HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
  #26
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
And after all was said and done, Boyle with the GWG!
He has been great... keep it up

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
  #27
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Richards
Dubinsky
McDonagh

Henrik was very good too. Boyle,Hagelin.

Really, it was not just individuals, it was the team playing their game (maybe 75% of the game).

They stuffed Spezza's game back down his throat. They keyed on Karlsson hard, just like they should.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
  #28
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,063
vCash: 500
The last time we won Game 1 at home was in 1994.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
  #29
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,660
vCash: 50
Lundqvist was awesome this game.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
  #30
tlallstar6
Registered User
 
tlallstar6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
A win is a win in the playoffs. Would have preferred to finish 4-0 or 4-1. Don't discount the momentum they can take from those two garbage time goals. We dominated until the end, but it can and may give them hope moving forward.

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
  #31
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Great game by AA, he stepped up big time

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
  #32
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Great game. I don't put much stock in those last two goals. That's something that happens sometimes with a younger team.

Hopefully McDonagh gets some of the butterflies out of his stomach before Game 2. He looked terrified at certain points.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
  #33
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,006
vCash: 500
Just wondering is there a derogatory term for Sens like there is for Rangers? Because if there is we probably should include it next GDT's title. Stay classy Ottawa.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:53 PM
  #34
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Great game!

We got scoring from 3 different lines. We are going to be a tough team to beat if that continues.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:53 PM
  #35
Brady Skjei
Registered User
 
Brady Skjei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Didn't log into Twitter all game (shameless self promotion - @Jayfrancis19) because every time I tweet during the game our opponent scores right after (about 80% of the time)

1 down, 15 to go.

Brady Skjei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:53 PM
  #36
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
CALLY sweatsuit jacket is Gangsta

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
  #37
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Great game. I don't put much stock in those last two goals. That's something that happens sometimes with a younger team.

Hopefully McDonagh gets some of the butterflies out of his stomach before Game 2. He looked terrified at certain points.
Huh, really? I thought McDonagh was solid all around the whole game.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
  #38
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta/Abingdon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 50
Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bbaaaaabbbyyyyy!!!!!

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
  #39
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Just wondering is there a derogatory term for Sens like there is for Rangers? Because if there is we probably should include it next GDT's title. Stay classy Ottawa.
It gets annoying. When teams like the Sens, Leafs, and Washington use it, it boils my blood. The **** have they done of value?

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
  #40
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta/Abingdon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Huh, really? I thought McDonagh was solid all around the whole game.
Agree completely. If anyone was nervous, I think it was Hagelin early on.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
  #41
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
They're angry boys, they are angry. We won so let's be happy. That's how hockey works I believe. Hates gon' hate.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
  #42
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Agree completely. If anyone was nervous, I think it was Hagelin early on.
That I disagree too. Hagelin was flying early. He looked faster tonight than I've seen him all season.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
  #43
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,660
vCash: 50
McD had some truly marvelous plays in this game. I thought he looked great.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
  #44
ShutThePuckUp
Custom User Title
 
ShutThePuckUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Great game! Henrik, Richards, Gabby and Cally did their job!

One down, three to go..

ShutThePuckUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
  #45
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta/Abingdon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Just wondering is there a derogatory term for Sens like there is for Rangers? Because if there is we probably should include it next GDT's title. Stay classy Ottawa.
Yeah. Lets think about this one logically. A senator is a politician here in the U.S.. By that logic (with how people feel about politics in general) I think just about any name we could call them would be censored and earn us a suspension.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
  #46
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Huh, really? I thought McDonagh was solid all around the whole game.
He was jittery with the puck, playing hot potato with it. Every time he got it, he threw it away. A couple of those long Ottawa shifts and icings came because he wasn't looking to make a play, just throwing the puck around the boards as soon as he touched it.

His defensive play was solid, but his play with the puck left much to be desired, IMO.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:58 PM
  #47
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 50
Great game. Great win. Cally with the huge first goal. Hank kept the lead until we opened it up with the 2 goals late in the 2nd. Richie's was the icing on the cake. I feel we took our foot off the gas a bit after that. Alfie's goal was freakin' gorgeous, no complaints about that one. The other one: eh... it happens. If we keep playing this way, we'll take the series in 6 or less. (I don't want to be too optimistic).

Very proud to be a Rangers fan today. WHOOOOOOO!!!! The Drive for 5 is off to a good start. (I'm thinking we should have gone with a drive for 5 theme... just embrace the fact that we haven't won many Cups)

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:58 PM
  #48
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Just wondering is there a derogatory term for Sens like there is for Rangers? Because if there is we probably should include it next GDT's title. Stay classy Ottawa.
I don't know....congressmen?

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:58 PM
  #49
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
The Sens fan with 18 posts comes here to give us a lecture. Avada Kedavra m.f

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:58 PM
  #50
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
It gets annoying. When teams like the Sens, Leafs, and Washington use it, it boils my blood. The **** have they done of value?

I dont have an issue with randon fans using it. Haters gonna hate. However seeing a moderator use the word 'Rags' as part of the GDT title. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.