HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Sign Chris Kreider to ELC (First year of ELC active)

Old
04-12-2012, 11:39 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

04-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Dactyl*
stats are pure CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
Did anyone see Mitchell out for a shift after the 1st? He played a shade under 5 minutes tonight and I really don't see why he stays in the lineup over Kreider... I'm sure he'll remain in there tho...
thats why im asking i saw mitchell for one or two shifts tonight and he wasnt very effective its not like kreider is going to be any worse

Dactyl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
we wont see him in game 2. If we go up 3-0 I am sure they will let him get his feet wet

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id play him over Mitchell. Let him get 3-4 mins under his belt in low leverage situations (offensive zone faceoffs against the 4th line)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:46 PM
NYRKING30

the earliest we would be seeing him would prob be in ottawa imo although things change. i have full 100 percent confidence in torts to put out the best lineup as possible and make the best decisions for kreider as well as our whole team.

sooner rather than later we will see him this playoffs, they are not burning a year off his ELC for no reason.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Miller Time NYR

No shot, don't wana mess with a winning team especially in the playoffs, it sends a message of he's in there over Mitchell who although I think sucks was part of the team all season and some guys might see that as slap in the face to Mitchell and look at torts differently.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:40 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
thats why im asking i saw mitchell for one or two shifts tonight and he wasnt very effective its not like kreider is going to be any worse
Yeah, he really could. No one scored when Mitchell was on the ice. Mitchell isn't good, but it's not like he costs us anything. And Kreider has never really played in the Rangers system, while Mitchell has pretty much all year.

Kreider will get his time if we need it, but right now, we don't need it.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
He'll be in as soon as we lose a game. Hopefully we'll see him next season.
he's an improvement over Mitchell who was worse than bad tonight. We'll definitely see him next season.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Honestly. Stepan is a huge part to our offensive potential. He looks absolutely lost out there. At this point, I don't think it's about what Kreider can offer to the team energy wise, I think it's about finding Stepan someone who he feels comfortable with to get his game going.

In a sense it's adding energy to the team by adding arguably a top 3 fastest skater in the league who will play his heart out while also hopefully sparking one of our young up and coming centers.

Additionally, adding Zuke into the mix to finally fix our powerplay is key to our success later on in the playoffs.

I don't know how this is gonna work out. I like having Feds experience. I like having Rupp's toughness.

Clearly Mitchell would be 1 of the 2 scratches. He's added nothing. I don't know who would be the 2nd in the case that Kreider is called up and earns his spot and Zucc comes back healthy and returns to playing how he was at the end of the season. But I think it's imperitive to have another energy booster who hopefully gets Stepan back on track while also adding a component to fix our power play again.

As we saw today Torts doesn't play his 4th line. Besides Prust, who Torts mainly uses on the PK, the other 2 guys are non factors.

Having Zucc on that line purely for powerplay purposes I think works. I don't know who would slide down to the 4th line though. Anisimov played great tonight. Boyle's playing out of his mind. Dubi's game elevated tonight and everyone else pretty much is solidified in the top 2 lines.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

No shot...dont change a winning lineup. That being said I most definitely want him in there over mitchell, who did nothing tonight in barely any ice time and all i remember is him going offsides. Id like to see kreider on the 3rd line with dubi and boyle (nice american line, also some bc connection). But yea you cant change it, we won, it was a solid game...now on to game 2, which will most likely be same lineup.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:54 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
No shot...dont change a winning lineup. That being said I most definitely want him in there over mitchell, who did nothing tonight in barely any ice time and all i remember is him going offsides. Id like to see kreider on the 3rd line with dubi and boyle (nice american line, also some bc connection). But yea you cant change it, we won, it was a solid game...now on to game 2, which will most likely be same lineup.
3rd line absolutely kicked ass tonight, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:10 AM
The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
it is like having a brand new car in your driveway that you can't drive though.
But as it is, CK is an insurance policy should injuries arise. And maybe, just maybe, his presence is lighting a spark under the ***** of some guys who really need to pick up their game.

