HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

if i was gainey

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Zeddy

vCash: 500
if i was gainey

I would trade for Arnott, Parrish or Selanne, Bell, Lapointe as fowards.

As of dmen i would try to land one of Gonchar,Morris or Mara and one of Gauthier, Salei, Carney or Gauthier.

This is my opinion!

I really dont know what we would have to deal but those are players that would be a good fit in MTL.

Old
03-05-2006, 07:01 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I don't know why, but I really want Jordan Leopold. This guy is young, sound defensively and he's a good puck mover. The Flames need scoring IMO, we should make an offer for him, he could really make us a better team.

Old
03-05-2006, 07:19 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy

As of dmen i would try to land one of Gonchar,Morris or Mara and one of Gauthier, Salei, Carney or Gauthier.

This is my opinion!

I really dont know what we would have to deal but those are players that would be a good fit in MTL.
I would go for Selanne, Mara or maybe Morris. I don't like the other players.

Lapointe -don't think Habs have room for a player like him. The last player on your list I want to see as a Hab.

I don't car much for Bell either. I know a lot of people have been hyping him recently but I just don't. I think he is beign overrated. Let him be in Chicago.

Morris is kind of a gamble. He has been on the move since he left Calgary and hasn't been the same. I still like him.

Mara would definitly be the best addition to the team. Not sure Habs have(want to give up) what it takes to get him, however.

Old
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
I don't know why, but I really want Jordan Leopold. This guy is young, sound defensively and he's a good puck mover. The Flames need scoring IMO, we should make an offer for him, he could really make us a better team.
Do you think they could be interested in a guy like Ribs?
Not much of a Langkow observer but Ribs might be a nice set up guy for Iggy. (Although I must agree Ribs is not really a stereotypical Flames/Sutter type of player, so that might not work).

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Old
03-05-2006, 07:43 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
Do you think they could be interested in a guy like Ribs?
Not much of a Langkow observer but Ribs might be a nice set up guy for Iggy. (Although I must agree Ribs is not really a stereotypical Flames/Sutter type of player, so that might not work).

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it.
I was thinking that a good fit for Ribs would be Washington. I think Eminger would be out of the question though.

Old
03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
I think you're right. He's really the kind of guy we need. For a defenseman, what's better than to be effective defensively?? he would certainly help us. Also, he's a quite young player, so that adds to his value. I think he's the perfect player for the Habs.

the question is: what kind of player are they looking for that we may have to give??

Old
03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Drakkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby
I think you're right. He's really the kind of guy we need. For a defenseman, what's better than to be effective defensively?? he would certainly help us. Also, he's a quite young player, so that adds to his value. I think he's the perfect player for the Habs.

the question is: what kind of player are they looking for that we may have to give??
I'm sure several teams want him though, so it's going to be hard to land him. However, he's in the Western Conference, so that helps us.

Old
03-05-2006, 10:40 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby

He would be very very pricey as they expect him to break out soon

Old
03-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
He would be very very pricey as they expect him to break out soon

Its tough to get a read on Leopold. He is a good defenseman, but his offensive skills just haven't translated to points. I don't know what teams would be willing to give up for him. He isn't putting up points but is good defensively and has potential offensively. Then again the flames have these type of guys, and need offense.

I would personally love him in Montreal, but Calgary likely wants a centre, and Ribs might not fit in well there. Although it might work cause he'd be insulated in Calgarys style, and his playoff might not be what Calgary is seeking considering they are a contender. Then there is Plekanec who is still a few years aways from being a legit top 6 forward.

Ribeiro+for Leopold is the only logical possibility, but that is even if Calgary would want this headache.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:21 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Its tough to get a read on Leopold. He is a good defenseman, but his offensive skills just haven't translated to points. I don't know what teams would be willing to give up for him. He isn't putting up points but is good defensively and has potential offensively. Then again the flames have these type of guys, and need offense.

I would personally love him in Montreal, but Calgary likely wants a centre, and Ribs might not fit in well there. Although it might work cause he'd be insulated in Calgarys style, and his playoff might not be what Calgary is seeking considering they are a contender. Then there is Plekanec who is still a few years aways from being a legit top 6 forward.

Ribeiro+for Leopold is the only logical possibility, but that is even if Calgary would want this headache.
i am also high on Leopold and Mara . I doubt that Ribeiro is the kind of players they want in return of Leopold. Ryder or Zednik + something is already more realistic . Also , there was a rumour few days ago that the Flames were looking for Kovalev , if they were not able to get Jokinen . I don't know what they could give for him , but Leopold could be a part of it .

Old
03-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i am also high on Leopold and Mara . I doubt that Ribeiro is the kind of players they want in return of Leopold. Ryder or Zednik + something is already more realistic . Also , there was a rumour few days ago that the Flames were looking for Kovalev , if they were not able to get Jokinen . I don't know what they could give for him , but Leopold could be a part of it .
I don't know where Ryder would fit in with Calgary. Zednik would be a decent low budget pickup, but it would definitely depend on the + part. If its Higgins, or Chipchura, no way. I'd be willing to shop Perezhogin or Plekanec if it means getting Leopold. I just think Calgary needs a centre, and thus why it will be tough to trade with them considering Ribeiro is only candidate, and well like you said, Ribeiro likely isn't a fit. Maybe Pleks plus Zednik. Gives Calgary some depth and potential, plus a playoff player.

I know lots would hate to see Plekanec go, but i'd be happy with Koivu and Ribeiro, if it means a big upgrade on defense with Leopold.

Old
03-05-2006, 11:31 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

This is my opinion!

mistake ; say ''i would try to trade '' , not '' i would trade ''

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 03-05-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old
03-05-2006, 11:37 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I don't know where Ryder would fit in with Calgary. Zednik would be a decent low budget pickup, but it would definitely depend on the + part. If its Higgins, or Chipchura, no way. I'd be willing to shop Perezhogin or Plekanec if it means getting Leopold. I just think Calgary needs a centre, and thus why it will be tough to trade with them considering Ribeiro is only candidate, and well like you said, Ribeiro likely isn't a fit. Maybe Pleks plus Zednik. Gives Calgary some depth and potential, plus a playoff player.

I know lots would hate to see Plekanec go, but i'd be happy with Koivu and Ribeiro, if it means a big upgrade on defense with Leopold.
2 days ago , there was this rumour about Leopold ( from hockey Leaks ) ;'' A good source has a deal in the workds that would send Savard to Calgary in exchange for Leopold. There are other picks and players involved, but the deal is on the table ''

Leopold has a lot of value .

I agree about dealing Pleky for him , but not Perezhogin . I also agree about getting Saku -Ribeiro as first centers , if we could add a Leopold .

Old
03-05-2006, 11:38 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:

This is my opinion!

and if you were the other GM what would you ask to get in return uhh ??

Closed Thread