HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mid-game superstitions

Old
04-12-2012, 01:12 PM
rsaturday

vCash: 500
During the last 20 games or so (corresponding with the Kings playing like beasts) FSW has been playing that Jack in the Box commercial where the guy is in love with bacon. My friend and I always text each other during the game and whenever that commercial would come on, I would text to her "bacon, you look beautiful" just like the ad. She thinks I'm a dork for thinking that commercial is funny so I kinda stopped doing it for the last few games.

Last night with about 10 minutes left, I said, I'm sorry, but I have to say it for good luck...."bacon, you look beautiful!" Shortly after, Pancakes Penner scored and I told my friend not to mess with breakfast foods....

Pancakes and Bacon ftw!

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:15 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaturday View Post
During the last 20 games or so (corresponding with the Kings playing like beasts) FSW has been playing that Jack in the Box commercial where the guy is in love with bacon. My friend and I always text each other during the game and whenever that commercial would come on, I would text to her "bacon, you look beautiful" just like the ad. She thinks I'm a dork for thinking that commercial is funny so I kinda stopped doing it for the last few games.

Last night with about 10 minutes left, I said, I'm sorry, but I have to say it for good luck...."bacon, you look beautiful!" Shortly after, Pancakes Penner scored and I told my friend not to mess with breakfast foods....

Pancakes and Bacon ftw!
You know what to do tomorrow then.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaturday View Post

Pancakes and Bacon ftw!
Bacon solves all.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
rsaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
You know what to do tomorrow then.
Oh I will be on the spot, sir. I will also be at Game 3 and instead of going to ESPN Zone before the game, I'm going to IHOP.

Maybe we can get the Kings to open a pancakes and bacon booth next to the beer garden before Game 3?

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Perro

Looking at the game last night I got D-RRRRUNK during it. I ended up drinking 12 beer during the game. So maybe goign forward I need to drink 4 beer/ period.
Not sure if my wallet and my boss would be ok with it though.

Old
04-12-2012, 03:04 PM
KingsCourt

When the score was tied, I took out my jersey and put it on, then the five min pp was not going well so I took off and put it on a chair with the logo facing me...they scored and won the game...lol

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

No sex on game days.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

lol these are all ridiculous... superstitions are nonsense and people who believe in them are fools.

That said, here are mine:

1) I feel like if I do the right things on game day and take care of my priorities first (paying attention to my girlfriend, showing up for a full day at work, going the full 90 minutes at the gym, call my mom, etc) I feel like it's good karma for the Kings. If I ditch my lady or other obligations in order to watch a game I feel like it's equally bad. Sometimes recording the game on DVR is just to torturous for me and I can't do it.

2) A jersey without a name on the back is a cursed jersey and shouldn't be worn at games or on game day.

3) I often hold my breath until the Kings clear the zone at critical times in the game.

4) Remember to NEVER talk trash until the final buzzer. I think we've all learned that lesson the hard way.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
No sex on game days.
Boooo

Old
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
lol these are all ridiculous... superstitions are nonsense and people who believe in them are fools.

That said, here are mine:

1) I feel like if I do the right things on game day and take care of my priorities first (paying attention to my girlfriend, showing up for a full day at work, going the full 90 minutes at the gym, call my mom, etc) I feel like it's good karma for the Kings. If I ditch my lady or other obligations in order to watch a game I feel like it's equally bad. Sometimes recording the game on DVR is just to torturous for me and I can't do it.

2) A jersey without a name on the back is a cursed jersey and shouldn't be worn at games or on game day.

3) I often hold my breath until the Kings clear the zone at critical times in the game.

4) Remember to NEVER talk trash until the final buzzer. I think we've all learned that lesson the hard way.
In response to 4 - Nuck fans were texting me when it was 1-0 early. I still havent' responded back. I will only smack talk if/when we win the series.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
No sex on game days.
You, sir, are a devoted Kings fan.

I'm fully on the good Karma for my team deal. On game day I'm always picking up the tab, offering to run errands for friends, walking old ladies across the street, anything I can think of. Also, never, ever, skip workouts on game day. That's just asking for a loss.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:10 PM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

At home watch all the games with my cat Boogie Fever. If the Kings are losing going into intermission, wake the dog and take him for a walk leaving Boogie Fever to watch the game. If the Kings are winning going into intermission, I slip on my Spiderman underoos and do the Macarena.

The mitchrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I am not superstitious but I do believe pride comes before a fall. I try not to boast to much about the Kings if I can help it (even if i know it doesn't affect the outcome of a game) all in all what's gonna happen is going to happen.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
At home watch all the games with my cat Boogie Fever. If the Kings are losing going into intermission, wake the dog and take him for a walk leaving Boogie Fever to watch the game. If the Kings are winning going into intermission, I slip on my Spiderman underoos and do the Macarena.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I switched couches between the first and the 2nd. That seemed to help.

Also, every time I leaned back on the couch and relaxed, the Canucks pressed the attack. Determined to help, I leaned forward intently. That seemed to help too.
SAME HERE. I HAVE to lean forward if I want the Kings to get a goal and if I lean back, the other team always has pressure on us. I also only sit iny my room to watch games. Nowhere else.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
I hope the Kings win tomorrow. I really don't want to have to change my underwear.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:43 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Anyone else grow out a beard until the Kings are eliminated?

I do it every year.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Right when LA got hot I decided to not go on HF during games, must keep it up

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote