HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: CBJ @ LA, Mar. 4th

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2006, 05:37 PM
jacketracket*

vCash: 500
GDT: CBJ @ LA, Mar. 4th

Avery

Avery

Zherdev

Zherdev

Discuss!!

Old
03-04-2006, 05:46 PM
jacketracket*

Calamari

I hate squid ...

Old
03-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Luno

Man, could not get on these boards all day.

Pretty good game though, Denis got some good breaks but also made some tough saves.

I'm just hoping we can take the last game of this roadtrip, winning 5 in a row does not interest me.

Old
03-04-2006, 07:13 PM
allelsefails

It was a good game to watch - always nice to see the Jackets continue to fight back when in a hole. You can't really stop watching these games when the Jackets get down a pair of goals anymore.

Really liked what Zherdev was doing tonight, both offensively and defensively. He lost the puck that would have been a sure goal for LA, but came in and played goalie himself once Denis was out of position, real nice effort.

Old
03-04-2006, 08:03 PM
X0ssbar

Unfortunate to see this one slip away after we battled back from two goals down the road. Our lack of production on the PP is killing this team! GG should practice the PP everday until the season ends. The only way to win consistantly in the 'new NHL' is to covert on the PP...

I will give some props to GG for shaking up the lines at the right time tonight to find a spark. I'm starting to agree with those who think it might be time to play Nash on a line w/ Vybes and Hrdina permanently.

Just an awesome game from Z tonight. His best game of the year IMO. He was our only 'O'. I really like the way Klesla has been taking the body lately as well. Wescott played solid..I love how he didn't back down from any of Avery's antics... Denis with a decent game...thank god for the post.!

Rough game for Foote, Feds, Nash and Vybes.. Vybes had some awful penalties.. At what point did he think hooking was aloud back in the game again?

Back to the drawing board...the team is keeping things interesting but unfortunately we keep coming up short...hopefully we can play a good game tomorrow..but its a back2back against a team fighting for their playoffs lives.. Optomistic is not the word the comes to mind..

Whelp..on the plus side..that top 5 pic is looking pretty solid .

GP PTS
1. Carolina 59 86
2. Ottawa 58 83
3. N.Y. Rangers 59 80
4. Buffalo 58 79
5. Philadelphia 60 77
6. New Jersey 60 69
7. Tampa Bay 59 68
8. Montreal 58 64

9. Atlanta 60 60
10. Boston 60 60
11. Toronto 59 59
12. N.Y. Islanders 58 56
13. Florida 60 55
14. Washington 58 45
15. Pittsburgh 60 39

1. Detroit 59 85
2. Dallas 59 79
3. Vancouver 62 75
4. Nashville 60 76
5. Calgary 59 75
6. Colorado 61 74
7. Los Angeles 62 73
8. Edmonton 60 70

9. Anaheim 59 67
10. San Jose 58 64
11. Minnesota 62 63
12. Phoenix 60 60
13. Columbus 60 48
14. Chicago 59 47
15. St. Louis 58 43

Old
03-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Millions Livio

Well, thanks to FSN AGAIN for the second time in a row, I've missed a Blue Jackets game. This time it was some stupid "Xaiver" backetball game, whoever they are. Never even heard of them. Basketball is really starting to piss me off because I've missed the last three Blue Jackets games because of it. Last time the FSN feed was lost because of some problems with a Basketball game...

I cannot wait for the day when the Blue Jackets are doing great so that hockey will take it's rightful place over basketball...

Old
03-04-2006, 08:38 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Shelf....right on with the Z comments. Man he is playing great. Feds...well where has he been for the last 2 games??? Nasher seems to still be having an Olympic no medal hangover. And can somebody chisel the concrete out of his skates???

Great fight by Shelly after they were punking Z. Did his job tonight.

Think Leclaire is our #1 goalie. Have all year. I say if the right trade comes about...get rid of Denis. Good goalie...but not for our future. P.L. is the now and forever.

Hate to be my pessimistic self. LOVE when the Jackets win. Freakin LOVE it. Am pissed all night when they lose. I just want them to win. BUT.......another part of me KNOWS we are out of the playoffs and would love to see a high draft pick. Hope they dont do like the Clowns in Clev. and drop 8 or so draft picks with a meaningless win at the end of the year. Which leaves me torn...because I have played competitive sports and you can never play to lose. At least I couldnt. You bring it every night.

THANK GOD this site is back up. I missed it.

Old
03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
ILuvLA

Greetings from LA, I was at the game today. The first period of the game was absolutely brutal to watch whether you were pulling for LA or Columbus. In the 2nd period things got interesting. The 3rd period was a toss up, honestly, the game could have gone either way. As an LA fan, I have to state that Zherdev is simply amazing. He seems to appear out of no where and then zing- he shoots, he scores. Nash is, well, Nash. Big and brutal and very, very good. This game could very well have ended differently. Good luck tomorrow in Anaheim. If the guys play the way the did today, they have good chance of taking it to the Ducks.

Old
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
kingpest19

[QUOTE=Top Shelf]
Just an awesome game from Z tonight. His best game of the year IMO. He was our only 'O'. I really like the way Klesla has been taking the body lately as well. Wescott played solid..I love how he didn't back down from any of Avery's antics... Denis with a decent game...thank god for the post.

Jackets played a great game gave me a scare. As far as wescott avery goes that was more wescott going after avery every chance he got. Seemed like everytime they were on the ice together wescott was there with a little extra shove or whack with the stick.

Old
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
For those Kings fans that don't know, Westcott and Avery have a sortof history when Avery played with the Wings. Westcott gave Avery a decent beatdown and maybe he's just letting Avery know what's up?

Old
03-04-2006, 10:16 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
For those Kings fans that don't know, Westcott and Avery have a sortof history when Avery played with the Wings. Westcott gave Avery a decent beatdown and maybe he's just letting Avery know what's up?
That would explain why Westcott seemed to be salivating everytime he & Avery were on the ice at the same time. Thanks for the history.

Old
03-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions Livio
Well, thanks to FSN AGAIN for the second time in a row, I've missed a Blue Jackets game. This time it was some stupid "Xaiver" backetball game, whoever they are. Never even heard of them. Basketball is really starting to piss me off because I've missed the last three Blue Jackets games because of it. Last time the FSN feed was lost because of some problems with a Basketball game...

I cannot wait for the day when the Blue Jackets are doing great so that hockey will take it's rightful place over basketball...
You need to get DirecTv. You'll have FSN Ohio & FSN Cincy, one of them always has the games.

Old
03-05-2006, 01:56 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
I had kind of remembered that, but wasn't quite sure (Davidge was talking about Avery and Duvie "having words" at the end of the first). Thought it might have been Ling, though. But now that you've mentioned it ... Year Two, right? Over near the penalty boxes?

Tough game to listen to as you're out and about. Sounded like the CBJ were all over the Kings in the first, and getting on the board was only a mater of time.

Old
03-05-2006, 08:04 AM
X0ssbar

More Avery/Westcott

"Afterward, Westcott and Avery continued to fire back and forth at each other.

Westscott went first: "He tried to run me five or six times today, and he ended up on his back every single time."

Avery responded: "I got two goals tonight. What did he do? I think he was on the ice for both of them, too. If (he) wants to fight me, Iíll meet him anytime."

To clarify: Westcott was not on the ice for either of Averyís goal and, yes, he gave Avery ample chance to drop the mitts. Avery declined. "

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/blue...305-E1-01.html

Old
03-05-2006, 08:17 AM
jacketracket*

Davidge again yesterday with the 'Captain Hook' bit, when Hrdina went to the box in the first.

