HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCQF - #4 Nashville Predators 4 vs #5 Detroit Red Wings 1

Old
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV50 View Post
So you'd be fine with guys slamming other guys' faces in the glass all season long?
lol not saying that... just dont feel a suspension is warranted considering the situation and history.. but we'll see

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:15 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

I really thought that Legwand played well tonight. I'm really looking forward to that OMG WTF Legwand goal that is absolutely is going to happen.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:15 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Have to play better if we expect to win the series. PP was totally out of sync.

Thankfully we got some bounces and Detroit didn't play all that great either.

Both Weber and Suter with boneheaded plays at the end of the game.

If Weber is suspended (I hope not more than one game), we still have a chance. I think this team could use a little adversity and underdog mentality.

Klien-- of course on the ice for both goals against-- served a big part of the first goal against. Over the last 3 playoff years, I wonder what percentage of goals against Klien has been on the ice for? Would be really interested to know and expect it to be very high. He had some good plays, but offsets them time and time again.

Erat-Fisher-SK-- why do we keep forcing this? It was good at one point, but hasn't worked for the past 15 games. Change it up all already!

Spaling and Bourque looked great. Legwand had some pep.
It were PP goals? What do you have against Klien? Wasn't his fault... He didn't take penalty since October.

First goal Hillen puts in on Z stick.
Second bad rebound by Rinne and while on PK obviusly not everybody covered.

Get real!

How many shifts Fisher line got together tonight with all penalties?

Did you watch the game?
They played against Dats like. Trotz was matching them against Dats line. He wants them to play D first and then some maybe...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

On a positive note..

RUN THIS TOWN!!!!

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:21 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
It were PP goals? What do you have against Klien? .
To start, in the playoffs the last 3 years he has been on the ice for a big percentage of goals against.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Mike Modano said Weber should get a couple of games.

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post

My bad it was bertuzzi who punched Gaustad. Typical Bert.

Mike Modano should be enjoying his retirement instead of commentating on hockey

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:34 PM
braindead

Modano and the other guy (is that Billy Jaffey?) just backed off on that and now say suspension not likely after watching it more. Noted, as Trotz did, that Z looked like he got the first head shot in.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:36 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Modano and the other guy (is that Billy Jaffey?) just backed off on that and now say suspension not likely after watching it more. Noted, as Trotz did, that Z looked like he got the first head shot in.
Yeah...it looked worse when looking at it live. When you look at all the elements of the play, not as bad as it has been portrayed. STILL, I do not condone what Shea did. He is the captain of our team, he has to play smart. Though I do love his "don't ******* with us attitude"

Old
04-11-2012, 11:40 PM
braindead

Quote:
Yeah...it looked worse when looking at it live. When you look at all the elements of the play, not as bad as it has been portrayed. STILL, I do not condone what Shea did. He is the captain of our team, he has to play smart. Though I do love his "don't ******* with us attitude"
Agree, agree and agree.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Agree, agree and agree.
Yeah, like it said: "if you are going to take a penalty, make it count"

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
I really thought that Legwand played well tonight. I'm really looking forward to that OMG WTF Legwand goal that is absolutely is going to happen.
Couldn't agree more. Leggy was fantastic and used his body like I've never seen him do. If he played that way all the time he'd get Selke nomination.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Who the hell asked that bag of bones for his opinion? Shocking that a guy from Michigan feels that way. He should just go hand out with his one hit wonder wife and stick to running failed restaurants like "Hully and Mo's"/

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Agreed. If he gets suspended 1 game I can't complain. If he doesn't get anything I think we are fortunate.

Since when did the Wings become such a damn dirty team. You would have thought we were playing Anaheim in the Wings jerseys. Holmstrom,Bertuzzi and Zetterberg all deserved to take a beating tonight for their antics and they should officially change their names to the Detroit Red Floppers. I was legit embarrassed watching them flop all over the place. Then Hudler finally gets called on it and Josi gets a penalty for just barely touching him. Erat gets a penalty for being interfered with by Zetterberg. Reffing was awful tonight. I know their was at least one Detroit penalty that wasn't legit as well so it was both ways. Preds were still not disciplined and it bit them twice. Playoffs are a different beast. You have to play with emotion and physicality but you can't cross that line and we crossed it tonight.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Who the hell asked that bag of bones for his opinion? Shocking that a guy from Michigan feels that way. He should just go hand out with his one hit wonder wife and stick to running failed restaurants like "Hully and Mo's"/
IDK, some hot blonde on NHL network.

Old
04-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Kcoyote3

vCash: 148
Was Bettman really in attendance? Was that the reason for all the calls?

Kcoyote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:01 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcoyote3 View Post
Was Bettman really in attendance? Was that the reason for all the calls?
he was in attendance..

dont know if affected the calls.. but could have. referees could have been "up tight" with boss watching ..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:13 AM
braindead

Preds still have substantial room for improvement over this game and I'd expect better on Friday.

PP setup, face-offs, control of tempo should improve.

Sunday is the key game to me... short rest day and series starting to take it's toll. Younger legs and more depth should be useful. Now I'll go back to obsessing over Friday.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Hope it's only a fine. This would change the landscape of the series. 1 game suspension? Sucks! 2 Gamer? Complete BS. I wanna see you guys send them golfing this time, we've done it twice in a row and you've been eliminated by Detroit enough after putting up fights. Hope it's your turn to send these guys packing.

