HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings Video Interviews, Fan Vids, Highlights - 2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Mindcircus

vCash: 500
I don't know if you can telegraph an elbow any earlier...

Old
04-12-2012, 01:13 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/11/12 Highlights vs. Vancouver

Richards fools Luongo

Mike Richards scores 5 hole on Luongo in the first period of game 1 on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Quick robs Burrows

Jonathan Quick sprawls out to rob Alex Burrows in the second period of game 1 on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Quick stops the wrap around

Jonathan Quick makes a spectacular save on a wrap around chance by Ryan Kessler in the second period of game 1 on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Willie Mitchell from the point

Willie Mitchell scores a go ahead goal from the point in the second period of game 1 on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Penner scores the game winner

Dustin Penner puts a puck off Jeff Carters skate in the back of the net to score the game winner in the third period of game 1 on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Richards Lowers the Boom

Mike Richards levels Burrows in the final minute of the third period of game 1 on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-12-2012, 01:30 AM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
i would love to see someone fight him next game to send a message. what a classless, unnecessary ditbag hit. i hope Clifford isnt too banged up

Old
04-12-2012, 02:09 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
And the man at the back said along the Byron attack
And it turned into a Byron Blitz
And the girl in the corner said Kyle, I wanna warn ya
It'll turn into a Byron Blitz.
I think it's like 7 beers I owe you already.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:23 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Some useless call up scrub for the cheapest team in hockey comes out and takes out an impact player from any team and there better be a suspension to go along with this.

It was very dirty AND the league in its infinite B.S. has said that it is "cracking down on these sort of hits from behind".

If they are then this scrub will get his ticket back off the ice for a few games.

3 teams in 3 years for a 6'5" guy who has spent 10 games in the NHL with the casucks, 7 games with FLA and 45 games in Boston 3 years ago says scrub to me.

I thought the league was also cutting down on allowing teams to call up goon/cheap shot artists prior to the playoffs too.
That hit was MUCH MUCH worse than the weak rub that Stoll gave Ian White in last year's playoffs, which resulted in a suspension.

Depending on whether or not Bitz gets suspended, I guess we'll find out if that was a "make-up call" by Shanahan since the refs didn't call a penalty on Stoll on that play, or if they are serious about these hits.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:24 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/11/12 Post Game Interviews

4/11/12 - Post Game - Coach Sutter

Coach Sutter of the Kings spoke with the media following their 4-2 game 1 victory of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/11/12 - Post Game - Dustin Brown

Dustin Brown of the Kings spoke with the media following their 4-2 game 1 victory of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/11/12 - Post Game - Drew Doughty

Drew Doughty of the Kings spoke with the media following their 4-2 game 1 victory of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/11/12 - Post Game - Jeff Carter

Jeff Carter of the Kings spoke with the media following their 4-2 game 1 victory of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/11/12 - Post Game - Mike Richards

Mike Richards of the Kings spoke with the media following their 4-2 game 1 victory of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/11/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Last edited by KingsVision: 04-12-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old
04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

There is a bunch of Canucks fans calling that hit clean (though some are calling it suspension worthy so not all of the fanbase is biased) in the playoff board. I can't see how anyone would say that's not dirty and suspension worthy. Cliffy better be ok. After watching game one with all the cheap shots, lippy players, snowwashes, diving and all the rest, I can't wait for the Cnucks to get bounced from the playoffs and I so hope we get the chance to do it. They are just a hair below the Ducks on my hate-scale.

Even last year I was cheering against that team in the finals. I dont care if I am Canadian and no Canadian team has won the cup in 18 years, make it 19 I said. If they get past us and are the only Canadian team left, I say make it 20 years. They are an embarrassment and not worthy of being allowed to raise the cup.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
To me this is what to expect from a cheap dirty hack filled team from the top to the bottom like the Casucks.

I mean Bitz equals loser who can only do one thing but it was Vanboover who called him up and sent him out to do what he does and everyone around the league knows the guy is a cheap shot artist who is nothing more than a hired gun put on the ice to do what he did. Not saying that he was given orders to do what he did but it wouldn't surprise me.

The Canucks should show that they are a better org than this and just give the guy his walking papers.

Shameful thing to me.
Not used to seeing this anger from you TG, but I like it. Feel the darkside flow through you...good, good.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

It takes allot to get me there but then it takes allot to get me back.

If it was one of our boys who did that garbage I would be equally angry. Thankfully it wasn't.

What gets me is that it is so super obvious that Bitz was brought in to do what he did that it ruins the game of hockey.

I highly doubt that the incompetent nimrods who are in charge of making these decisions will do the right thing here and make a statement in the type of punishment handed down.

But what an opportunity to do so.

Caught between Jedi and Sith on this one.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:26 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
There is a bunch of Canucks fans calling that hit clean (though some are calling it suspension worthy so not all of the fanbase is biased) in the playoff board.
To be fair, I wouldn't say "a bunch". There's one particularly vocal 'Nucks poster who is trying to blame Clifford for "making himself vulnerable", but I don't think that rises to the level of "a bunch".

Old
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
It takes allot to get me there but then it takes allot to get me back.

If it was one of our boys who did that garbage I would be equally angry. Thankfully it wasn't.

What gets me is that it is so super obvious that Bitz was brought in to do what he did that it ruins the game of hockey.

I highly doubt that the incompetent nimrods who are in charge of making these decisions will do the right thing here and make a statement in the type of punishment handed down.

But what an opportunity to do so.

Caught between Jedi and Sith on this one.
This is the thing that upsets me the most. It's not like it was a roster regular like Bieksa or Burrows or something; Bryon ****ing Bitz gets to run one of our regular players potentially out of the lineup. Oh no, suspend Bitz? Big deal.

You could claim the 5-min major hurt that Canucks and that's a significant blow, but if we sent Clune after who, Raymond? Hansen? what's the drawback?

Old
04-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Perro

Bob McK just tweeted he is to have a hearing. I am glad this hit was not on one of our top six. Not saying we won't miss Cliff, but Bitz needs to be suspended for at least 2.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I really don't know what Shanahan will do, but if the Keith hit deserved 5 games, the Bitz hit deserves a 3 game suspension IMO. Reckless and unnecessary.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I really don't know what Shanahan will do, but if the Keith hit deserved 5 games, the Bitz hit deserves a 3 game suspension IMO. Reckless and unnecessary.
Shanny has said that he puts more weight on playoff games. I think he will likely only gte 1, should get 2. Doesn't matter though if Cliff is out for a while Ithink the Canucks would take the trade of Bitz for Cliff anyday.
Also I think the Keith hit was worse.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
I don't know if you can telegraph an elbow any earlier...
HE learned from the Rock and the people's elbow.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:35 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
To be fair, I wouldn't say "a bunch". There's one particularly vocal 'Nucks poster who is trying to blame Clifford for "making himself vulnerable", but I don't think that rises to the level of "a bunch".
We can disagree, but there is certainly more than one Nucks fan, though the one you are referring to is definately out to lunch.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/11/12 Kings vs. Canucks Game Recap

4/11/12 Kings vs. Canucks Game Recap

Watch highlights and commentary of the LA Kings 4-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in game 1 of the Western Conference quarterfinals.

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM
thebigbea

still can't believe weber got nothing.. that's like wwe.. if henrik didn't have helmet or shield, could have been nasty..

Old
04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea View Post
still can't believe weber got nothing.. that's like wwe.. if henrik didn't have helmet or shield, could have been nasty..
Really? Hadn't seen that yet. Weber got nothing for ramming Zetterberg's head into the glass?

Old
04-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Really? Hadn't seen that yet. Weber got nothing for ramming Zetterberg's head into the glass?
Just a fine.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
bobafettish*

clifford's head is gonna turn to mush at this rate.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

I don't remember the last time I saw a big a$$ defenseman like Weber slam an opponent's head into the glass with 1 arm behind his head like that.

Pretty brutal he didn't get suspended for at least 1 game.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
clifford's head is gonna turn to mush at this rate.
This worries me

Old
04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Bitz got two games for the hit.

@jimfox19
Bitz will get 2 games for hit on Clifford! @LAKings

Old
04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
thebigbea

if bitz got 2 games, weber should have gotten 4 games.. hits happen in the league while ramming someone head into board is not...

Closed Thread