Old
03-05-2006, 08:35 AM
DougKnowsBest

same song second verse

-to many stupid penelteis
-no pp production
-puck possesion-that includes faceoffs

On the bright side i think yesterday might have been one of Nash's best defensive games. I noticed him doing more "little" things that make a great 2 way forward.

past that all the draft picks look great. from klesla to balastik, I think it exciting that our picks seem to be our best players.

getting back to balastik, I quarentee he becomes an outstanding player for us. If, he makes the comitment and gets stronger. He has definatly been improving his 2 way game, lets just hope he keeps hungry.

Hirdina- get this bumb out a here! He is worthless with out his stick work, ie. tap passes and hooking

AJ has been alright, he has almost lost it a couple times, but he keeps his feet moving and stays alive on the play.

Hainsey>AJ>richardson

vyborny-had a bad game yesterday, instead of being called for hooking they could of called him for water skiing

And yes feds has been mysteriously absent. lets hope he gets back into it with nash

I was happy to see the line shuffler kick in last night. Offensivly the guys are very uninspired right now...besides Z, but of course he is just skating swan lake and making it look like hockey. I fully expect to see Z try a double lutz, or some kind of twirrling jump to avoid danger or get into better scoring position.

Last edited by DougKnowsBest: 03-05-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old
03-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Renion

Z's been great to watch lately. He's been one of our top players--if not the top player--for several games now. Here are a few stats from the past 8 games:

20 goals, of which Z scored or assisted on 7 of them.

2 of those goals were the only goals during regulation, and we won the two games in a shootout/OT (pretty sure they were shootouts).

He scored the only two goals in the Kings game yesterday, giving us a tie game for a while, and almost making it 3 games in the past 8 games we wouldn't have gotten a point out of if it hadn't been for him.

He's been pretty clutch, dare I say it, and it's great to see. I don't think he has any GWGs to his credit, but where would we be without him? Drafting better!

Old
03-05-2006, 07:11 PM
DougKnowsBest

Marc is a lucky man.

http://www.tonyscv.com/denisface.jpg

Old
03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
RiversForPrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest

yeeeesh

Old
03-06-2006, 07:15 AM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
"Afterward, Westcott and Avery continued to fire back and forth at each other.

Westscott went first: "He tried to run me five or six times today, and he ended up on his back every single time."

Avery responded: "I got two goals tonight. What did he do? I think he was on the ice for both of them, too. If (he) wants to fight me, Iíll meet him anytime."

To clarify: Westcott was not on the ice for either of Averyís goal and, yes, he gave Avery ample chance to drop the mitts. Avery declined. "

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/blue...305-E1-01.html
And you want to bring this clown to Columbus?

Old
03-06-2006, 07:20 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn
And you want to bring this clown to Columbus?
If he takes the place of Shelley on the 4th line - yep!

I love to hate him but we could use a Kevin Dineen/Tyler Wright replacement on this squad. I know he does and says some stupid shlt sometimes but there is no question he is the best agitator in the league, he's dirt cheap and has a motor that won't stop.

Could you imagine the Kirk Maltby/Sean Avery battles 8 times a year

FTR - I don't want to get rid of Shelley completely I just don't think he needs to dress every single game.

Old
03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
If he takes the place of Shelley on the 4th line - yep!

I love to hate him but we could use a Kevin Dineen/Tyler Wright replacement on this squad. I know he does and says some stupid shlt sometimes but there is no question he is the best agitator in the league, he's dirt cheap and has a motor that won't stop.

Could you imagine the Kirk Maltby/Sean Avery battles 8 times a year

FTR - I don't want to get rid of Shelley completely I just don't think he needs to dress every single game.
No thanks.

It's too much fun to hate and laugh at him.

Old
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
pucks-not-bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn
No thanks.

It's too much fun to hate and laugh at him.
Plus our French-Canadian goaltenders are already squrrely enough without having to worry about having Mr. Frank O'Phobic as a teammate....

Closed Thread