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:24 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
If Ottawa dresses Carkner on Saturday - we may very well see John Scott in the lineup over Kreider. Just saying

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
But as it is, CK is an insurance policy should injuries arise. And maybe, just maybe, his presence is lighting a spark under the ***** of some guys who really need to pick up their game.
as the playoffs move on I'm sure there will be an opening for him. If not, it means we're doing all the right things and winning all the right games. Win/win.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:21 AM
egelband

torts will gauge the team's mental state and do what's needed. there are arguments both ways for whether or not to play krieder. i'll just wait til they announce the lineup. i think torts isn't basing his decision wholly on wins and losses. interesting storyline though.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:12 AM
borisbewick8

if all goes to plan, Kreider won't play in these playoffs...

IMO he was only signed because of the rangers problems with depth...

IF some forwards get injured, he will be needed...

borisbewick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:29 AM
mrhockey193195

People need to remember that Kreider has not played a SINGLE PRO GAME in his life. God forbid we have some bad injury problems, I cannot imagine a situation where Kreider plays a game. I think Torts would much rather play someone from Hartford who's played in the system than Kreider in the playoffs.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:32 AM
pld459666

if all Mitchell is going to get is 5 minutes a game, in the PO's I would not have a problem giving those minutes to Kreider.

During the Reg. Season, on average, no that makes no sense, in the PO's where the intensity is higher and you get a season's worth of experience in a short 2 month run, yeah the 5 minutes a night can give you that crash course that can turn you into an NHL player real fast.

I would have no problems with inserting Kreider into the line up, that said, I can see why the move should not be made as well.

A very good problem to have.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
I think the only reason he did't play was the lack of experience practicing with the team.
I'm sure as soon as Torts feels he knows the system well enough, he'll be on the ice

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I know that no one here wants to affect chemistry but would it be really that detrimental to play him over Mitchell? He held a whopping 5 minutes of ice time.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tom Renney won't be the Oilers head coach. Tambellini wants him to reapply for the job. He told Renney to take a vacation and come up with a plan. Renney's contract expires soon. I would tell Tambellini to **** off and go find another position. Renney could get a scouting position/management position rather than coach. Tambellini has been the GM for 4 years and the team has not improved.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:29 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
People need to remember that Kreider has not played a SINGLE PRO GAME in his life. God forbid we have some bad injury problems, I cannot imagine a situation where Kreider plays a game. I think Torts would much rather play someone from Hartford who's played in the system than Kreider in the playoffs.
Kreider has played in 2 world championships against older players, many who have played in the NHL. If Torts prefered someone from Hartford over Kreider, then Kreider would be in Hartford right now.

As far as when Kreider gets into a game, it has less to do with who is getting what minutes currently than it does when Kreider is ready and Torts is confident he won't be a liability.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:36 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Does BU or Maine have guys like Erik Karlsson or Spezza or Alredsson? Who on Northeastern hits like Foligno or Chris Neil???

Kreider is fine where he is. He's should just sit back, take in the Garden when it rocks, the city in Springtime, the women, the winning, the money. The only reason why Amonte and Weight played in the Caps series was because they had depth issues and Nielson was desperate.

Kreider's got some Bay Staters to help him. Torts and Boyle will show him the ropes.

All that being said, I'm as eager as anybody to see him suit up.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:54 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I agree with what someone else said and it's been my sentiment prior to the signing, as he gets more practices and understands the system, he will play.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
he's an improvement over Mitchell who was worse than bad tonight. We'll definitely see him next season.
Mitchell plays center for us, and neither Feds, Kreider or Rupp can play that role.

Also, lets be a little realistic here, unless nothing else works and Torts with Kreider is put in kind of the same position as Renney with Korpikoski a while back, Kreider would never be given even a half big role instantly. 5-6 minutes at the most for a couple of games. Then maybe more. Look at Hagelin's ice time, and that were during the regular season.

Keep Kreider around the team. If we are put with out back against the walls, for some reason, give him a shot. Lets see what he can do. But forget about Torts putting in Kreider in like a top 9 role in a G4 if we are up 3-0 or something -- he is definitely not that good. He is definitely not so good that he would give us another dimension had he just been able to get his feet wet. He is young and developing, of course, but last year for US in the WCH's he was put in the stands for example, and the US had AHLer's basically on line 3-4. At the age of 17 AO dominated in the WCH's. So did Niklas Bäckström. Kreider at the age of 20 y/o looked out of place.

If he had been give a month or two to get going in the regular season, he might have been able to find a spot on the team. He will become a very good NHLer for us.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote