HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL postseason changes: no Game 7 in Round 1.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

vCash: 500
KHL postseason changes: no Game 7 in Round 1.

Here's the link.

From next year it will be best of 5 in Round 1 and 10 minute OT + SO for all games except Game 5 in 1/8, Game 7 in 1/4 & 1/2 and all Games of the Finals. This is happening "in the name of Sochi" as KHL vice-president says.

To hell with those changes. To hell with Sochi if such changes need to be made because of OG '14.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I dont like these changes. On the other hand it is understandable. FHR delegated right to organise Russian championship to KHL, so KHL has to fulfill changes of FHR. I am sure KHL doesnt like this idea, but has to accept it. Because no compromise, no agreement KHL-FHR, no KHL. Lets wait until Sochi is done, KHL is independent from FHR and IIHF.

I will add other changes soon

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:12 AM
ult

No it's not understandable. It's nonsense. If I am to chose I'd prefer stable long regular championship any day, than this eurohockey tours or world cups. This "chinushi" from FHR can go to hell. 1 step forward and 5 effing steps backwards...

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:21 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Other changes of KHL Reglement - rules

1.more free days before and after Euro Hockey Tour and before WC/Olympics. I agree with Olympics break, but EHT? Another proof of FHR power. I am for abolishing EHT, I prefer one or two tourneys like european championship or so

2.camp
KHL camps starts 11.july (this year it was 20.july), MHL camps starts 4june (this season it was 1.july). I think I agree with changes.

3.foreigner
Foreigner is a guy, who CAN NOT play for Russia (acc.to IIHF rules). It applies to russian based clubs. This year it was a guy, who does not have russian citizenship. Number of foreigners is the same - 5 including a goalie, Lokomotiv can have 6 (if anything changed). Example of Koval, he has russian citizenship but play for Belarus - FHR wants to abandon such cases. On the other hand there are exeptions. Foreigner WILL NOT BE a guy who is russian citizenship and A) has valid contract with russian club signer before 2011/12 or earlier OR B) has played at least 2 KHL seasons and was not count as foreigner (example Koval I hope). So, not so much change as FHR can think.
I dont like foreigner rule. If KHL has to have it, I prefer this one. Foreigner is a guy whose country does not have KHL team. No differences between russian and non-russian clubs. So Latvians, Slovak (if Slovan joins), Czechs (if HC LEV joins), Belarussians, Kazakhs, Ukraines (if Donbass joins) are not foreigners anymore. These limits applies to Swedes, Finns, Canadians, Americans etc.

4.youth
Game roster has to consist of 20 players, including 2 goalies a 18 skaters. One guy has to be until 20, one until 21 years. Club can add two more guys (17-20), so roster will consist of 22 guys. All youth/juniors must be Russians. Does it apply to russian based clubs only? I hope so.
Does this rule help?

This season game roster consist of 22 players, including 2G, 18 skaters and 2 guys until 20 years.

5.goalie-foreigner
Goalie-foreigner (only russian clubs) can not play more than 2/3 games of regular season, he can play all play-offs. Does it help to russian goalies? FHR wants more russian goalies, KHL wants best goalies. Who is a winner of this rule?

6.non-russian clubs
Non-russian club has to have at least 5 guys who can play for NT of a country where a club is based. Example, Dinamo Riga has to have at least 5 Latvians, Dinamo Minsk more than 5 Belarussians, Slovan Bratislava Slovaks etc. Does this rule have a sense? It is not a problem to fulfill it.

7.coach´s contract.
New kind of contract will be recognised by KHL - coach´s contract. Is it a right step. Coach will have the same legal backround as a player has.

Last edited by vorky: 04-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
No it's not understandable. It's nonsense. If I am to chose I'd prefer stable long regular championship any day, than this eurohockey tours or world cups. This "chinushi" from FHR can go to hell. 1 step forward and 5 effing steps backwards...
I agree with you, I dont like euro tours breaks etc. It is bad for regular season, league. On the other hand I understand it. FHR has to do what IIHF wants, KHL has to do what FHR wants. As I wrote, no agreement with FHR, no KHL. I can give you similar example from Czech republic. Czech federation and FHR have right to govern domestic championship according to IIHF rules. So, APK (association of profesional clubs, something like KHL) had agreement with czech federation which said this: Czech federation delegates right to govern domestic champ to APK. The same is in Russia, FHR delegated its right to KHL. What has happened in Czech rep? Agreement expired, czech federation did not want to prolong it. So, APK does not govern czech league anymore. Do you want the same happen to Russia? KHL has to accept these euro tour commitments until agreement KHL-FHR is valid. I read many times that KHL wants to be independent from FHR, IIHF like NHL is. It is not so easy, it takes time. I hope it will happen soon after Sochi Games.

According to my knowledge of russian hockey culture. Interest of NT are more than interest of league. It is also important in these changes. Correct me, if wrong.

One more time, I dont like these changes about play-offs, but I undertand why it happened

Old
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Czech federation delegates right to govern domestic champ to APK. The same is in Russia, FHR delegated its right to KHL. What has happened in Czech rep? Agreement expired, czech federation did not want to prolong it. So, APK does not govern czech league anymore. Do you want the same happen to Russia?
I don't get it, why Czech example is relevant here. Surely KHL with Medvedev is indefinetely more powerful than Czech club association. If Medvedev truly wanted it he could send FHR and Tretyak to hell.

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I don't get it, why Czech example is relevant here. Surely KHL with Medvedev is indefinetely more powerful than Czech club association. If Medvedev truly wanted it he could send FHR and Tretyak to hell.
I agree that Medvedev is more powerful, but situation is the same in Russia and Czech rep. Federation delegated rigth to APK/KHL. I dont know what Medvedev wants today, but I know what he wants in future and it is important

Old
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
yunost

Really, the changes are not that big. A few extra days for Euro Tour, few more for 'sparring matches' and a couple less days of playoffs.
Besides those are not really chenges because of anything but to save time. Like he said, they physically dont have time to continue past April.

Even so I think the changes are terrible...

Also regarding Medvedev and his abilities to send FHR to hell, I believe that he is covering his ass. If he ignored these changes and started a big fight with other governing bodies now, he would seem selfish and anti-Russia(NT)... Also people might blame him if the NT was unsuccessful in Sochi.

Hopefully it will be a quick 2 years. After that I dont see a future in Russian participation un ET, and perhaps the KHL can become independent like the NHL.

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

I don't get how Euro Hockey Tour helps Russia to develop a NT for Sochi? The core players will be from NHL and they don't participate in this event (except for the last one in April). The same applies for back-to-backs.

And to get rid of big OT and additional play-off games - there's simply no excuse for that. Shoot-outs in the play-offs, are you kidding me???

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
NMF78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Shoot-outs in the play-offs, are you kidding me???

exactly, awfull idea

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I don't get how Euro Hockey Tour helps Russia to develop a NT for Sochi?
it does not help. It is only commitment of FHR and other national federation. When does this agreement about EHT ended? Does anybody know? IMO it is better to have better league than these NT training camps during season. If a player is good, he does not have any problem to prepare for WC a few days before its start. If IIHF wants to make money during season, it can create Euro championship in january. One week breat during christmas. I hope for changing IIHF schedule after Sochi

Old
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I agree with you, I dont like euro tours breaks etc. It is bad for regular season, league. On the other hand I understand it. FHR has to do what IIHF wants, KHL has to do what FHR wants. As I wrote, no agreement with FHR, no KHL. I can give you similar example from Czech republic. Czech federation and FHR have right to govern domestic championship according to IIHF rules. So, APK (association of profesional clubs, something like KHL) had agreement with czech federation which said this: Czech federation delegates right to govern domestic champ to APK. The same is in Russia, FHR delegated its right to KHL. What has happened in Czech rep? Agreement expired, czech federation did not want to prolong it. So, APK does not govern czech league anymore. Do you want the same happen to Russia? KHL has to accept these euro tour commitments until agreement KHL-FHR is valid. I read many times that KHL wants to be independent from FHR, IIHF like NHL is. It is not so easy, it takes time. I hope it will happen soon after Sochi Games.

According to my knowledge of russian hockey culture. Interest of NT are more than interest of league. It is also important in these changes. Correct me, if wrong.

One more time, I dont like these changes about play-offs, but I undertand why it happened
I hope that never happens. NHL already bothers me with it's ignorance of international hockey. The last thing I wish is another NHL-like league. No thanks.

oh and I hope that EHT continues as long as possible, it's a great thing.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote