HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Suspension for Shea Weber, $2500 fine

Old
04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky F View Post
those other plays are hockey hits, there was nothing to do with hockey when Weber smashed his face into the glass. Star player treatment > player safety i guess.
Same treatment teams like San Jose, Detroit, Pitts have gotten for years. I think the punishment fit the crime

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
those other plays are hockey hits, there was nothing to do with hockey when Weber smashed his face into the glass. Star player treatment > player safety i guess.
Really. Hockey plays? Hockey plays take place between the whistles not after them.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
My favorite part about your post is that you have detailed information to back up your general statement.

oh...you don't. sad trombone.
Sigh. What about Rads suspension against San Jose? That was crap for starters.

Regardless of what you think, the majority of fan bases feel this way towards certain teams.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

the board on Steve Bernier from forever ago? Might want to let that one go.

Risky F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheTerror View Post

Gimmie a hell yeah!
His finishing move is called the "stone cold weber"

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:21 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
So if Weber would have just punched Zetterberg in the face it would have been a hockey play and ok?

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Squeeven

No mean to troll or anything because up until this I actually didn't mind Weber all that much but that hit or punch or whatever you wanna call it was very dirty and deserved at least one game maybe two. A $2500 fine is like a slap on the wrist. To be honest though I really don't think that suspensions should depend on if the player is injured or not, it should totally depend on the action. Good luck Preds!

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
ZetterBurger

Good to see there are some fans here who realize that it was probably worth a suspension and that don't condone it. The rest of you I don't even know what to say. I do know that if the Wings do win, I don't want anyone to be able to say we got help from Shanny. I know the Wings can beat the Preds when everyone on your team is dressed, and I hope you feel the same way towards us. Let's just hope the refs let both teams play a game through 5v5 next time, eh? Good luck in game 2 folks.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Good to see there are some fans here who realize that it was probably worth a suspension and that don't condone it. The rest of you I don't even know what to say. I do know that if the Wings do win, I don't want anyone to be able to say we got help from Shanny. I know the Wings can beat the Preds when everyone on your team is dressed, and I hope you feel the same way towards us. Let's just hope the refs let both teams play a game through 5v5 next time, eh? Good luck in game 2 folks.
Like I said elsewhere, it could've gone either way in my mind. I didn't think they would suspend him simply because of the retaliation aspect of it and if he did get a game, the Preds would've screamed foul about Bertuzzi's punch on Gaustad. Certainly can't defend Weber's action though

Could've gotten a game, glad he didn't. I think a fine and a stern talking to is fair. I expect a very short leash for Weber the rest of the playoffs.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I bet Zetterburg doesn't elbow Weber in the head again. In a best of seven series that is exactly how you prevent any more stupid plays like what zetterburg did.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I bet Zetterburg doesn't elbow Weber in the head again. In a best of seven series that is exactly how you prevent any more stupid plays like what zetterburg did.
Thats exactly what I have been saying on the main board.

Weber obviously thought he had been cheapshot and responded in a way that should give others pause before doing likewise.

If he had been suspended a game I wouldnt have argued, but just like there are "good" penalties to take that would have been a "good" suspension to take...

Preds have on the receiving end of cheapshots in the playoffs for years, and if this is what it takes to put a stop to it, so be it...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Thats exactly what I have been saying on the main board.

Weber obviously thought he had been cheapshot and responded in a way that should give others pause before doing likewise.

If he had been suspended a game I wouldnt have argued, but just like there are "good" penalties to take that would have been a "good" suspension to take...

Preds have on the receiving end of cheapshots in the playoffs for years, and if this is what it takes to put a stop to it, so be it...
Just like Horny wouldn't get nearly as much crap if he wasn't always chripping guys in front of the net. Its hockey and Shanny knows it otherwise there would have been a suspension.

