HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCQF - #4 Nashville Predators 4 vs #5 Detroit Red Wings 1

Old
04-12-2012, 03:06 PM
PhoneGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
As I stated above, the ruling was too harsh on Weber. Not only that, I can't believe they are letting Z getting away with being such a sissy. I hope Weber creams him into next week in Game 2 so he can REALLY know what it feels like to be hit by a "Weber Slam"
Only problem I see is now that Webs is on notice, opposing players will start cheapshotting him, trying to goad him into something borderline that does end up getting him suspended. I can envision Zetterburg going into a corner, see Webs coming in to check him, and turning his back at the last second to draw a boarding call, and then going down like he was shot by a sniper.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Put in Tootoo. Yip you've done decent, but we need a Tootoo distraction for the Wings to channel their attention to.
Except Tootoo doesn't play that kind of game anymore.

He's too focused on being a "skill" player, with his blind passes into the slot and blueline turnovers.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'm thinking the next two/three games are squeaky clean between these two teams. But if someone gets up 3-0 or 3-1 there could be some fireworks.

My fear is that the Wings go clean tomorrow and the Preds come out ready for a brawl and get themselves into penalty trouble. This is one time that I hope Trotz has them level headed and focused on just playing a good clean game.
I fear this as well. Hopefully we learned our lesson from Game 2 of the Ducks series. Detroit is going to forget about it. We need to also.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:31 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Only problem I see is now that Webs is on notice, opposing players will start cheapshotting him, trying to goad him into something borderline that does end up getting him suspended. I can envision Zetterburg going into a corner, see Webs coming in to check him, and turning his back at the last second to draw a boarding call, and then going down like he was shot by a sniper.
the wings were already doing this last night, all night......

and a lot of other teams are taking this approach ... It's gotten worse and worse all year.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:35 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but thought Lindback was backup for game one?
Lindbach was the back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Just as I thought, Weber-Suter about 28 minutes of ice time. Klein-Josi 20:30. Funny thing will be when Gill comes back and get's PK scraps.

The goal scorers averaged about 10 minutes in the game. And Wings fans have been talking about Z getting nearly 26 minutes of TOI last night5 because of Helm's injury.

Helm's speed is gone and will be replaced by a big but slow Sheehan. So the Wings got slower against lines with Bourque and Halischuk.

Why do I have the feeling Radulov has just increased the scoring of the 4th line?
I think it was all the pk and pp time that decreased Rad time...

Frankly, I think the 2nd PP unit should have been used more last night than it was..

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

tootoo should be in over yip next game imo. bring a new element in.. spaling, halischuk, bourque, gaustad all play a similar game to yip and succeed more or have a better niche.. trotz needs to tell toots to loosen up and be who he is. go out there and smash some bodies hard and go to the net (anaheim series). if detroit wants to be sissies, at least give them a reason to be. with toots out, weber IS our tough guy. after the zetterberg incident, we don't need to risk him. anything could turn into a suspension. leave the dirty work to toots.. fans will go crazy for him, too

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:34 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
tootoo should be in over yip next game imo.
I replaced my regular season Blum avatar with a playoff Yip avatar after last night's game. I fully anticipate Yip will never be seen in a Preds uniform again but will be seen occasionally in instagram photos from minor European beer leagues (frowning with a bud light can in his hand).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Trotz loves Yip. I agree, would like to see Tootoo out there, though I hate those damn train whistles.

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:39 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

My only fear with Tootoo would be a greater chance he looses his head and gives Detroit numerous power plays.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
My only fear with Tootoo would be a greater chance he looses his head and gives Detroit numerous power plays.
tootoo very rarely does that. he has a dumb penalty every now and then but look at game 1... tootoo would throw them off their game big time

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

i would like to dedicate my 13 000th post to the Preds... the team i have been rooting for ever since i was small (i was a preds fan before i was a leafs fan) ... always enjoy seeing them do well. they will always be the team that i go for in the west (and playoffs in general ... stupid leafs can't even get there lol)

hopefully it's good luck

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I replaced my regular season Blum avatar with a playoff Yip avatar after last night's game. I fully anticipate Yip will never be seen in a Preds uniform again but will be seen occasionally in instagram photos from minor European beer leagues (frowning with a bud light can in his hand).
Yip will be back next year. Book it.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Yip will be back next year. Book it.
You don't understand the power of my avatar. I've single handedly cost us Vokoun, Peverly and CalO, plus banished Blum to the ahl.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Can't friggin wait for game 2

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Detroit is going to come out fired up. I only pray our boys are too

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I just wonder how Trotz will play the Helm injury?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
So if Shea Weber feels he was hit from behind, with his knee being targeted by Zetterberg (which is intent to injure), he should just take it like a man? Or perhaps say, "Gee, sorry Mr Redwing, I didn't mean to get into your way?"

You really think Weber thought, "Hey...I see an opening here to slam Zetterberg's head into the glass - let's see if we can get him out with a concussion?"

Weber got royally pissed and attempted to let Zetterberg know it. His reaction was over-the-top and I certainly won't cry "unfair" if he gets a game for it. However, I don't believe Weber was out to purposely concuss Zetterberg. He was out to bounce his face off the glass and let Zetterberg know he wasn't just going standby and let him hit him from behind.

But as I said, the reaction was too much and I won't argue if he gets a game. But the Detroit fans screaming that he should be gone for the playoffs or the series are being ridiculous. Weber does not have a history of dirty play. It was wrong and too much, but it doesn't make him a scum-bag.
But you can't use that logic. I don't think most players ACTUALLY INTEND to injure someone. I think they get angry and they try to retaliate without thinking about it, but very few players are actually TRYING TO INJURE someone. It's different being angry and taking liberty on someone versus deliberately trying to knock them out of the playoffs or something like that.

