HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 1 8 ET (SP-SO) Wings @ Preds - So you're saying there is a chance ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
pekkaslap

vCash: 500
Regardless of whether it's suspension worthy, it's just stupid thing for the Captain of the team to do. Just unnecessary. I know it's the playoffs and it's not for the faint of heart anyway, but the game is over jack. Cool your jets.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesThrashersJets View Post
He was just saying, "Good game, Zets."

Old
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Zac Rinaldo this year, Curtis Glencross last year

Getting fined twice in 1 season has happened before. There is no rule that you speak of.
The word "rule" appears where in my post?

He was lucky to just get fined in October. This one is even more egregious. Either Shanny lets it go, or he sits 1-2 games ... there will be no middle ground.

EDIT: Rinaldo's two fines were for actions in ONE game. I see a difficulty in repeat offender status when there is no opportunity to receive supplemental discipline for the first act before committing the second offense.

Old
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
On the better camera angle it looks like Weber has his shoulder rather than his head on the second part of the hit... am I wrong? Live, it looked like head. Big difference IMO, especially since the first part was the result of Z ducking to make the contact lower. Probably have my homer glasses on but I've watched it several more times.
Even if it was his shoulder and not his head it's still a stupid move at any time, let alone the end of the game.

Old
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Weber will get a game at least. Pretty stupid. The punch is one thing. Emotion takes over. It happens in hockey. You can't grab someone's head like that, and throw it into the glass. Unacceptable, Shea.
Come on, yes you can. Ask Clarke, he'll tell you all about it!!!

Old
pekkaslap

Bertruzzi did punch Gaustad in the face at the end though.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Galveston*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I think a suspension is coming and deserved, however if you think I'm trying to justify anything not sure where you got that impression.
I wasn't referring to you specifically, but reading through some of the posts in this thread is quite comical.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The word "rule" appears where in my post?

He was lucky to just get fined in October. This one is even more egregious. Either Shanny lets it go, or he sits 1-2 games ... there will be no middle ground.
Weber can either get nothing, a fine, or a suspension. A fine is fully an option here.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
predwings

Red Wings fans, quit clawing for any advantage you can get. I heard numerous people complaining that the Red Wings were being treated unfairly and that the Preds should've had MORE penalties called. Please, your team was just as dirty as ours was, we just don't back down from your antics.

Z took a run at Weber, Weber took a swing and smash at him. No different than someone being dumped in front of the net and getting a few shots in before the refs break it up. The ONLY reason it's noteworthy is because it happened away from the play and the game was pretty much over at the time.

Honestly, people compare the Bobby Ryan incident last year. Different scenarios. First, Bobby Ryan didn't get boarded just before the play. He stomped without provocation. Weber retaliated. A much different thing than the former.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Weber with the "you puss" look at the end. Z had his hand up so it was face to hand to glass. Then he sells it like he almost got KO'd.

Dumb move by Weber regardless. I expect the hammer to drop on Shea and the Wings to be fired up for pay back in game two.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:32 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Weber can either get nothing, a fine, or a suspension. A fine is fully an option here.
A fine is as likely of an option as a bouquet of flowers and a box of candy.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:34 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Even if it was his shoulder and not his head it's still a stupid move at any time, let alone the end of the game.
Agree for sure. It does have the potential to make a difference on suspension though IMO. On first viewing, I thought suspension no doubt about it. Hand on shoulder instead of hand on head changes (or could) how you view intent and principle point of contact.

I'm not defending the play and won't.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:35 PM
klt2001

It looked to me that Zetterberg put a hit on Weber w/ his elbow while his head was down trying to go after the puck which is what pissed Weber off and he retaliated. Stupid and useless move by Weber w/ only a few seconds left in the game. He could have just pushed him back once and been done w/ it. He let his anger get the best of him. On a postive note, happy Preds won the 1st game!!!

Old
04-11-2012, 11:35 PM
tserberis*

Wings will lose badly next one. They got lucky with PP this time. Won't happen again!

Old
04-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Kcoyote3

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Interesting that the replay clearly shows Z boarding Weber just before the punch and "head slam". Weber was in the corner with his head down and Z took a run at him. Now that I've gotten a better chance at this...I'd make it a fine and no suspension.

Clearly Weber was pissed, but Z was making a run in the dying seconds of a game when the game was all but won. Z went in with the intent to hurt Weber and Weber retaliated with some hurting of his own.

In a physical game of this magnitude, tempers will flare. I'd drop a $10,000 fine on Weber and say "You do anything out of line again and it'll be a suspension"
Just saying, even though I wanted the Preds to win, insinuating that Z came in with and intent to injure Weber in the dying seconds is just plain dumb. He wanted the puck. Think about his thought patterns. In no way did "INJURE WEBER" appear in his head.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:41 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

This GDT is closed, take talk to the series thread.

Closed Thread