HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we trade for Gagner or Eberle? (Discuss all trades here, if you must)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 10:17 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=h0ckeyman;47707929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post

They are highly regarded, but still not bluechip defensive prospects. The Oilers would be licking their chops at a chance to scoop up MDZ, Erixon or McDonagh.
Yes, but unless its McD --- a non starter for us -- they will want one of those 2 +.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
id offer them Staal, Sauer and our #1 for their #1.

youd have to go hard after Schultz though.
Yikes, no way do I want to do that trade.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
They want way, way more.
Trust me, I've done the legwork here.
Which is why i have no interest in trading any of our top young defenseman for the #1 pick in a draft that doesnt have a true franchise player like Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, and others. There is no sure fire #1 pick even tho people are penciling in Yakopov. As great as it is to have the #1 pick in any draft, its just not worth it with this years draft crop.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:23 AM
bernmeister

Quote:

They must have one of
McD way NO
Erixon just say NO
MDZ+ ok (depending on the +)

Old
04-11-2012, 10:25 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Personally, I think I would rather try to acquire the 1st overall and take the big talented center in Grigorenko. 17 years old and he's already 6-2 and 190 pounds.

Can expect a playing career in the 6-4 220 pound range.

Play him with Kreider and that would be sick.

additionally, I would bring JT Miller up as a winger.

I really like this^ thinking.
But I'm sure Howson will be even more reasonable....

Old
04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

That's a pretty significant offer. Staal and our #1 for their #1 and #2 is about the best I would do, and I'd wince when I offered it.

As good as he is, I don't think Schultz is ready to step right into the NHL in a top-4 role. I'd expect him to play a similar season to Del Zotto's first year, or go the McDonagh route from last season.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
Hall is the only one worth inquiring about. Gagner is a *****.
Unfortunately, as you all know, I was way ahead of the curve here.
Edmonton values Hall like Bosox fans view Ted Williams early in his career, and it looks less likely that even if you reasonably overpay, he can be had except for massive ridiculous overcompensation which makes no sense.

Last edited by bernmeister: 04-13-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old
04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I don't think the Rangers are trading defensemen until they have players on the 3rd pair pushing for 2nd pair minutes with their play. This means Sauer coming back healthy or waiting for Erixon or McIlrath (or Schultz?). Anything else creates a defensive hole.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Personally, I think I would rather try to acquire the 1st overall and take the big talented center in Grigorenko. 17 years old and he's already 6-2 and 190 pounds.

Can expect a playing career in the 6-4 220 pound range.

Play him with Kreider and that would be sick.

additionally, I would bring JT Miller up as a winger.
I don't think Grigorenko has that type of frame. Think less Ovechkin and more like Malkin. Not that Malkin is a shrimp by any stretch.

Yakupov has the intangibles that you want in a future franchise player. He's hungry to win, has a great character, is humble, and has a stellar worth ethic. Grigorenko took too many nights off this year. You couldn't say that about Nail.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That's a pretty significant offer. Staal and our #1 for their #1 and #2 is about the best I would do, and I'd wince when I offered it.

As good as he is, I don't think Schultz is ready to step right into the NHL in a top-4 role. I'd expect him to play a similar season to Del Zotto's first year, or go the McDonagh route from last season.
I also think Staal and Saur have serious value tha is low at the moment because of injuries. I'd like to move guys after someone has stepped up and shown that they could potentially take their spot, not because we hope the can/assume they can/ think eh have the talent to.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I also think Staal and Saur have serious value tha is low at the moment because of injuries. I'd like to move guys after someone has stepped up and shown that they could potentially take their spot, not because we hope the can/assume they can/ think eh have the talent to.
I agree, but just for the sake of discussion that's what my offer would be. However, as you pointed out, Staal's value is at a point right now where I think Edmonton would turn it down.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I agree, but just for the sake of discussion that's what my offer would be. However, as you pointed out, Staal's value is at a point right now where I think Edmonton would turn it down.
Forget Edmonton, I'm not even comfortable with it.

Staal is an All-star defenseman who is just starting to enter his pride. He's hurt, he doesn't come back like Superman, and suddenly we want to. I've him.

We do this every year - Girardi, Del Zotto, Staal/Sauer.

We gotta go with the flow a little more. We keep looking to the next yard at the first signs that not everything is green.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
PointShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Thank you for saving me the time.

I have a huge man crush on Eberle for the record.

I'd offer Gaborik, Del Zotto for him and then try to use the cap-space to sign Parise or Suter or both.

Actually, the perfect scenario would be to make that trade, then sign Suter to a retirement deal at say a 5-6 mil cap hit, and sign Semin to a short-term deal, perhaps 2 years at 6 mil per.

Eberle Richards Semin
Kreider Stepan Callahan
Hagelin Anisimov Dubinsky
Rupp Boyle Prust

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Sauer/Stralman/McIlrath/Bickel

Lundqvist
Gustavsson/Johnson

/me wakes up from his dream.

Semin to replace Gaborik..... Really....? 6 million/yr for a guy coming off back to back 54 point seasons and a no show in the playoffs? Is that you Sather? Sly man..

Old
04-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Forget Edmonton, I'm not even comfortable with it.

Staal is an All-star defenseman who is just starting to enter his pride. He's hurt, he doesn't come back like Superman, and suddenly we want to. I've him.

We do this every year - Girardi, Del Zotto, Staal/Sauer.

We gotta go with the flow a little more. We keep looking to the next yard at the first signs that not everything is green.
I dont WANT to trade them, just throwing it out there as an option. I think the Rangers have the assets to upgrade up front. And they should, if they want to continue to evolve as a franchise.

Right now they are a team that does an amazing job at keeping pucks out of their own net. When they can be a team that does that AND puts the puck in the other teams net, then they'll be something special. By that I mean a team that you can say definitively SHOULD win the Stanley Cup.

Right now i doubt there is a single person on this entire message board (all the boards combined) who would say that about our team. COULD we win the SC? sure. SHOULD we win it? No.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Edge

Quote:
I dont WANT to trade them, just throwing it out there as an option. I think the Rangers have the assets to upgrade up front. And they should, if they want to continue to evolve as a franchise.

Right now they are a team that does an amazing job at keeping pucks out of their own net. When they can be a team that does that AND puts the puck in the other teams net, then they'll be something special. By that I mean a team that you can say definitively SHOULD win the Stanley Cup.

Right now i doubt there is a single person on this entire message board (all the boards combined) who would say that about our team. COULD we win the SC? sure. SHOULD we win it? No.
I think I'd rather add several less flashy secondary scoring options that try and make a blockbuster trade for the sexy high end prospect.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:07 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post

As much as you want to regard them as highly touted prospects, thats all they are at the moment. And Dubnyk emerged as your #1 because there is no1 else. He would be a backup goalie anywhere else. None of them have proven anything yet and until they do, like i said, they have Zero defenseman and no goalie. I stand by my statement until proven otherwise.
Hockey's Future reguards them as blue chip...so have a few media guys and TV analysts... who? we get so much hockey up here i honestly can't remember them all, but Craig Button for one mentioned our defensive depth in the system last night at the draft lottery.

also Dubnyk emerged as the #1 goalie because he was given the chance to be #1 and he became #1....isn't that the way it usually works? the last 2 years he has outplayed Khabibulin by a lot, Khabby has been our REAL crappy goalie...don't believe me? check both their records the last 2 years on a 30th and 29 place team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post

They are highly regarded, but still not bluechip defensive prospects. The Oilers would be licking their chops at a chance to scoop up MDZ, Erixon or McDonagh.

true, but Klefbom has a chance to be blue chip if you listen to some of the scouts and analysts, and i don't see much of a difference between Erixon and Klefbom.

Rangers in 6.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
If they weren't going to include Del Zotto for Nash, why would they include him for a prospect who may or may not pan out?
Because his potential is higher than Nash's

Because he's much younger than Nash

Because he makes almost 7 million less than Nash

Because Yakupov is as "can't miss" as they come. He's going to be a very special player. Reminds me of a more gifted Landeskog, honestly.

I'd offer Del Zotto, Anisimov or Dubinsky, Miller or Thomas, 1st and 2nd for the #1 overall.

I'd also offer Gaborik, Miller or Thomas, and a 1st for the 1st overall, and then go hard after Parise.

I'd also offer Gaborik, DZ, prospects not named Kreider, and picks for Eberle, and the 1st overall, and then go hard after Suter and Parise.

Now people will call me crazy. But let's see how Gaborik does in the playoffs. As I predicted, he's going to wilt like a daisy and not be able to elevate his game when the games get tougher.

Getting top value for Gaborik and then using that space to grab Parise or Suter or both is a gutsy, but great move for this team going forward. Gaborik makes 7.5 million for 2 more years. After that, he can walk if he wants. I don't see him being a long-term part of this teams success anyway.

Gaborik, Anisimov, DZ, 1st for Eberle, 1st overall:

Parise Richards Callahan
Eberle Stepan Kreider
Hagelin Dubinsky Yakupov
Rupp Boyle Prust

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Sauer/Bickel/McIlrath

Lundqvist
Gustavsson/Johnson

Old
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
1) Oil don't trade Eberle - there would be rioting in the streets of Edmonton if they did.

2) Gagne is nothing special. He's on the small side, doesn't play an aggressive forecheck and would probably be treated much the same as AA. If there's a forward in Edmonton I'd consider, it'd be MPS. MPS has size and speed that Gagne doesn't. With his struggles last season, if he doesn't start much better next season, he'll have an extremely hard time finding space in the top6 and he's no bottom6 player.

3) If the Oil are to move a forward, why not Hemsky who makes the most and isn't going to be a long time fixture in their lineup. I'd imagine that the runner-ups in the Parise sweepstakes would be interested in acquiring Hemsky. I'm not overly interested in Hemsky, but if Parise isn't an option and he came cheap, I'd consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Gagner is young and very talented. He's the top 6 forward we need.
4) Parise is the top6 forward we need. Anyone else isn't much of an upgrade, or an upgrade at all.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
...He's the complimentary 1st line LW we need?

Gagner? Sam Gagner?
Bingo! I don't understand what people see in Sam Gagner. He's be thrown around like a rag doll in the east so, check please!

Old
04-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Bingo! I don't understand what people see in Sam Gagner. He's be thrown around like a rag doll in the east so, check please!
People think that they're going to see those 2 games all the time. And even with those crazy two games, he only finished with 47 points.

Old
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
Hockey's Future reguards them as blue chip...so have a few media guys and TV analysts... who? we get so much hockey up here i honestly can't remember them all, but Craig Button for one mentioned our defensive depth in the system last night at the draft lottery.

also Dubnyk emerged as the #1 goalie because he was given the chance to be #1 and he became #1....isn't that the way it usually works? the last 2 years he has outplayed Khabibulin by a lot, Khabby has been our REAL crappy goalie...don't believe me? check both their records the last 2 years on a 30th and 29 place team.

true, but Klefbom has a chance to be blue chip if you listen to some of the scouts and analysts, and i don't see much of a difference between Erixon and Klefbom.

Rangers in 6.
They arent blue chip prospects as much as you want them to be. The difference between Erixon and Klefbom is significant. Erixon is already a ppg player in the ahl and when he came up in the nhl he didnt look out of place at all. He has all the skills and size to be a top pairing dman in the nhl. Hes had huge success in sweden along with the AHL, and in his limited time in the nhl. Once he fills out his frame he could be another Mcdonagh.

Also again Dubnyk is not a #1 goalie on any other team in the nhl. Khabby has been ***** for the past 3 years. He hasnt been good since his days in Tampa. Like i said Dubnyk became the #1 goalie by default because there was and is no1 else.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
They arent blue chip prospects as much as you want them to be. The difference between Erixon and Klefbom is significant. Erixon is already a ppg player in the ahl and when he came up in the nhl he didnt look out of place at all. He has all the skills and size to be a top pairing dman in the nhl. Hes had huge success in sweden along with the AHL, and in his limited time in the nhl. Once he fills out his frame he could be another Mcdonagh.

