HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 1: #2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals [7:30 PM - NBCSN]

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 10:58 AM
CaptainKonoForever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Nah...I don't miss those teams very much. Outside of 97-98 all we did was use the "center-lock" (ie the TRAP) and lulled opponents to sleep...sorta like we are doing now.

I miss the brash team under Boudreau with the Donald on the team acting as a major deterrant. We were dominant despite having a woeful D group as a whole.

Really in 09-10 we were the best team in the league and if we didn't get Halaked we would have won the cup there is no doubt. We were just a relentless team that came in offensive waves. It was a pretty intimidating team in all honesty.
I enjoyed that team as well but I've always enjoyed strong defensive hockey over offense (I know, I'm weird and would be a terrible person to put in a marketing position). But I always enjoyed the line of Kono-Halpern-Dahlen, cycling other lines until they were dizzy.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:00 AM
bonzilla

Written in stone baby!

Old
04-12-2012, 11:00 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
I enjoyed that team as well but I've always enjoyed strong defensive hockey over offense (I know, I'm weird and would be a terrible person to put in a marketing position). But I always enjoyed the line of Kono-Halpern-Dahlen, cycling other lines until they were dizzy.
I loved that line. I loved Simon-Hunter-Berube even more.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Snipeshow

Pressure is off. Caps in 6, Semin with 5g 8p

Old
04-12-2012, 11:05 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

NBC Sports Network games get blacked out in the Boston area in favor of the local NESN broadcast, with all it's Jack Edwards glory.

May God have mercy on my soul.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:05 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
I definitely agree about cycling and that line in particular. And the Simon/Hunter/Berube line was great. Dino/Ridley/Miller was outstanding at that too.

But I don't enjoy the trapping style of play. You can still play strong defense and cycle in the offensive zone without the trap. I HATE the trap!!!

Schoenfeld used it, Wilson (mostly) used it, Cassidy eventually used it, Hanlon eventually used it, BB eventually used it and DH is using it. There have only been a few years after the Murray Bros that we haven't done so and I miss BB b/c of that.

This is junk hockey. Ken Hitchcock is a junk coach. Remember what Fedorov said when he came here..he praised BB for letting the players play hockey "as it should be played"

Old
04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
CapsCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
Of course this is what you would want. I'd prefer the Caps win, myself, but appreciate the sentiment behind your words.

Good Luck to you.
I laughed hard when I read this, good stuff!!

Old
04-12-2012, 11:17 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
I hope we somehow target Corvo. If Ovi scores tonight, I am calling it, a minus for Oh No. Demoralize their entire fan base with one goal. I wonder how much Dale is going to restrict Ovi's TOI if at all, to not give Boston their preferred matchup via Lurch.

I would like to see Ovi double shifted over Coin and get him some time with MP and of course to keep CHSB happy. Who posted on the Bs board we will be swept because we had MP on 4 in practice.

Ovi MP Ward - I like it.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:20 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I would like to see Ovi double shifted over Coin and get him some time with MP and of course to keep CHSB happy. Who posted on the Bs board we will be swept because we had MP on 4 in practice.
Me too. The more he plays the better he plays. Having him on the 1st and 4th lines is a great idea actually.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I just rearranged my whole work week to watch this. I'll be watching in a Rangers bar. They better ****ing show up.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Me too. The more he plays the better he plays. Having him on the 1st and 4th lines is a great idea actually.
You know that 4th line is making more and more sense. Since when was coin a LW anyways?

He is a middie dammit!

I know he didnt do dick all year, but somewhere in the long boring regular season, I wanted to see Ward at 1RW. Hell Knuble has been plowing up and down RW for years. Wardneed not audition here to get a chance, I think a guys resume speaks for itself this far into their career. We signed him already.

Ward is here to score playoff goals. Why not give him MP and Ovi for a few shifts?

