HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Reilly to the worlds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2012, 11:12 PM
  #26
Cypher
#GenieArmy
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
According to TSN, Tavares won't be on the team but they already have Hall-Eberle-Nugent-Hopkins & Seguin penciled in
Um... what?

TSN does say Tavares will be there. And Hall won't be there due to injury... and Seguin is on Boston, so....

What TSN are you reading?

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
  #27
Avalanche
@imlouied
 
Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cornwall
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Um... what?

TSN does say Tavares will be there. And Hall won't be there due to injury... and Seguin is on Boston, so....

What TSN are you reading?
Think they're talking about Sochi 2014

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:23 AM
  #28
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,995
vCash: 50
Landeskog (Hedman, Enroth, Eriksson and Omark) ready for Team Sweden.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:34 AM
  #29
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,500
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Landeskog (Hedman, Enroth, Eriksson and Omark) ready for Team Sweden.
I hope Landeskog does well but it might be tough. Sweden needs the Canucks, Wings, Caps, and Sens to get eliminated early because right now it seems like Landeskog and Eriksson are the only good forwards on that team.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:18 AM
  #30
benzino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estocolmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I hope Landeskog does well but it might be tough. Sweden needs the Canucks, Wings, Caps, and Sens to get eliminated early because right now it seems like Landeskog and Eriksson are the only good forwards on that team.
The Canucks and Wings players won't join anyway, they will come up with the same old excuses as always "I'm tired" "Spend time with family" bla bla. Bäckström just returned from a concussion so doubt he would show up. Lundqvist probably would say no too. Sadly the Swedish players don't have the same pride as Canadian and Russian players when it comes to World Championships.

Those I think might say yes if their teams get knocked out

Patrik Hörnqvist
Viktor Stålberg
Erik Karlsson
Marcus Johansson
Carl Hagelin
Patrik Berglund
Oliver Ekman Larsson
Marcus Krüger
Adam Larsson
Mika Zibanejad if Sweden want him

benzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
  #31
Spinkis
Registered User
 
Spinkis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
. Sadly the Swedish players don't have the same pride as Canadian and Russian players when it comes to World Championships.
Eh? Isn't it usually the other way around?

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
  #32
benzino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estocolmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
Eh? Isn't it usually the other way around?

I think Canada and Russia the last couple of years have been able to get most of the players they want to play in the World Championships to say yes. Russia often prefer KHL players that are used to big rinks but they also spice the team up with guys like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin when they can pick them. Most of the better Canadian players usually go deep in the Stanley Cup playoffs so they end up trying younger players. This year Canada got some veteran stars though like Getzlaf and Perry because Anaheim stunk this season.

benzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:15 AM
  #33
outoftune
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 1000 Chopper Circle
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
In this topic you have to remember that the worlds is generally lots of young players who are brought out (for canada at least) I think alot of the seniors realise the need for the offseason and dont put it as high on the priority list...............

And secondly for the Olympics dont need to necessarily think of it as centermen, since the over abundance of great canadian centermen dont be surprised to have alot of centers making the team and playing the wings

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
  #34
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,019
vCash: 50
It's official

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
  #35
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
I think Canada and Russia the last couple of years have been able to get most of the players they want to play in the World Championships to say yes. Russia often prefer KHL players that are used to big rinks but they also spice the team up with guys like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin when they can pick them. Most of the better Canadian players usually go deep in the Stanley Cup playoffs so they end up trying younger players. This year Canada got some veteran stars though like Getzlaf and Perry because Anaheim stunk this season.
Russia does, but Canada doesn't.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.