Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Schefter says the Vikings aren't a lock to take Kalil...
I still think it's a lock that Kalil goes to Minny, especially considering who you guys had lining up at LT the past few years.

But hypothetically if he's not the pick, who would be the next choice? Claiborne?

04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I still think it's a lock that Kalil goes to Minny, especially considering who you guys had lining up at LT the past few years.

But hypothetically if he's not the pick, who would be the next choice? Claiborne?
I think Schefter said they're not a lock to take him because there is a lot of talk about them moving down. If they keep the 3rd pick, then I think Kalil will definitely be the guy.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
m9

If its not Kalil it has to be a trade-down I'd imagine, I don't see them picking someone else @ 3.

Old
04-11-2012, 03:23 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
I think Schefter said they're not a lock to take him because there is a lot of talk about them moving down. If they keep the 3rd pick, then I think Kalil will definitely be the guy.
I think the Vikes are just playing the game. Don't want to seem too set in stone.

We're going to hear so much BS in the next couple of weeks about what Team A is or isn't going to do. It's just that time of year. I wouldn't read too much into anything that is reported.

Old
04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Irsay trying to increase the value of the Vikings pick. Nice.

Schefter says the Vikings aren't a lock to take Kalil...
I think Irsay and Schefter are just doing Spielman a favor and trying to draw up interest in the pick.

A team like the Rams or Tampa who wants Blackmon or Claiborne here Schefter and might call the Vikes now.

I'm one of the few who wouldn't be upset with Blackmon over Kalil. But I do not want Claiborne 3rd overall. CBs don't go that high to begin and its especially a waste for a Cover 2 team.

I still think the pick will be Kalil, unless of course the Vikings think they have a trade, the clock runs out on them and CLE, TB and STL run to the podium and take Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne. Which, knowing the Vikings, we all know has a very high possibility of happening.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:08 PM
m9

I'd be really surprised with Blackmon at 3. He's nowhere near the other top WR's who have been top picks in recent years. People say he compares to Boldin, but he seems more Hakeem Nicks to me. You're getting a good player, but I don't know if that's good asset management.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Nazem Bozak

anyone hear about the trent richardson story on sportscenter?

Old
04-15-2012, 01:14 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I think Irsay and Schefter are just doing Spielman a favor and trying to draw up interest in the pick.

A team like the Rams or Tampa who wants Blackmon or Claiborne here Schefter and might call the Vikes now.

I'm one of the few who wouldn't be upset with Blackmon over Kalil. But I do not want Claiborne 3rd overall. CBs don't go that high to begin and its especially a waste for a Cover 2 team.

I still think the pick will be Kalil, unless of course the Vikings think they have a trade, the clock runs out on them and CLE, TB and STL run to the podium and take Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne. Which, knowing the Vikings, we all know has a very high possibility of happening.
The other option is a team trading up for Richardson (trying to beat the Browns there). But I just don't see a trading partner for Minnesota who would want that.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Nazem Bozak

can any of you guy tell me about mark barron? a lot of people say he's probably #1 on the cowboys board or #2 behind fletcher cox

Old
04-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Schenn View Post
can any of you guy tell me about mark barron? a lot of people say he's probably #1 on the cowboys board or #2 behind fletcher cox
Projects as a strong safety. Good in the box, decent in coverage. A playmaker. I want him in the first. He's not the cover guy the cowboys need, but he's an impact player.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Nazem Bozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Projects as a strong safety. Good in the box, decent in coverage. A playmaker. I want him in the first. He's not the cover guy the cowboys need, but he's an impact player.
i think the cowboys need a playmaker back there, the thing that stands out to me. just going by watching the games but i have a feeling were probably a bottom tier team in takeaways

Old
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

For me Mark Barron isn't all that great coverage.

He's got ball skills, that's for sure, but his coverage ability leaves a fair bit to be desired. He's got tight hips and can't consistently stay with certain players.

He's good against the run and can lay the wood, but I'm not sure I'd say he's average in coverage.

Old
04-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Interesting read comparing Floyd and Blackmon

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/17/c...module=HP11_cp

Old
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
For me Mark Barron isn't all that great coverage.

He's got ball skills, that's for sure, but his coverage ability leaves a fair bit to be desired. He's got tight hips and can't consistently stay with certain players.

He's good against the run and can lay the wood, but I'm not sure I'd say he's average in coverage.
He's not great one on one, but he is a playmaker with the ball in the air.

Ideally, I'd like to see him be a guy who plays a sort of "short center" over the middle, although that would usually require a true cover safety playing deep.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 440
Can someone explain to me Gruden's QB Camp? Was there a superstar QB that Gruden drafted and developed into a superstar QB that I missed? No, don't tell me about the ancient Rich Gannon

Old
04-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Can someone explain to me Gruden's QB Camp? Was there a superstar QB that Gruden drafted and developed into a superstar QB that I missed? No, don't tell me about the ancient Rich Gannon
I don't get it either... this is only year 2 of the camp I think...

Gruden is a West Coast/Walsh guy so I guess he gets associated with the famous QB-centred coaches that come from that philosophy.

Aside but... starting to notice a lot of spread offence permeating into the NFL (wildcat). I don't think it will ever be as prevalent in the NFL as college because the narrow hash marks make it easier to devise plays on one side of the field. The NFL passing game is still about stretching the field so I think Gruden probably tires to hammer that stuff home (he is always talking about eyes too, that guy)...

anyway just throwing stuff out there... Smart idea by Gruden at the very least as he will gain notoriety and this thing will keep growing.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I think Gruden does well with taking talented journeymen vets and getting career years out of them

But your right his development of QB's is terrible

To be fair to him on Chris Simms though ,, If I recall wasn't that pick forced on him by GM? Could have swore that he was never a Simms fan

Old
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Colts inform Luck they will take him first. Not really a surprise, has been known for some time

Old
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Now tomorrow, Washington will inform Griffin he's #2.

The 1st round might be complete before it starts.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Colts inform Luck they will take him first. Not really a surprise, has been known for some time
hopefully that translates to teams not taking the full time they are OTC. I doubt it.

really looking forward to this draft...

please pick Richardson and don't trade the pick Fatty Walrus-man.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:05 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
hopefully that translates to teams not taking the full time they are OTC. I doubt it.

really looking forward to this draft...

please pick Richardson and don't trade the pick Fatty Walrus-man.
Prepare to be disappointed. Everything I've read and heard has the Browns taking Blackmon or Tannehill. I agree that Richardson should be the pick though.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Prepare to be disappointed. Everything I've read and heard has the Browns taking Blackmon or Tannehill. I agree that Richardson should be the pick though.
Blackmon would not be a bad pick at all. But I agree Tannehill is the wrong pick for them right now.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...t.6/index.html

Has them taking Richardson.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Walter does too... I know not everyone likes Walter but he is insanely active (updating his mock every week sometimes more, after taking in the news). I think people just expect the Browns to do the wrong thing.

This B's regime has been fairly consistent though and more predictable than others. They are committed to building through the draft and that is good. I gotta say I think the biggest threat to the B's drafting TR is a trade-down (please don't happen).

Old
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Gilmore #9?

Isn't he slated to be 2nd rounder (At least wasnt' he a few months ago?)

I got him at #43 in our Mock draft

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Closed Thread