HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Full highlight videos for each Flyer(Timonen and Meszaros Added 7/11)

Old
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
xifentoozlerix

vCash: 500
Watching the JVR video made me remember how many of his points were on great individual efforts and in clutch situations at times. Hoping we dispose of the Pens early but if not maybe he will see the ice in a potential game 7. Briere and Grossmann are huge too, though. Great job OP.

xifentoozlerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:19 AM
BillDineen

Watching the Couturier video again, he had really good chemistry at times with Read and Voracek. Both are good defensively, I think Read-Couturier-Voracek could be an awesome two way line for years.

Looking at lines on the ice from LeftWingLock, they never all played together, if was either Talbot-Couturier-Voracek or Read-Couturier-simmonds/other.

Depends if they want to continue using Read at center or not.

Oh, and again thanks for creating this. I think it is the greatest thing ever. I will watch all of these over and over all summer.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:08 AM
ICAPNASTYI

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Watching the Couturier video again, he had really good chemistry at times with Read and Voracek. Both are good defensively, I think Read-Couturier-Voracek could be an awesome two way line for years.

Looking at lines on the ice from LeftWingLock, they never all played together, if was either Talbot-Couturier-Voracek or Read-Couturier-simmonds/other.

Depends if they want to continue using Read at center or not.

Oh, and again thanks for creating this. I think it is the greatest thing ever. I will watch all of these over and over all summer.
I'm happy to hear that, and everybody seems to like the videos. I didn't really notice the magnitude of my efforts until I started putting them all together. I watch the videos all the time too. You would think I'd get tired of seeing them after going through so many times for editing.

One of the reasons for creating these videos though, was for myself. The 15 second clips on NHL.com do not cut it for me, and I knew there were other people out there who shared the same feeling. I'd find myself searching through YouTube for a good reel, only to find "montage" videos with heavy effects and/or poorly chosen music.

I don't think there is anyone else out there who has done what I have, and to be honest I'm quite proud of that. I missed recording ONE game all season. My power had gone out while I was at the game and my DVR did not catch it. However I managed to make it home in time to record the encore presentation on the secondary channel. You can see the big green Comcast Encore logo during the Giroux, Hartnell, JVR, Voracek, Talbot and Read videos on the bottom right

And if there is someone out there who has done anywhere near the extent of my videos..... hahah

I'm not done yet either. I'm looking to record all of the goals in a lengthy playoff run to the cup.

ICAPNASTYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:02 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICAPNASTYI View Post
I'm happy to hear that, and everybody seems to like the videos. I didn't really notice the magnitude of my efforts until I started putting them all together. I watch the videos all the time too. You would think I'd get tired of seeing them after going through so many times for editing.

One of the reasons for creating these videos though, was for myself. The 15 second clips on NHL.com do not cut it for me, and I knew there were other people out there who shared the same feeling. I'd find myself searching through YouTube for a good reel, only to find "montage" videos with heavy effects and/or poorly chosen music.

I don't think there is anyone else out there who has done what I have, and to be honest I'm quite proud of that. I missed recording ONE game all season. My power had gone out while I was at the game and my DVR did not catch it. However I managed to make it home in time to record the encore presentation on the secondary channel. You can see the big green Comcast Encore logo during the Giroux, Hartnell, JVR, Voracek, Talbot and Read videos on the bottom right

And if there is someone out there who has done anywhere near the extent of my videos..... hahah

I'm not done yet either. I'm looking to record all of the goals in a lengthy playoff run to the cup.
Dude. You are insane.

I love it.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:04 AM
klikkar

Awesome job!

Watching Jake's points, he scores all his goals but two either as a garbage goal or on a breakaway. The other two are onetimers.

Most of his assists are passing the puck to a free man infront of the net.

Really makes a good sample of what kind of game each player plays.

klikkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
ICAPNASTYI

I apologize for not getting every player done on time before the playoffs. I've been absolutely over-working my computer for the passed week. Rendering and editing video almost every minute of the day has really started to beat it up.

Majority of the Flyers forwards are done(The regulars). The only one missing is Danny Briere, but don't worry I didn't forget about him. I thought there was no better time to upload his video than a few hours before playoffs

As for the rest of the roster, their videos will all be up by next week.

Old
04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
ICAPNASTYI

Uploaded Briere's video a couple hours before the start of game 1.

Old
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
thephillyflu

This is just so great work, and I promise you there are loads of people that usually don't post (or does, but just doesn't realize what it means to get a thumbs up for your hard work) that love these videos and are really grateful.

I was |this| close to not responding, since I usually don't respond when I have nothing constructive to say, but I just want you to know that a lot of people are grateful for this but maybe just 1-5 % come to think of/realize what it means thanking you for it.

thephillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
ICAPNASTYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
This is just so great work, and I promise you there are loads of people that usually don't post (or does, but just doesn't realize what it means to get a thumbs up for your hard work) that love these videos and are really grateful.

I was |this| close to not responding, since I usually don't respond when I have nothing constructive to say, but I just want you to know that a lot of people are grateful for this but maybe just 1-5 % come to think of/realize what it means thanking you for it.
well I thank you for taking the time, to say thanks to me.

Old
04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

Great job. These must have taken days to upload..

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:23 PM
ICAPNASTYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
Great job. These must have taken days to upload..
haha actual upload time to YouTube only took about ten minutes, that was the easiest part of the whole thing. Rendering the video and cutting them how I wanted is what took the most time. (Obviously what took the most time over a long period, was recording goals 1-260 )

My organization system for all of the goals was fairly simple, and I was surprised that it worked out as well as I wanted it to.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
thephillyflu

I have been doing these kinds of videos myself, and by god does it take time, especially if you're just putting on a highlight reel, you have to half-remember and browse through the games to find that nice move you saw... At least points you know exactly where to look, no need to remember that 1 move from 1 game 7 months ago...

However, even when just editing and pasting goals to a video, it takes ages.

thephillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 11:20 AM
ICAPNASTYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
I have been doing these kinds of videos myself, and by god does it take time, especially if you're just putting on a highlight reel, you have to half-remember and browse through the games to find that nice move you saw... At least points you know exactly where to look, no need to remember that 1 move from 1 game 7 months ago...

However, even when just editing and pasting goals to a video, it takes ages.
If you have trouble remembering a certain moment in a video or a set of videos. usually what I do is open up notepad, then watch whatever videos I'll be using from start to finish. During that, take note of the video time(s) that have your highlight of interest or whatever.

What program do you use for your videos?

And if anyone is interested on how I kept all of this organized I'll be happy to explain or make a video or something.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:43 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I should not have laughed as hard as I did at that gif, but I just couldn't help myself.
It's me in the light blue shirt.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

Quote:
haha actual upload time to YouTube only took about ten minutes, that was the easiest part of the whole thing. Rendering the video and cutting them how I wanted is what took the most time. (Obviously what took the most time over a long period, was recording goals 1-260 )

My organization system for all of the goals was fairly simple, and I was surprised that it worked out as well as I wanted it to.
That's not too bad at all.

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 07:17 AM
ICAPNASTYI

Bit of a late update here. I recently ran into some computer problems that halted the production of my points videos. The problem has been fixed, and new videos will be up in the next couple of days.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:59 PM
ICAPNASTYI

Kimmo Timonen - 43 Points

Meszaros video will be up later tonight

Old
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Quote:
Kimmo Timonen - 43 Points

Meszaros video will be up later tonight
Are you eventually going to do playoff videos too?

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:51 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
If they're all to be 15 minutes long, maybe just a video of all of Shelley's ice time?
And that's inluding commercial breaks

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:53 PM
CSKA1974

Thank you so much!! Great job, man!

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:15 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Claude Giroux is very good at hockey

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:27 AM
MacWinnon

Quote:
Awesome Post.
Avs fan here, I'm trying to get into some video stuff, but how do you download the highlights? Do you do it straight off of Flyers.TV?

MacWinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Garbage Goal

Holy balls. Give this man a hand.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
MrCapNasty you are the man. Thanks so much.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
ICAPNASTYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
Are you eventually going to do playoff videos too?
Yeah, I still have to finish videos for Carle, Coburn and Pronger. I hope to have those finished within the next two weeks before I go on vacation. Once I get back from vacation, I'll start putting together the playoff videos. They shouldn't take nearly as long to finish those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog2Semin View Post
Avs fan here, I'm trying to get into some video stuff, but how do you download the highlights? Do you do it straight off of Flyers.TV?
I didn't download any highlights for any of these videos. I have a DVR cable box, which I set to record for every single game during the season. I missed recording only ONE game due to my power going out while I was actually attending the game. I got home in time though to catch the encore presentation of it .

Now, all of this isn't really necessary and it is possible to make these types of videos with the method you suggested (Flyers.TV) However, the clips/highlights on NHL.com or a specific teams website are VERY short and limited. During the off-season I like to look at highlight videos on NHL.com to reflect back on the season or look at highlights of players the Flyers traded for or picked up.

I would be often disappointed with what I came up with due to the quality of the videos, and anything decent I found on YouTube had some ridiculous music with it. So, I took it upon myself to make great quality videos so that fans like me can watch them and for opposing teams fans who received one of our players in a trade(ex.JVR)and for whatever else they want to see them for.

I actually have done a video using NHL.com/Flyers.TV highlights.

Here it is, if you would like to compare. Towards the later parts of the video you'll notice the quality picks up because I got my DVR towards the end of that season.