HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erik Cole suffers serious neck injury

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2006, 02:56 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
wow, that's a big loss. hopefully it's not career threatening and he can make it back for the playoffs. looks like Ladd will get a shot...i liked that kid and was hoping we might draft him.

same here. Ladd reminds me of Shane Doan a little bit. Why cant the Rangers have a young power forward like at least every team has. Oh wait we might get old Tkachuk. Id take him 6 years ago but not now unless it wont cost alot.

Old
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Phil333

I heard that it wasn't really a dirty hit but that Cole turned into him and it was an accident but I have not seen the clip. Does anyone have a clip and if not, can anyone confirm or deny if this is true?

Old
03-05-2006, 03:21 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
same here. Ladd reminds me of Shane Doan a little bit. Why cant the Rangers have a young power forward like at least every team has. Oh wait we might get old Tkachuk. Id take him 6 years ago but not now unless it wont cost alot.
We will have one in two seasons, his name is Hugh Jessiman

Old
03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Tough break for the kid... should have avoided turning into the boards but I'm sure he'll come back stronger for it all. Hope Opick(sp?) gets suspended for this.

Old
03-05-2006, 05:09 PM
shoothepuck

Bad news about Cole. That's a tough injury, looks like he'll be out for the rest of the season.

Old
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Its soo funny hearing you say that when your the one who continually has trade proposals shipping out our 1st round picks and other trade chips that could land us a power foward in the upcoming draft.

Old
03-05-2006, 07:04 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Tough injury for Cole.

I hope it is not as bad. The problem I have with those kind of checks is what Jagr said, players don't repect each other anymore. I remember when Espo was braodcasting or need the end of his playing career and he said that with players wearing helmets will come a lack of rspect and more serious injuries. Man has he been right.

The bad part is is that more and more players turn away and face the boards in order to protect themselves these days. In the past people would hold up, not anymore they drill guys into the boards or glass and they don't give like they use to.
My opinion is that if a major penalty is called and player suffers an injury like that it should be at least a 10 game suspension if not longer.

Old
03-05-2006, 07:45 PM
in the hall

thats terrible, he's a good player

wish him the best

Old
03-06-2006, 06:52 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Orpik is a cheap punk. I remember when he tried to cheapshot Jagr after a game a while back.
I wondered how someone calls a player a "cheap punk" and in this and a couple other of your posts you elaborate on how cheap Orpik is as a player.
For sure you have taken someone else's opinion and delivered as your own . . . because Orpik (according to Orpik) has, " . . . never had a hitting-from-behind penalty, or ever been accused of that." He also stated, "I don't know where that comes from."

I was at the game and quite frankly I thought he ran him. Seeing it in slow motion doesn't change the severity or the problem Cole has with his neck, but it did show me it was different than how I viewed the hit at the game.

Now you even have extra added info . . . you can remember Orpik cheapshoting Jagr "after" a game. In other posts you also claimed that you hate the Penguins and that you also took a cheap shot and can no longer play because of that hit.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-06-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old
03-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Rebel

Listen, the consequences of the hit don't have anything to do with whether it was a legal or illegal hit. Neither does Orpik's background or the fact that Cole turned, ducked or put on a 5 minute pirouette. If you really watched reruns like you said you did, and considered the angle of the shot, you would have noticed that Cole began to stop and turn at the board edge of the right face-off circle which is 6+ feet from the boards at the time Orpik made the initial contact and committed himself. Cole briefly looked up ice already when he got hit yet he hit the boards with his right side. So yea, considering the distance to the boards I'd say it was boarding, illegal and that Orpik ran him. Now whether that makes him a punk is another story.

Closed Thread