HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I have a question re: Peter Cajanek

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 01:01 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
I have a question re: Peter Cajanek

I was thinking about picking him up in a fantasy league I'm in. Is he playing on a top line and/or on the power play? I don't know much about the Blues' lines so any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do you guys project he'll do this year? Thanks guys.

Old
11-17-2003, 03:11 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
He's the Blues' 3rd line center.. but was playing 2nd line because Weight was suspended. Weight is coming back on Wednesday, so he'll be back on the 3rd line and he'll be on the 2nd PP unit and one of the two PK units.

Old
11-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Calgary_Moe

Cajanek

Cajanek is a player who has adapted well to the NHL. He's had a couple injury problems, but look at his stats from last year and he is a solid points producer. He is always the first to be move up to the top lines and will, I think, at least duplicate or improve upon his production from last year. He has a mature mind for the game and knows both ends of the ice. I look at him as a good pickup in fantasy leagues (especially if it's a keeper) as he will be around for a while.... even when Weight wears out his welcome.

Old
11-18-2003, 12:35 PM
degroat*

And why exactly will Weight wear out his welcome? It must be his nearly 2.0 PPG last year in the playoffs.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:11 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
He's the Blues' 3rd line center.. but was playing 2nd line because Weight was suspended. Weight is coming back on Wednesday, so he'll be back on the 3rd line and he'll be on the 2nd PP unit and one of the two PK units.
I remember reading something in pre-season that Coach Q was toying with the idea of putting Cajanek on a line with Tkachuk and Demitra, or perhaps as a compliment to Weight on the 2nd line. Has this happened at all, or was I dreaming about this?

Old
11-18-2003, 08:07 PM
degroat*

I think that was more fan wishes than anything else.

Old
11-19-2003, 05:18 AM
execwrite

Cajanek was the centre for Tkachuk and Demitra for a couple of games when Mellanby was injured. Probably won't happen again, but it could.

If Jay McClement or Johnny Pohl is ready next season, that could be a great first line for the Blues.

Old
11-19-2003, 09:31 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Cajanek was the centre for Tkachuk and Demitra for a couple of games when Mellanby was injured. Probably won't happen again, but it could.

If Jay McClement or Johnny Pohl is ready next season, that could be a great first line for the Blues.

They had pretty good chemistry when they were together.

Old
11-19-2003, 03:34 PM
LA Blue

Send a message via AIM to LA Blue
I like that line as well, especially when you consider how out of gas it seemed like Scott Mellanby was come playoff time. Then again, Pavol had a lot injury troubles last time he played wing. Most importantly though this team needs to find an effective line with Weight. Drake has looked good, but he isn't exactly a "finisher" now is he? Keeping the faith with Boguniecki? Senja? Hereema?...or...*gasp* Mayers?

Matt

Closed Thread