HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we trade for Gagner or Eberle? (Discuss all trades here, if you must)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 05:42 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
This talk of EDM having great offensive depth is a bunch of BS. They were 20th in the league in G/G.

The maturation of Nuge, Hall, and Eberle, along with the addition of Yakupov bumps them up to the mid teens, not the top 10. People act as if their offense is ready to go. It's not. Their bottom lines are completely useless. Obviously, their D is the main problem, but let's not act as if their offense is a bunch of world beaters.
even Oiler fans don't get that! management had even been saying going into this draft that they could still possibly take another forward because they know we need still more offence. you're right, our 2nd, and 3rd lines let us down this year offensively. therefore we'll gladly trade you center Shawn Horcoff for d-man Dylan McIlrath....what do you say?

Old
04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
even Oiler fans don't get that! management had even been saying going into this draft that they could still possibly take another forward because they know we need still more offence. you're right, our 2nd, and 3rd lines let us down this year offensively. therefore we'll gladly trade you center Shawn Horcoff for d-man Dylan McIlrath....what do you say?
Well...if we're going to make crazy trade proposals here, let's do McIlrath for Eberle instead.

On second though, I'll take Nuge or Hall instead, if you don't want to give up Eberle.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:16 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Well...if we're going to make crazy trade proposals here, let's do McIlrath for Eberle instead.

On second though, I'll take Nuge or Hall instead, if you don't want to give up Eberle.
DEAL!!!

Old
04-11-2012, 06:30 PM
bernmeister

3 way for the sniper we seek?

Oilers now have 1st pick.
Seems they want massive overcompensation, will not put Eberle/Hall/RNH in mix.
Yet they know they need D. Seriously.

supposedly Shea Webber wants to go home after next year.
Home is thought to be Vancouver but Edmonton might be close enough.

Assuming there is a deal LIKE:
Weber + Radulov + X
for
1st (Yakupov) + Y

Then what could we offer to get Radulov?
I know he's RW and somebody will have to play off wing while still we're dying for lefties, but still he's a bonafide sniper, here now, good fit.

Should you accept this invitation, please post:

1) Assume some deal is made first like
Weber + Radulov + X
for
1st (Yakupov) + Y
but fill in X and Y and comment.
{particularly, would we have to make it 3 time and participate with the X and Y when that part of the deal is going down?
Or would the follow up we have with edmonton be shaped by the X and Y?}

2) If that happens, what do we trade for Radulov?
One thought is Girardi + Stepan, assuming we have a good deal for decent term.

Other pieces may need be involved on both sides, but if Edmonton wants to gamble on getting Weber now so it can schmooze him into staying and signing and avoid Canucks having a shot at him, and they could add Girardi, that would be tremendous for them, + Stepan is a good distributor and would be a good fit with their snipers.

We would get a sniper.

Thoughts....

Old
04-11-2012, 06:31 PM
yonderboy

I think it's playoffs, not the off season.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
GodsARangerFan

Shea wants to go back home in Vancouver so we'll send him to edmonton. That's like saying his home is in NYC, so we'll send him to Cleveland haha

Old
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
mug25

Our best defenseman and our 2nd best Center in return for a guy that didn't even want to play in the NHL? Sorry, the team doesn't need a "me first" player like Radulov.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Oilers now have 1st pick.
Seems they want massive overcompensation, will not put Eberle/Hall/RNH in mix.
Yet they know they need D. Seriously.

supposedly Shea Webber wants to go home after next year.
Home is thought to be Vancouver but Edmonton might be close enough.

Assuming there is a deal LIKE:
Weber + Radulov + X
for
1st (Yakupov) + Y

Then what could we offer to get Radulov?
I know he's RW and somebody will have to play off wing while still we're dying for lefties, but still he's a bonafide sniper, here now, good fit.

Should you accept this invitation, please post:

1) Assume some deal is made first like
Weber + Radulov + X
for
1st (Yakupov) + Y
but fill in X and Y and comment.
{particularly, would we have to make it 3 time and participate with the X and Y when that part of the deal is going down?
Or would the follow up we have with edmonton be shaped by the X and Y?}

2) If that happens, what do we trade for Radulov?
One thought is Girardi + Stepan, assuming we have a good deal for decent term.

Other pieces may need be involved on both sides, but if Edmonton wants to gamble on getting Weber now so it can schmooze him into staying and signing and avoid Canucks having a shot at him, and they could add Girardi, that would be tremendous for them, + Stepan is a good distributor and would be a good fit with their snipers.

We would get a sniper.

Thoughts....
Pul-eze, no more darn Russian enigmas on this team. USA, Canadien or Sweidish born players acceptable only!

Old
04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
SAvery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Pul-eze, no more darn Russian enigmas on this team. USA, Canadien or Sweidish born players acceptable only!
Have you ever been to Coney Island? Brighton Beach? Sheepshead Bay?

A Russian superstar would be a huge coup for this franchise from a marketing perspective.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:45 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Have you ever been to Coney Island? Brighton Beach? Sheepshead Bay?

A Russian superstar would be a huge coup for this franchise from a marketing perspective.

Hockey players actually visit those places?

Old
04-11-2012, 09:08 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsARangerFan View Post
Shea wants to go back home in Vancouver so we'll send him to edmonton. That's like saying his home is in NYC, so we'll send him to Cleveland haha
that was kinder than i thought it was going to be

Old
04-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
My mom told me that in 94, the Rangers players went to a restaurant in Brighton Beach to celebrate. She met the whole team and all. Obviously that team had lots of Russians though.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
This post made me cry.

1) Says who? Nash has played on a terrible team with no support... ever.
2) You'd trade Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Miller + our 1st for Yakupov... a player who's never played in the NHL before...
3) You'd trade one of the best goal scorers in the league along with our top prospect and 1st for, again, an unproven prospect.
4) You'd trade one of the best goal scorers in the league along with one of the brightest puck moving defensemen in the league along with the better part of our farm for 2 players who may never fit in our system.

Why?

Edmonton isn't trading Eberle, or NH, or the 1st, or Hall. They're about to become the Penguins of the West. They'll have 1 more poor year, draft a stud defenseman, sign a goalie, a few more fillers, and take off from there.

Ovy and Crosby's first years weren't successes either, no reason to believe Yakupov's will be any different.

Soon they'll be one of the scariest team's in the league. They're not trading their elite players regardless of the package.

That being said, why the **** would we be trading important cogs to our team for risks? "Can't miss" my ass. Too many prospects have that label given to them and completely choke. Yea getting Yakupov would be awesome, but if we were handed the pick for no price, which isn't happening.

We keep our depth, try and sign Parise, or try and trade for Bobby Ryan. I doubt Sather will revisit Nash unless their GM and asst. GM get some common sense and accept what we offer to them and not the other way around. Bottom line is we're moving forward with what WE'VE ASSEMBLED. We lack 1 piece, we're not gonna be opening up holes to get 1 star player.

As for your Gaborik assessment I think he scores at least 4-5 goals and adds 6-7 assists. Obviously it's yet to happen but there is nothing to suggest that he'll suddenly decline for the **** of it.
So much is wrong with this.

Crosby and Ovechkins first seasons weren't successful? What? WHAT?

Eberle and Yakupov "may never fit in our system?" WHAT? You could say that about anyone. Would you not trade Anisimov for Malkin because he may never fit in our system?

Eberle is a young, elite winger. Yakupov is going to be a great all around player and an impact player. It's amazing how people overrate our own prospects and underrate others. Most of you consider Kreider untouchable. Yet, you find reasons to tell me Yakupov hasn't proven anything and thus isn't worth giving up replaceable, albiet very good assets for? Come on now.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
possible that if the Rangers get knocked out of the playoffs (especially early) might be a Girardi + trade for 1st overall.

i get a feeling Tambo is going to trade the 1st.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:34 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Russian players do, quite often I might add.

There's a significant russian community in those places and if a young kid is feeling a bit homesick, they can go there and get some familiar sounds and food.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
This post made me cry.

1) Says who? Nash has played on a terrible team with no support... ever.
2) You'd trade Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Miller + our 1st for Yakupov... a player who's never played in the NHL before...
3) You'd trade one of the best goal scorers in the league along with our top prospect and 1st for, again, an unproven prospect.
4) You'd trade one of the best goal scorers in the league along with one of the brightest puck moving defensemen in the league along with the better part of our farm for 2 players who may never fit in our system.

Why?

Edmonton isn't trading Eberle, or NH, or the 1st, or Hall. They're about to become the Penguins of the West. They'll have 1 more poor year, draft a stud defenseman, sign a goalie, a few more fillers, and take off from there.

Ovy and Crosby's first years weren't successes either, no reason to believe Yakupov's will be any different.

Soon they'll be one of the scariest team's in the league. They're not trading their elite players regardless of the package.

That being said, why the **** would we be trading important cogs to our team for risks? "Can't miss" my ass. Too many prospects have that label given to them and completely choke. Yea getting Yakupov would be awesome, but if we were handed the pick for no price, which isn't happening.

We keep our depth, try and sign Parise, or try and trade for Bobby Ryan. I doubt Sather will revisit Nash unless their GM and asst. GM get some common sense and accept what we offer to them and not the other way around. Bottom line is we're moving forward with what WE'VE ASSEMBLED. We lack 1 piece, we're not gonna be opening up holes to get 1 star player.

As for your Gaborik assessment I think he scores at least 4-5 goals and adds 6-7 assists. Obviously it's yet to happen but there is nothing to suggest that he'll suddenly decline for the **** of it.
say what now?

Old
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Russian players do, quite often I might add.