Old
04-12-2012, 11:28 AM
bonzilla

Quote:
I hope we somehow target Corvo. If Ovi scores tonight, I am calling it, a minus for Oh No. Demoralize their entire fan base with one goal. I wonder how much Dale is going to restrict Ovi's TOI if at all, to not give Boston their preferred matchup via Lurch.

Ovi MP Ward - I like it.
That was inspiring RH!

GM's post breakdown day conference with Ted.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

Lurch looks like chara...

Old
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I just rearranged my whole work week to watch this. I'll be watching in a Rangers bar. They better ****ing show up.
Gunna be sportin' the 55?

Old
04-12-2012, 11:31 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzilla View Post
Gunna be sportin' the 55?
Can't choose between 55 and 68.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
I vote for 28.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
NBC Sports Network games get blacked out in the Boston area in favor of the local NESN broadcast, with all it's Jack Edwards glory.

May God have mercy on my soul.

OH!! CHARA JUST SPEARED "THE GREAT 8" IN THE FACE WITH A MARVELOUS SHOT LIKE THE POWER OF ZEUS!

******* I'm glad I no longer live in New England.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
You know that 4th line is making more and more sense. Since when was coin a LW anyways?

He is a middie dammit!

I know he didnt do dick all year, but somewhere in the long boring regular season, I wanted to see Ward at 1RW. Hell Knuble has been plowing up and down RW for years. Wardneed not audition here to get a chance, I think a guys resume speaks for itself this far into their career. We signed him already.

Ward is here to score playoff goals. Why not give him MP and Ovi for a few shifts?
Also if Ovechkin is double shifting and plays 25 mins then Chara (who plays 25 mins anyhow) must be out there the whole time. If the Bs get PPs then maybe they have to rest Chara a bit more and to me he is there biggest threat from the point on the PP.

If our goal is to wear Chara down then why not get #8 out there as much as possible? Also he may get more favorable forward matchups

Old
04-12-2012, 11:34 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I vote for 28.
I had to return that one. I paid for the authentic, but it didn't have a fight strap.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

I believe in Braden.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Show some real stones and sport a Potvin 5...

Old
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
"Maybe there's gonna be more surprises than you think it's gonna be,"

Old
04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Also if Ovechkin is double shifting and plays 25 mins then Chara (who plays 25 mins anyhow) must be out there the whole time. If the Bs get PPs then maybe they have to rest Chara a bit more and to me he is there biggest threat from the point on the PP.

If our goal is to wear Chara down then why not get #8 out there as much as possible? Also he may get more favorable forward matchups
I am not sure we can wear down Lurch. Just more disrupt what Boston wants to do. If we are doubling Ovi, are they going to be yanking their LD every time to get Lurch out? Or, if Dale turtles, Boston will continue to use Lurch. If you don't see Ovi for some time, Dale could be exploiting our 2 on their 2nd or 3rd pair. Or forcing Lurch out and when he steps off, here comes Ovi.

Playoff hockey can be one huge chess match, where coaches can out coach themselves... Dale is a noob and will probably take his lumps, especially on the road / last change, but with our horses, even a blind squirrel can find a nut. It looks to me we will be rolling basically 3 scoring lines assuming Ward is the Ward we thought he would be. I expect him to hit, by the way.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
NeilYoung

Consider yourself lucky everyone I have to watch this one on CBC's website

Cbc can **** itself buys the rights to two series with the same schedule and the Caps series got the short end of the stick. ****ing stupid soon enough CBC won't be able to afford the rights to NHL games and it can't come soon enough

Old
04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Pressure is off. Caps in 6, Semin with 5g 8p
I don't think pressure is off, 7-spot or no. Pressure is on to win. The EC Finals were the minimum goal this season. Just because they underachieved doesn't change that.

They lose this series the team gets blown up I think. Although honestly whether that puts any pressure on the players or mgmt is up for debate. Mgmt has been satisfied with failure and mediocrity for a while.

Injuries aren't an excuse, not when teams like Pitt have been hit hard and still did well.

Closed Thread