I got a pretty big list of divers, but Zetterberg hasn't really made the list of people who dive and embellish often but I do think he was smart enough to realize and seize the moment as a time to act a bit. It was a stupid move by Weber but it was in the heat of the moment and not an intent to injure Zetterberg...

"YEAH 6 SECONDS, LEFT SAY IT. SAY YOU QUIT Z" BAH GAWD folks will he give in? Does he have the fight will left to fight?!!

As a Hockey fan I'll be pissed if Weber misses any time.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Agreed. If he gets suspended 1 game I can't complain. If he doesn't get anything I think we are fortunate.

Since when did the Wings become such a damn dirty team. You would have thought we were playing Anaheim in the Wings jerseys. Holmstrom,Bertuzzi and Zetterberg all deserved to take a beating tonight for their antics and they should officially change their names to the Detroit Red Floppers. I was legit embarrassed watching them flop all over the place. Then Hudler finally gets called on it and Josi gets a penalty for just barely touching him. Erat gets a penalty for being interfered with by Zetterberg. Reffing was awful tonight. I know their was at least one Detroit penalty that wasn't legit as well so it was both ways. Preds were still not disciplined and it bit them twice. Playoffs are a different beast. You have to play with emotion and physicality but you can't cross that line and we crossed it tonight.
Haha yeah you know what's funny though Detroit and Babcock are like the first to call people floppers. Last few series it was OMG SAN HOZAY IZ DIVIN TIN FOIL HATZ EVERYWUN.

Sometimes they're right when they call certain floppers out like Dustin Brown but they sure doing plenty of acting themselves eh? Nothing is like Vancouver's dive squad but this crap doesn't belong in the game.

If you guys are fortunate enough to go 3-0 and have a chance to sweep 'em at the Joe beware they are gonna football tackle you on draws and other plays that would normally be interference 99% of the time but will get away with it

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 02:30 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
It were PP goals? What do you have against Klien? Wasn't his fault... He didn't take penalty since October.

First goal Hillen puts in on Z stick.
Second bad rebound by Rinne and while on PK obviusly not everybody covered.

Get real!

How many shifts Fisher line got together tonight with all penalties?

Did you watch the game?
They played against Dats like. Trotz was matching them against Dats line. He wants them to play D first and then some maybe...
I thought Klein played a solid game. I think he did more to to prevent goals than cause them...

The first goal, Hillen tried to clear it between Klein's legs...just happened to be onto Zetterberg's stick.

Second goal, Detroit's on the bum rush, and there are too many guys to pick up. Not much Klein could do with 3 Wings to defend, a bad rebound by Rinne, and the forwards behind the crashing Wings.

And yeah...Fisher line seems to be D first...same sort of gameplan as last year against Vancouver. Fisher's line plays D against the top O line...Legwand's line plays a little more two way against the lesser lines, and the bottom lines fight all out. Difference between last year and this year is the depth of our bottom lines. We can employ that strategy effectively.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 02:33 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Leggy was fantastic and used his body like I've never seen him do. If he played that way all the time he'd get Selke nomination.
Leggy actually plays pretty well in the playoffs. I was pleased with his intensity. You're right...he needs to use his body like that more often. He was hard to knock off his feet tonight.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:57 AM
glenngineer

I think what gets missed at the end with the Z hit on Weber is if it were a smaller weaker guy that's a boarding call on Z. That's why Weber was ticked. I think the Z hit needs to be reviewed to see why Weber reacted the way he did. That is not standard fare by him by any means so something must have provoked him and it was the hit. Before Weber retaliated I was ticked because that is boarding if you look at the hit. Weber is facing the boards and Z checks him straight in to the glass. The reason he doesn't go flying is his size and he knew he'd be hit. No different than any other boarding call that they're big on calling these days.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:07 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Dumb move. Let the excitement get the best of him. He'll get a game. Oh well, thank Jeebus we're up in the series.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:50 AM
iceman536
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
lol not saying that... just dont feel a suspension is warranted considering the situation and history.. but we'll see
How do you see the situation? I've watch a lot of hockey over the years and have never seen a player grab another player's head and slam it into the glass. It was a deliberate attempt to injure, and regardless of the extent of the injury inflicted it deserves a lengthy suspension. You just can't do that. The excuses people are making are laughable. Zetterberg hit Weber first (irrelevant); Bertuzzi landed a shot on Paul Gaustad (per Trotz - this is even more irrelevant).

There is no question Weber is a great player, but he isn't worthy of any respect for such a gutless move. What kind of player is he that he could just snap like that and try to seriously injure another player? And Trotz's comments are ridiculous. I also lost respect for him, who I think (thought) was a great coach. He should shut his pie hole.

Weber will get a one game suspension, showing that Shanahan is just as big of a puss as Weber. Shanahan is already on record as saying the playoffs are different than the regular season. He's a moron, and the NHL will remain a second rate league as long as the league continues treating the playoffs as "different" from the regular season.

iceman536 is offline   Reply With Quote