HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa

Old
04-12-2012, 11:52 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Every single facial expression in this picture if photoshop worthy.
This one has some good expressions, too.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I think of what last year's first round against the Capitals, and beyond, might have been with Callahan in the lineup.
We may have won another game, taking the series to six. But we had so many problems up and down the lineup it wouldn't have mattered much.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:53 PM
McDunna with Fries

Some thoughts from the game:

The team's stellar play kind of took the wind out of the crowd's sails. The crowd energy was electric up until Boyle's goal that put us up 3-0. After that everyone just kinda sat back and relaxed with a sigh of relief. But hey, as long as we don't let them back in the game like the last Flyers game when we went up 4-0 in the first, I'm fine with that.

I thought Artie, Dubi, and Stepan all played very well. Dubi missed some great opportunities but he'll get it eventually. Stepan has great vision and had some really good looks that didn't pan out.

McDunna had so many highlight reel plays.. his backcheck is retardedly good and was solely repsonible for 2-3 saved goals. The tripping penalty called on him was complete bs considering that 1) it was a dive and 2) he was actually blatantly tripped a few minutes later and nothing was called.

Hank and Cally carried this team and set the tone from the start. Hank with some unbelievable saves and Cally with a couple of really hard hits that got the crowd going.

Refs were unbelievably inconsistent calling the game... for a good portion of the 2nd period the crowd was chanting "These Refs Suck" and "*******"

At the 10:00 mark in the 3rd, I tried to get my section to start chanting "We Want Kreider" but failed miserably. Then the Sens scored a goal and I just shut my mouth.

Bickel's shot off of a Senator's head was crazy. Just took a huge hack at the puck and hit a dude square in the noggin point blank range. Ouch.

What a great game! My favorite moment was when we were walking in the MSG workers were giving out free towels and t-shirts and one worker kept repeatedly shouting, "We aren't gay like the Devils, we don't give out thundersticks and pom poms" Everyone was loling.

Last edited by McDunna with Fries: 04-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.
McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:54 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
SO glad we came out big tonight and sealed the win. Should be good for confidence going forward.

One thing that was a bit frustrating at times was our inability to CLEAR THE PUCK out of our zone, our D would just throw the puck up the boards straight to their point men, and they would just start the cycle all over again. We have to be quicker in breaking out of our zone and make smarter passes.

McD seemed real nervous in the beginning of the game when he was losing the puck left and right but he seemed to solidify as time went on.

They got a taste of what the first round will be like... now it's time to perfect our game.
Watching the Kings get out of their zone under a heavy forecheck by the Canucks last night was really nice. They would have a guy come up behind the guy with the puck, and the player with the puck was obviously expecting him. Dished off and carried or shot out, with speed, forward movement, not backward.

I thought the Rangers often were not taking ownership and acting with authority. Maybe they could use something more structured, like L.A. showed. It was really efficient, and we all know how tough Vancouver can be on the forecheck.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I dont have an issue with randon fans using it. Haters gonna hate. However seeing a moderator use the word 'Rags' as part of the GDT title. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Let them say what they want....in the matter of days they'll be saying it while watching our squad advance while there's makes Tee times. The Rangers are going to make short work of the Sens and then they will have all the time in the world to come up with "witty" thread titles such as ones including the oh so original "Rags."

Rangers in 5.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:03 AM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post

What a great game! My favorite moment was when we were walking in the MSG workers were giving out free towels and t-shirts and one worker kept repeatedly shouting, "We aren't gay like the Devils, we don't give out thundersticks and pom poms" Everyone was loling.
Didn't hear that (lol) but I was pumped to get a t-shirt. Then I see they're giving away towels also!!! Dolan spending some $$$$ by giving away two things. Awesome.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:04 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but the "sit down yellow" chants were hysterical. Guy on the glass didn't catch on for a while haha

04-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Baby Punisher

Just got back from the game, & man what a game! I liked the way we played, the Sens came out hard in the first & Hank was there! I felt we played 90% of the game full tilt, we laid back the final 10 minutes & it cost us.

I can't believe Mitchell missed that wide open net.
Dubi was EVERYWHERE tonight. Everytime I turned around Dubi was on the puck or taking the body & the puck was finding him.
I was wondering why the Sens were going after Cally so hard in the 3rd period. Did I miss somthing?

Bickel nailing 14 on the sens in the head was crazy, I never saw anything like that before. He just shook it off to, which was good. That's what he get's for blasting the puck into his own bench seconds earlier.

1 down, 15 to go!

NYR!