I think most incidents that happen are not literally with the intent to injure. I wouldn't say that Weber was out to injure Zetter yesterday. But what he did was ridiculous. You can't grab someone from the back of the head and deliberately slam them into the boards. There are plays that were less than that but players were suspended.

In my view, he should have gotten a game. Wings fans suggesting out for the playoffs is ridiculous to me. But 1 game, given how they are trying to get this kind of stuff out of the league, was warranted.

With that said, I think if Zetterberg hits Weber from behind earlier in the game, to me that's a penalty. Not a suspension but a penalty.

The fact that Shanahan said "he wasn't injured, so here's a 5 dollar fine" is absurd and to me laughable. I'd say the same if it were the other way around, too. I'm trying to be objective.

Imagine if that was Crosby's face. First, I'd laugh because I hate him, but the league would have gone after Weber. No way that doesn't happen.

Anyway, it was a tight game yesterday mostly, I want to see the better team win (of course I'm pulling for my team). I don't want the games to be decided on fluke BS goals like yesterday. The team with better skill and who play better should win.

Can't wait for game 2.

WingsFan734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
VFL615*

wow if detroit is like this after going down in a series i am looking forward to all the moaning, kicking, and screaming if they lose the series. I guess the fans are drama queens just like the players. Zetterberg needs his face pounded harder if he takes a cheap shot a Weber again.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan734 View Post
You can't grab someone from the back of the head and deliberately slam them into the boards.
But you can push a guy skating quickly without the puck head first into the glass/turnbuckle and break his neck, try and fob any lame excuse off to the media in a desperate attempt to try and pardon yourself and then sit back as your teammates make dumb comments about the situation. This we know.

As for Weber last night, what he did was stupid and dangerous. Thankfully Z wasn't hurt. I also wouldn't have objected to a single game suspension. As for Z's actions, obviously in that kind of game situation, he is going to go hard after the puck, but he has to know if he goes in straight behind Weber with that kind of force, that'll draw a reaction. He could have gone into his side along the boards but didn't. Both did something dumb, Weber a bit more so IMO. I expect the NHL wants to use this as a shot across the bow to both teams to try and keep them in line as much as possible for the rest of the series.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
adsfan

[QUOTE=VFL615;47842665]wow if detroit is like this after going down in a series i am looking forward to all the moaning, kicking, and screaming if they lose the series. I guess the fans are drama queens just like the players. Zetterberg needs his face pounded harder if he takes a cheap shot a Weber again.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that is why no suspension was given out to Shea. I would have given him 1 game off.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
i would like to dedicate my 13 000th post to the Preds... the team i have been rooting for ever since i was small (i was a preds fan before i was a leafs fan) ... always enjoy seeing them do well. they will always be the team that i go for in the west (and playoffs in general ... stupid leafs can't even get there lol)

hopefully it's good luck
Thanks, that was nice of you.

So...anybody really excited about Friday the 13th this year? It's always been a good day for me. Hope that trend continues.

I'm thrilled--we can't be swept in the first round NO MATTER WHAT.

However, our guys need to get it together. Have to get some production from Preds top two lines and good grief--Sergei I'm talking to you--how many open net one on one's do you miss before you start burying them?

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Thanks, that was nice of you.

So...anybody really excited about Friday the 13th this year? It's always been a good day for me. Hope that trend continues.

I'm thrilled--we can't be swept in the first round NO MATTER WHAT.

However, our guys need to get it together. Have to get some production from Preds top two lines and good grief--Sergei I'm talking to you--how many open net one on one's do you miss before you start burying them?
I really hope he figures out how to play playoff hockey and puts it all together. I'm worried that he'll go MIA again like last year. That said, the supporting cast this year is much much better. So even if Sk goes pointless the first few games, I still think the team has enough to overcome that lines deficiencies.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:50 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Tootoo is one of the smartest players in the league at sucking people in and not retailing. I really want him in the lineup on Friday.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Except Tootoo doesn't play that kind of game anymore.

He's too focused on being a "skill" player, with his blind passes into the slot and blueline turnovers.
True but it's the playoffs and I think he knows what needs to be done

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:23 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
But you can push a guy skating quickly without the puck head first into the glass/turnbuckle and break his neck, try and fob any lame excuse off to the media in a desperate attempt to try and pardon yourself and then sit back as your teammates make dumb comments about the situation. This we know.

As for Weber last night, what he did was stupid and dangerous. Thankfully Z wasn't hurt. I also wouldn't have objected to a single game suspension. As for Z's actions, obviously in that kind of game situation, he is going to go hard after the puck, but he has to know if he goes in straight behind Weber with that kind of force, that'll draw a reaction. He could have gone into his side along the boards but didn't. Both did something dumb, Weber a bit more so IMO. I expect the NHL wants to use this as a shot across the bow to both teams to try and keep them in line as much as possible for the rest of the series.
We are on the same page here.

But I will say this, the league took out the ability for Zetterberg to go in and sort of bear hug his opponent into the board, preventing a crash. There's nothing that could stop a player from grabbing the head of another player and smacking it into the boards. Dont get me wrong, you see the player's jersey, DONT HIT THEM. Simple.

I think the league has perpetrated ALL of this to be honest with you. With the rule changes, and the way the 'brass' seem to want the game played, it's doing nothing but making it open season on opposing players. It's a shame.

Weber does something like that 20 years ago, and he's sweating a butt kicking tomorrow. There's no protection anymore for players. They used to police themselves, and through rule changes the league has dismantled that and tried to police it through penalties. It doesn't work when penalties are inconsistent.

WingsFan734 is offline   Reply With Quote