Also again Dubnyk is not a #1 goalie on any other team in the nhl. Khabby has been ***** for the past 3 years. He hasnt been good since his days in Tampa. Like i said Dubnyk became the #1 goalie by default because there was and is no1 else.
Erixon had 33 points in 49 games, hardly a PPG player....Erixon is also 20, Klefbom is still 18,and yes, Erixon has been playing in the AHL and has significantly more points than Klefbom has playing in the Swedish mens league of Fargestads, However Klefbom has played in this mens league since he was 17....it's not unusual for kids to not score a bunch of points there, but still be NHL ready at 20 when they come over. other than perhaps a difference in points when they both get to the NHL, they really are very comparable. Klefbom was taken at #19, Erixon at #23 and Hockey's Future has Klefbom ranked at an 8.0C out of a 10 ranking and Erixon at 7.5B...again very comparable.

as far as Dubnyk goes, he couldn't be the #1 goalie in Columbus? really? how about Toronto? i'd take him over Mason and Sanford anyday, as well as Reimer and Gustafsson.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Because his potential is higher than Nash's

Because he's much younger than Nash

Because he makes almost 7 million less than Nash

Because Yakupov is as "can't miss" as they come. He's going to be a very special player. Reminds me of a more gifted Landeskog, honestly.

I'd offer Del Zotto, Anisimov or Dubinsky, Miller or Thomas, 1st and 2nd for the #1 overall.

I'd also offer Gaborik, Miller or Thomas, and a 1st for the 1st overall, and then go hard after Parise.

I'd also offer Gaborik, DZ, prospects not named Kreider, and picks for Eberle, and the 1st overall, and then go hard after Suter and Parise.

Now people will call me crazy. But let's see how Gaborik does in the playoffs. As I predicted, he's going to wilt like a daisy and not be able to elevate his game when the games get tougher.

Getting top value for Gaborik and then using that space to grab Parise or Suter or both is a gutsy, but great move for this team going forward. Gaborik makes 7.5 million for 2 more years. After that, he can walk if he wants. I don't see him being a long-term part of this teams success anyway.

Gaborik, Anisimov, DZ, 1st for Eberle, 1st overall:

Parise Richards Callahan
Eberle Stepan Kreider
Hagelin Dubinsky Yakupov
Rupp Boyle Prust

Staal Suter
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Sauer/Bickel/McIlrath

Lundqvist
Gustavsson/Johnson
This post made me cry.

1) Says who? Nash has played on a terrible team with no support... ever.
2) You'd trade Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Miller + our 1st for Yakupov... a player who's never played in the NHL before...
3) You'd trade one of the best goal scorers in the league along with our top prospect and 1st for, again, an unproven prospect.
4) You'd trade one of the best goal scorers in the league along with one of the brightest puck moving defensemen in the league along with the better part of our farm for 2 players who may never fit in our system.

Why?

Edmonton isn't trading Eberle, or NH, or the 1st, or Hall. They're about to become the Penguins of the West. They'll have 1 more poor year, draft a stud defenseman, sign a goalie, a few more fillers, and take off from there.

Ovy and Crosby's first years weren't successes either, no reason to believe Yakupov's will be any different.

Soon they'll be one of the scariest team's in the league. They're not trading their elite players regardless of the package.

That being said, why the **** would we be trading important cogs to our team for risks? "Can't miss" my ass. Too many prospects have that label given to them and completely choke. Yea getting Yakupov would be awesome, but if we were handed the pick for no price, which isn't happening.

We keep our depth, try and sign Parise, or try and trade for Bobby Ryan. I doubt Sather will revisit Nash unless their GM and asst. GM get some common sense and accept what we offer to them and not the other way around. Bottom line is we're moving forward with what WE'VE ASSEMBLED. We lack 1 piece, we're not gonna be opening up holes to get 1 star player.

As for your Gaborik assessment I think he scores at least 4-5 goals and adds 6-7 assists. Obviously it's yet to happen but there is nothing to suggest that he'll suddenly decline for the **** of it.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

^^ the Rangers have great depth in their system and really don't need to trade anyone away for anyone, you are winning with what you've got! and Kreider, JT Miller, Erixon and McIlrath are on the way. add to what you already have, and you have a ton of depth!!

Old
04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

This talk of EDM having great offensive depth is a bunch of BS. They were 20th in the league in G/G.

The maturation of Nuge, Hall, and Eberle, along with the addition of Yakupov bumps them up to the mid teens, not the top 10. People act as if their offense is ready to go. It's not. Their bottom lines are completely useless. Obviously, their D is the main problem, but let's not act as if their offense is a bunch of world beaters.

Closed Thread