HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCQF - #4 Nashville Predators 4 vs #5 Detroit Red Wings 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2012, 10:50 AM
  #301
pekkaslap
Registered User
 
pekkaslap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=AtlantaWhaler;47816135]I hope you have a case of that 5 hour energy crap. It's going to get busy

For what it's worth, Cooper stated that a suspension is seeming unlikely.[/QUOTE]

If true, the ******** will be massive.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
  #302
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Watching it again Z did slash Weber, it's not as if he wasn't provoked, not defending what Weber did by saying this however.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
  #303
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
"zetterberg is a sissy" will be chanted the whole game friday !!

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
  #304
mitch27
Registered User
 
mitch27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
I didn't know where else to put this but can someone tell me what the fans kept chanting? I heard "you suck" or "red wings suck" but there sounded like there was more after it.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:13 AM
  #305
ares89
Registered User
 
ares89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Helm is not coming back
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=8481

ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
  #306
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I didn't know where else to put this but can someone tell me what the fans kept chanting? I heard "you suck" or "red wings suck" but there sounded like there was more after it.
After every goal
HOWARD, HOWARD, HOWARD, YOU SUCK! followed by, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

And you def heard a Red Wings Suck chant haha

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:18 AM
  #307
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman536 View Post
I guess the NHL needs a new rule. If you feel you're a victim of a cheap shot you should get a freebie retaliation. They could grade the infraction by severity. A "1" allows you to spear the guy; a "2" allows you one two-handed baseball swing at the midsection of the offender; a "3" allows you to slam the guy's head into the boards.

Most likely Weber will not get suspended, and the best resolution would be settling it the old school way with one of the Wings giving Weber a face full of knuckles.
How are any of your "new rules" any different from dropping the gloves. So it's perfectly fine to clock someone in the head "old school". But horrid to slam their head into the glass????

Z checked Weber into the boards. Weber retaliated. And Z turtled. If he had a Canucks jersey on, I would swear his name was Burrows. If you are going to cheap shot Weber, you have to accept the consequences. Ultimately, both made poor decisions. But Z has to accept that he wasn't blameless in the incident.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM
  #308
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares89 View Post
Sucks for Helm and the Wings. Wonder how it came about?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
  #309
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Sucks for Helm and the Wings. Wonder how it came about?
Radulov's skate

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
  #310
mitch27
Registered User
 
mitch27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
After every goal
HOWARD, HOWARD, HOWARD, YOU SUCK! followed by, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

And you def heard a Red Wings Suck chant haha
Haha that's awesome. But I'm talking at the end of the game. It was the chorus of this song that the fans would do you suck and then I heard more after the chorus I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:23 AM
  #311
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
Rads claims a another playoff victim.

Bad news guys, chet pickard is on the ice!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
  #312
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Radulov's skate
Ouch, yeah that'll do it.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:26 AM
  #313
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Sucks for Helm and the Wings. Wonder how it came about?
Rads skate inadvertently sliced his forearm toward the end of the 1st. Injuries are part of the playoffs. We were without our best PKer and 2nd pair D-man last night. Guess the Wings should have added another 3rd line center at the trade deadline. It's called depth. And that is a reason why prognosticators are saying we can make deep run in this year.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:26 AM
  #314
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Rads claims a another playoff victim.
Least it wasn't one of our own this time.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
  #315
sighthndlady
Registered User
 
sighthndlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Haha that's awesome. But I'm talking at the end of the game. It was the chorus of this song that the fans would do you suck and then I heard more after the chorus I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY
We have a goal song, country tune with Preds words:

"I like it, I love it, I want some more of it
Don't know what it is 'bout them Predators scoring
But I like, I love, I want some more of it"

Then "You suck" (or "Wings suck") x 3, followed by "We're gonna beat the he** out of you" and either "it's true, it's true, it's what we do" or "and you, and you, and you and you" - most of the crowd does the latter because they've never learned the other version.

At the end of the game, it's "we just beat the he** out of you" with "and you, and you and you and you" or "it's true, it's true, it's what we do."

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
  #316
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Haha that's awesome. But I'm talking at the end of the game. It was the chorus of this song that the fans would do you suck and then I heard more after the chorus I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY
When Rock n Roll II plays the chant is "Hey! You suck! Hey! You suck! Hey! You suck! We're gonna beat the hell outta you! It's true! It's true! It's what we're gonna do!"

Some people replace the "it's true" part with "And you! And you! And you and you and you!"

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
  #317
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Haha that's awesome. But I'm talking at the end of the game. It was the chorus of this song that the fans would do you suck and then I heard more after the chorus I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY
Hey you suck, Hey you suck, Hey you suck, Were gonna beat the hell out of you, you, you, you, you, you. (A you for everyone on the ice including oppositions goalie)

At the end of the game (when we win) we change it to, "We just beat the hell out of you, you, etc..

Technically 303 says the chant is supposed to be "Were gonna beat the hell out of you, its true, its true, its what were gonna do. But only 303 says that and I find that cheesy.VERY CHEESY. Everyone I know does it the way I mentioned, and it sounds like from being at the games most of the arena does as well.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:38 AM
  #318
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon
 
PredaDORES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Rads claims a another playoff victim.

Bad news guys, chet pickard is on the ice!
I don't think you should read into that too much. He's just in Nashville to take some of the workload off of Pekka in practice. Lindback appears to be fine. Pickard won't dress for a game. We would use Smith as a backup before Pickard.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  #319
mitch27
Registered User
 
mitch27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
We have a goal song, country tune with Preds words:

"I like it, I love it, I want some more of it
Don't know what it is 'bout them Predators scoring
But I like, I love, I want some more of it"

Then "You suck" (or "Wings suck") x 3, followed by "We're gonna beat the he** out of you" and either "it's true, it's true, it's what we do" or "and you, and you, and you and you" - most of the crowd does the latter because they've never learned the other version.

At the end of the game, it's "we just beat the he** out of you" with "and you, and you and you and you" or "it's true, it's true, it's what we do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
When Rock n Roll II plays the chant is "Hey! You suck! Hey! You suck! Hey! You suck! We're gonna beat the hell outta you! It's true! It's true! It's what we're gonna do!"

Some people replace the "it's true" part with "And you! And you! And you and you and you!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Hey you suck, Hey you suck, Hey you suck, Were gonna beat the hell out of you, you, you, you, you, you. (A you for everyone on the ice including oppositions goalie)

At the end of the game (when we win) we change it to, "We just beat the hell out of you, you, etc..

Technically 303 says the chant is supposed to be "Were gonna beat the hell out of you, its true, its true, its what were gonna do. But only 303 says that and I find that cheesy.VERY CHEESY. Everyone I know does it the way I mentioned, and it sounds like from being at the games most of the arena does as well.
I officially love Preds fans. Amazing. Got my new bandwagon team if (heaven forbid) my Yotes get knocked out!

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  #320
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Hey you suck, Hey you suck, Hey you suck, Were gonna beat the hell out of you, you, you, you, you, you. (A you for everyone on the ice including oppositions goalie)

At the end of the game (when we win) we change it to, "We just beat the hell out of you, you, etc..

Technically 303 says the chant is supposed to be "Were gonna beat the hell out of you, its true, its true, its what were gonna do. But only 303 says that and I find that cheesy.VERY CHEESY. Everyone I know does it the way I mentioned, and it sounds like from being at the games most of the arena does as well.

I prefer the 303 version. Saying You, You, You, You, You sounds stupid, I don't think people like it better that way it's just that they're drunk and that's all they can manage to slur out

I accept either one, as long as people participate and don't sit on their hands.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
  #321
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Maybe we could chant:

"Zetterberg....Zetterberg.....does the glass look clean to you?"

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
  #322
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I prefer the 303 version. Saying You, You, You, You, You sounds stupid, I don't think people like it better that way it's just that they're drunk and that's all they can manage to slur out

I accept either one, as long as people participate and don't sit on their hands.
I 100 percent disagree with you.

But i also agree at the point that as long as ppl arent sitting and being quiet who cares

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
  #323
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
New Facebook timeline cover...


Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
  #324
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=627504

No suspension.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
  #325
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I agree from a Preds perspective, probably wouldn't from a neutral point of view, and I'd be screaming bloody murder if I were a Wings fan.

Either way, Preds advantage

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.