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but the "sit down yellow" chants were hysterical. Guy on the glass didn't catch on for a while haha
I was wondering what that was all about.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I still didn't get it

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:09 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I was wondering what that was all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I still didn't get it
Yeah the guy in the yellow shirt was standing up for a while so the chants finally started. He looked back and finally sat down. Then again in the 3rd period he was standing up so the chants started again and right after he sat down the Sens scored their 2nd goal and this led to the "stand up yellow" chants

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Stralman might have played his best Ranger game so far..

So calm and collected..

Glennsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Just my thoughts....Sergei Gonchar had one of the most miserable games by a defenseman I can remember in a good long while...holy crap was he awful.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:18 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Just my thoughts....Sergei Gonchar had one of the most miserable games by a defenseman I can remember in a good long while...holy crap was he awful.
Give the guy a break, he turns 38 today lol.

I was actually curious about his age and looked up his profile... Happy Birthday to him! It's amazing looking at his injury history and how he is still playing at 38. He even had 37 points this year! He is still under contract for next season as well at a 5.5 million cap hit.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:20 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I'm late to the party...

But how the **** do you not love Brian Boyle?

Also Artie played great.

04-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Dave Sparky Allison

Congrats on the win tonight Ranger fans. I hope our guys play better in game 2 or it could be a short series.

By the way, Ryan Callahan is awesome! I'm sure you're all well aware of that though.

Dave Sparky Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:22 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Senaturds
it's not worth lowering yourself to the level of the opponents worst fans. i would just focus on the rangers and the matchup. let the haters hate in a vacuum. there is plenty of positive to enjoy.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:25 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Sergei was one of Bryan Murray's reaches. Bit of a gamble, kind of like Markov in Montreal. The difference is that Markov is good when he is not injured, Gonchar is just worn out.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
Give the guy a break, he turns 38 today lol.

I was actually curious about his age and looked up his profile... Happy Birthday to him! It's amazing looking at his injury history and how he is still playing at 38. He even had 37 points this year! He is still under contract for next season as well at a 5.5 million cap hit.
Dear God, that cap hit is brutal.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:46 AM
blueshirt4lyfe

i was late to my chem test which was at 8:30 cause i couldn't stop watching the game

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:59 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
it's not worth lowering yourself to the level of the opponents worst fans. i would just focus on the rangers and the matchup. let the haters hate in a vacuum. there is plenty of positive to enjoy.
Thanks, because Senaturds is all I could come up with, too.

As always, the best thing is to be strong and mostly silent (kind of like the best farts), and just win where it matters, on the scoreboard.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Dangleberry

I'll be honest, when we were up 3-0 I kinda just sat back in my seat and took it easy. Nonetheless, I was still criticizing the team on every turnover.

But....you guys wanna hear a joke??? The Senators are in the playoffs.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:05 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Was at the game. Couple things I noticed:

- Icing calls in the second were brutal. Sens weren't even skating hard to get them and they were being called slowly trickling over the line.

- Cally was the best player on the ice for the team, except for Hank. He was hitting everything and his goal really took a lot of the pressure off the team.

- Dubi/AA played their best games in a long time. Both made plays all over the ice and were strong in front of the net and along the boards.

- McDonagh, Staal, and surprisingly Stralman played very well for the team. Girardi was himself and DZ had some shakiness, but nothing that getting some more games in will help him with.

- Spezza/Michalek took off from the Anthems right as it was finishing and skated directly in front of the guys showing holding the flags. I thought it was disrespectful to do that. Both Spezza and Michalek were not as visible as you would think they would be.

- Gabby and Hagelin were using their speed effectively in the offensive zone. Both made strong, swift plays and resulted in goals.

- Karlsson was a non-factor tonight. He had a couple shots but they didn't allow him to be a playmaker.

1. Hank
2. Cally
3. Anisimov

HM - Boyle, Dubi, Hags, Gabby, the defense besided Bickel.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:21 AM
theJUMPER

Pretty much a perfect 2012 Rangers-style hockey win. Good sticks and coverage in their own end. A majority of the Sens shots were Scott Gomez floaters to Henrik's chest. Forechecking was incredible, as the Sens looked clueless in their own end most of the time.

My only complaint is the same complaint i have when i'm watching football games--prevent defense. As a sports fan there is nothing more that makes me want to pull my hair out. You shut the opposing team down for the majority of the game and you take your foot off the pedal. That is the only reason why the Sens got those 2 goals.

PS: At every opportunity the Rangers need to work whatever side Jared Cowen is on. He blows.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Man, this sucks. I had to get up after only 3 hours of sleep and I am already working. But it was all worth it!

Callahan was playing like a true hero and deserves the hat. Anisimov and Dubinsky were the other players getting a big thank you. Lundqvist with 30 saves was solid, but our D was not what it should be. They looked scared.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote