HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

a center and a defencemen

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Long Sky

vCash: 500
a center and a defencemen

With all the names being tossed about, i have two more guys who fill the spots most talked about. Fedorov and Foote from Columbus. Columbus is just about out of the play-off race, and may want younger players. Make your own suggestions, but would one of these guys fit in with the habs and at what cost? Comments.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'd say no. They've aged.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

overpaid. can't afford them, i don't imagine.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:22 PM
wholeshow*

foote seems interesting, even though he's old he would make our defense better. bring great experience and leadership for us in the playoffs.
no to federov, he's past his prime...
however a line of kovalev-federov-perezhogin does seem enticing.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

And I think that Federov still have one year left after this year...And Foote isn't playing really well this year and with his salary and price, we can say no...

Old
03-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Sky
With all the names being tossed about, i have two more guys who fill the spots most talked about. Fedorov and Foote from Columbus. Columbus is just about out of the play-off race, and may want younger players. Make your own suggestions, but would one of these guys fit in with the habs and at what cost? Comments.
Interesting on Fedorov. I can see him being Obtainible, not so sure about foote. If Gainey is in fact interested in Robert Lang, I could see him settle for Fedorov (Detroit won't part with Lang). I'm sure alot of ppl here are gonna say No for the same reason they said No to Selanne last season...He's struggling. Fedorov is definitely someone who could help us in the playoffs (god knows Ribs won't).

Old
03-05-2006, 03:27 PM
BLONG7

Federov is interesting, but it's the price tag that says no...

Old
03-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Federov is interesting, but it's the price tag that says no...
If we can get rid of Bonk + Ribs + Zednik (combined for $4.6?m) we'd definitely have the cap space. I don't mind overpaying him as long as he brings some scoring, which I know he still can produce (maybe not at the rate he could in his prime). Not to mention if we get rid of Zed, it allows Kost to play

Old
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I don't think Columbus can afford to deal Foote. It's a question of credibility. They made a big play for him by saying that they want him around to turn the franchise into a winner and all that.

Fedorov on the other hand might be gettable. It's not like Columbus gave up much to get him, and it's not like he's been very good this year. But he's expensive for another year, I think. Could be interesting to have him, though.

Pure speculation, but I wonder whether Detroit might be willing to part with Lang because they have a backdoor option to bring back Fedorov.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
Fedorov on the other hand might be gettable. It's not like Columbus gave up much to get him, and it's not like he's been very good this year. But he's expensive for another year, I think. Could be interesting to have him, though.
I think he's easily the best Option we've got center-wize. Jokinen, Richards, Lecavalier are not Availible, Arnason won't make us better. He might be expensive, but as I said if we can get rid of those 3 players (Ribs, Bonk, Zednik) we could easily afford him. On top of that we could sign a Dman in the off-season. Imagine;

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Perez - Federov - Kovalev
Bulis - Pleks - Kost
Downey - Begin - Murray

hmmm.

Closed Thread