HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You know what?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2003, 01:13 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
You know what?

I was just thinking with the CBA coming up next year in September, I couldn't help but think Comrie might not play for more than one season, which I wouldn't be disappointed in.

If we trade him, that's alright. But I wouldn't mind watching him rot till he's 30. In fact, I seriously wouldn't mind watching talent wasted. It is him that screwed up his own career. I hope the Edmonton Oilers and the rest of the 29 NHL teams start teaching it is a privilege to play in the best league in the world and not a right.

Players like Lindros and Comrie and other players like them are complaining about this and that. Shut up and play! You get paid in the millions, travel first class or in private jets, have someone to look after your equipment, and stay in first class hotels without any expenses. If I like many other peeople, started complaining, they'd fire us...not try to ship us off to another company.

I just don't understand why players complain about this and that...and yet when their salaries are grossly overexagerrated, they don't complain.
The NHL don't need players like this. They are not above the league. And no one ever should.

Just my two cents.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Oilhitch

I agree the players and their agents these days seem to forget that they get to play a game for a living. I would bet that every guy on this board would give their left nut to get paid to play hockey, I know I would. I do play hockey but I have to pay to play hockey. PLaying in the NHL should be a privilage. Just think of all the talent that is out there struggling in the minors, juniors, just for a shot to play in the NHL. Does the players view change once they make the show? ???? Maybe its the players agents filling the players heads with $$$$ figures.

When I think about the Comrie situation I cant help but think that Rich Winters was a HUGE influence on everything.

Old
11-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Mr Sakich

i would like to see the reaction on the next players' face when his agent tells him " we are going to play hard-ball with Lowe"

Old
11-19-2003, 02:56 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
i would like to see the reaction on the next players' face when his agent tells him " we are going to play hard-ball with Lowe"

You said it Thor. This entire 'fiasco' is setting the trend for future negotiations with the younger Oilers. Hemsky, Torres etc...

If Lowe was to cave in now, who knows what would happen in those negotiations? I'm liking how Lowe has handled everything so far.

Closed Thread