How is it that people can't see the elbow to the back of Webers head after a faceoff win that basically ended the game.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:15 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Just like Horny wouldn't get nearly as much crap if he wasn't always chripping guys in front of the net. Its hockey and Shanny knows it otherwise there would have been a suspension.

How is it that people can't see the elbow to the back of Webers head after a faceoff win that basically ended the game.
People see what they want to see and base their opinion on a jaded media view. If a Detroit player had done the same thing to Lewand or Fisher it would not have been half the big deal the chicken wings got stirred up

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:17 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I'm pleased. Weber sent a message to not cheapshot him. Shanny realized this **** happens. Good on him.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
101st owes me a bouquet of flowers and a box of candy
Haha, the "I told you so" phrase doesn't do this one justice. A fine plate of crow would

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutjeff View Post
Yes, but those saying that were not basing it on previous rulings from Shanny. He has been quite lenient on those committing offenses against the wings and was rather tough on a couple wings for first time offenses.
Right, which is why this year Kronwall's hit on Voracek which was clearly leaving the feet and led to some injury wasn't even fined. Shanhan assess the situation and makes the decision. He proved that he is impartial in all matters. Sure the wings got some fines early, but so did the Preds. Tootoo got suspended for running into the goalie when he was clearly shoved earlier in the year also. I think the NHL handled this the best they could. Send a clear message that it won't be tolerated again and let the boys play.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:28 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
this thread is hilarious for several reasons.

1. Weber deserves at least a game suspension and got fined chump change

2. The WWE and call transcript, well done.

3. Preds fans arguing that it was a non issue knowing they'd lose their minds if it was say, Burrows pushing SK74's head into the glass.

4. Wings fans turning a blind eye to Z setting the whole ordeal in motion with his hit that rode up Weber's back towards his head, not to mention Bert's punch to the face in the other scrum.

One thing is for sure, the series just got a lot more interesting.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:29 PM
tserberis*

You have a killer on your team that you rewarding with millions of dollars every year!!!

GTFO!!! Red Wings Sucks!!!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

My tweet: "I think Weber probably deserved 1 game, but i see great irony in a team whining about cheap shots when they employ Todd Bertuzzi"

A Wings fan responded: "haha funny, preds have some of dirtiest players in league. Exampl Suter and Too Too"

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Someone posted this good example in another thread. This head hit from Pronger resulted in a 1 game suspension (during playoffs). Weber's hit is no where near as bad as Pronger's

Last edited by Paranoid Android: 04-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Not meaning to sound like a complete homer with tinted glasses on(because anyone who knows me knows I'm not) just wondering: Did Z's head/helmet actually hit the glass?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
It's no where near as bad as Weber's hit.

really? Pronger going in full speed and crushing Holmstrom in the head isn't near as bad as Weber shoving Zetterberg by the shoulder less than a foot from the boards?

Pronger's was a lot worse.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Someone posted this good example in another thread. This head hit from Pronger resulted in a 1 game suspension (during playoffs). It's no where near as bad as Weber's hit.

holmstrom was bleeding tho and needed attention. Id say that pronger hit was worse, not morally tho....Zetterburg was/is completely fine, not a scratch on his face. Weber definitely did a dirty play but he sent a message that can only be sent one way. luckily Z is ok, and weber comes out with no suspension.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I said that wrong, meant Weber's hit was no where near as bad as Pronger's

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:21 PM
wingnutjeff

Quote:
Someone posted this good example in another thread. This head hit from Pronger resulted in a 1 game suspension (during playoffs). It's no where near as bad as Weber's hit.

And was this during a year when the league has been stressing player safety and talking about the crackdown on headshots? You can't compare the two. It's like comparing Gordie Howe with Wayne Gretzky. Different era, different rules.

You guys can keep trying to justify it, but it was a classless disgusting act by Weber. You guys just got another big juicy gift from the league. Somebody in your organization must be on good terms with Mr. Bettman.

wingnutjeff is offline   Reply With Quote