There's a significant russian community in those places and if a young kid is feeling a bit homesick, they can go there and get some familiar sounds and food.
Agreed. New York doesn't seem to intimidate a lot of the Russian players. I can think of other places they've been a bit more hesitant to embrace.

New York is very appealing for many people around the world.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
possible that if the Rangers get knocked out of the playoffs (especially early) might be a Girardi + trade for 1st overall.

i get a feeling Tambo is going to trade the 1st.
If we could potentially work out a deal, I'm almost positive they'd want McD opposed to Girardi.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
If we could potentially work out a deal, I'm almost positive they'd want McD opposed to Girardi.
they will ask for him at first for sure. Rangers can't give him up and Girardi is a solid top D-Man. Thats where the plus comes in. Duby Miller etc.. i think it's possible. if we sign Schultz we can definitely afford to trade a top D-Man. for 1st overall. Sather will try no doubt.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
So much is wrong with this.

Crosby and Ovechkins first seasons weren't successful? What? WHAT?

Eberle and Yakupov "may never fit in our system?" WHAT? You could say that about anyone. Would you not trade Anisimov for Malkin because he may never fit in our system?

Eberle is a young, elite winger. Yakupov is going to be a great all around player and an impact player. It's amazing how people overrate our own prospects and underrate others. Most of you consider Kreider untouchable. Yet, you find reasons to tell me Yakupov hasn't proven anything and thus isn't worth giving up replaceable, albiet very good assets for? Come on now.
Damn... I guess people have lowered their standards on success around here.

Washington didn't make the playoffs until Ovechkin's 3rd year in the NHL.

Pitt didn't make the playoffs the first year Crosby was in the NHL either.

By success I meant team success. This is a team sport, yes? Individually, their stats were great, but that amounts to about nothing when your team isn't successful. Ask Rick Nash that.

So no. In my book, both Crosby and Ovechkin did not have successful first seasons in the sense that their team's did not benefit from their rookie campaigns in the playoffs. By saying that Yakupov will follow suite I meant that the Oilers will be at least another losing season away from making the playoffs.

Eberle is a young elite winger, but he's small. From what i've seen from him he's also not defensively sound. As for Yakupov, he's never played a game in the NHL. I'm not trading the assets you list as "replaceable" for a player that may never come to fruition.

As for the assets you list as replaceable... they've made us the 1st overall seed in the Atlantic this year, if you haven't noticed. They fight for each other, they've bonded, and they're maturing as a unit. What more can you ask for from a team? And here you are throwing their names around left and right to be traded.

We need 1 piece that we can't immediately fix from within our farm system to be lethal. 1.

X-Stepan-Gaborik
Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonough-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

Let's just blow this up though so we can add big names. Haven't you learned anything from the era where we constantly added big names at the expense of our farm?

As for valuing our prospects over others, I don't know if you've noticed, but currently 4 of our top 6 forwards have come from within our farm. Additionally, if Kreider were to play on the 3rd line in place of Fedotenko, which is a distinct possibility later on in the playoffs, 6 of our top 9 would be homegrown. In addition, every defender we have with the exception of Stralman is from our farm too.

Hank is from our farm.

So, 12/16 of our most important players are from within our farm and drafting system.

Again, if you haven't noticed, we're in 1st place. I'd say our prospects have turned out to be pretty damn special. I'm not overvaluing our prospects... our prospects have shown results. All Eberle has shown me is a flashy goal and some padded stats on a team that has amounted to nothing in the last 5 years.

But I'm wrong. Clearly. Let's trade our core pieces - pieces you believe to be replaceable, for some up and coming studs with big names and hype tags.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Edge

I know it's sexy to go for the draft pick, and I may be in the minority, but I think I'd rather focus on a couple of secondary scoring options on the wings, possibly target a guy like Parise, then start moving top, affordable players.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I know it's sexy to go for the draft pick, and I may be in the minority, but I think I'd rather focus on a couple of secondary scoring options on the wings, possibly target a guy like Parise, then start moving top, affordable players.
either eway works for me, we're at a point right now as a team where we can do either IMO and it wouldn't matter, i think this team is improving either way. it IS sexy to think of 1st overall. Yakupov on the Rangers and signing Schultz would be money.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:29 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Parise is gonna be a huge cap hit wherever he goes.. seems like there's going to be a bidding war for him.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Parise is gonna be a huge cap hit wherever he goes.. seems like there's going to be a bidding war for him.
I take my chances on a cap hit then moving proven young talent for unproven young talent.

I'd just rather see how all the guys look next season. For all our talk about defensive depth, injuries this put some less than thrilling names into our lineup.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Eberle is a young elite winger, but he's small. From what i've seen from him he's also not defensively sound.
Eberle is small, but that had absolutely no bearing on his game at all this past season. and your wrong about his defense, he is defensively sound!

Closed Thread