HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Sign Chris Kreider to ELC (First year of ELC active)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2012, 08:07 AM
  #551
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
If Ottawa dresses Carkner on Saturday - we may very well see John Scott in the lineup over Kreider. Just saying
John Scott isn't sniffing a game . RUPP can handle any heavy lifting needed.
I'm more worried about Chris Neil and his Cromagnatard ways then anyone else . Carkner is a liability to OTT while Neil does as much tough stuff while adding offensive ability .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:28 AM
  #552
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Mitchell plays center for us, and neither Feds, Kreider or Rupp can play that role.

Also, lets be a little realistic here, unless nothing else works and Torts with Kreider is put in kind of the same position as Renney with Korpikoski a while back, Kreider would never be given even a half big role instantly. 5-6 minutes at the most for a couple of games. Then maybe more. Look at Hagelin's ice time, and that were during the regular season.

Keep Kreider around the team. If we are put with out back against the walls, for some reason, give him a shot. Lets see what he can do. But forget about Torts putting in Kreider in like a top 9 role in a G4 if we are up 3-0 or something -- he is definitely not that good. He is definitely not so good that he would give us another dimension had he just been able to get his feet wet. He is young and developing, of course, but last year for US in the WCH's he was put in the stands for example, and the US had AHLer's basically on line 3-4. At the age of 17 AO dominated in the WCH's. So did Niklas Bäckström. Kreider at the age of 20 y/o looked out of place.

If he had been give a month or two to get going in the regular season, he might have been able to find a spot on the team. He will become a very good NHLer for us.
Kreider played in every game last year for the US. And he certainly wasn't out of place. Don't know what games you were watching. Oh, and he was 19 btw, not 20.

Comparing him to AO is ridiculous. Different players. Different development paths. Just because one player was better at a younger age doesn't mean they won't end up at the same place. And no, I'm not saying that Kreider will be as good as AO. Just saying your argument is a straw man.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:46 AM
  #553
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Hateing on Mitchell indicates to me a severe need for those to watch and learn more about hockey. He's a competent 4th line player. No more, no less. Accepts his role, works hard and contributes.

He's nowhere near the car wreck some might have you believe.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:50 AM
  #554
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
If Ottawa dresses Carkner on Saturday - we may very well see John Scott in the lineup over Kreider. Just saying
John Scott isn't sniffing a game . RUPP can handle any heavy lifting needed.
I'm more worried about Chris Neil and his Cromagnatard ways then anyone else . Carkner is a liability to OTT while Neil does as much tough stuff while adding offensive ability .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:56 AM
  #555
CapeShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
People need to remember that Kreider has not played a SINGLE PRO GAME in his life. God forbid we have some bad injury problems, I cannot imagine a situation where Kreider plays a game. I think Torts would much rather play someone from Hartford who's played in the system than Kreider in the playoffs.
CK will end up playing sooner or later. I'm thinking it is only a matter of days w/ practice time and adjustment to the transitional speed and his embracing his expected role. The kid will thrive at the pro level. He is so stong and fast w/ an extremely hard shot. Don't expect a playmaker w/ high end IQ BS....,expect one tenacious, extemely fast, hard playing 220 lb 20 yr old raw kid .

CapeShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
  #556
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
He's a fringe 4th liner on a bad team..He has no business being on out team..4th liners are grinders,scrappy and throw down..Pay the price to make a play..He is not a 4th line material..He does none of that...I can't wait until he's off the team for good.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Hateing on Mitchell indicates to me a severe need for those to watch and learn more about hockey. He's a competent 4th line player. No more, no less. Accepts his role, works hard and contributes.

He's nowhere near the car wreck some might have you believe.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
  #557
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeShamrock View Post
CK will end up playing sooner or later. I'm thinking it is only a matter of days w/ practice time and adjustment to the transitional speed and his embracing his expected role. The kid will thrive at the pro level. He is so stong and fast w/ an extremely hard shot. Don't expect a playmaker w/ high end IQ BS....,expect one tenacious, extemely fast, hard playing 220 lb 20 yr old raw kid .
Exactly. At some point this team will need more offense in order to win games. Hopefully another few days of practice is sufficient to get Torts to trust him enough to give him some minutes. It's only a matter of time before he fills in for Fedotenko Rupp or Mitchell.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  #558
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Hateing on Mitchell indicates to me a severe need for those to watch and learn more about hockey. He's a competent 4th line player. No more, no less. Accepts his role, works hard and contributes.

He's nowhere near the car wreck some might have you believe.
He used to be a competent 4th line player. What he used to do well was control the puck, not turn it over, forecheck well, make good passes, and occasionally score.

Now, the Mitchell I see, doesn't control the puck well, panics with the puck and makes turnovers, doesn't forecheck as well as he used to, and helps the other team score.

Call it late season jitters, or just a decrease in play, he's no where near the player he was for us earlier on in the season.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:44 AM
  #559
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
People need to remember that Kreider has not played a SINGLE PRO GAME in his life. God forbid we have some bad injury problems, I cannot imagine a situation where Kreider plays a game. I think Torts would much rather play someone from Hartford who's played in the system than Kreider in the playoffs.
Maybe you should start imagining game 4 or 5 then...

Just because he hasn't played a single NHL game says nothing about when he will be inserted into the lineup.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:07 AM
  #560
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 50
I'm much more worried about Kreider's defense than anything else at this point.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
  #561
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
He used to be a competent 4th line player. What he used to do well was control the puck, not turn it over, forecheck well, make good passes, and occasionally score.

Now, the Mitchell I see, doesn't control the puck well, panics with the puck and makes turnovers, doesn't forecheck as well as he used to, and helps the other team score.

Call it late season jitters, or just a decrease in play, he's no where near the player he was for us earlier on in the season.
Meh, he's been fine with his 4 minutes a game. And for the guy who thinks scott will be in the lineup lol. That guy proved he doesn't deserve to even sit in the press box. He's a joke.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
  #562
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
He's a fringe 4th liner on a bad team..He has no business being on out team..4th liners are grinders,scrappy and throw down..Pay the price to make a play..He is not a 4th line material..He does none of that...I can't wait until he's off the team for good.
You're making him out to be EC with less skill. Mitchell is serviceable on the fourth line, people just want to put Kreider in over him because he's the shiny new toy. I want him playing too, don't get me wrong, but these are not ideal conditions to get a rookie going. He's here for injury depth or if someone has a terrible, bench worthy game.

This is why I was so pissed BC didn't get eliminated earlier. Had Kreider had just a few regular season games in him the Rangers could gave worked things out before the playoffs.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
  #563
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Hateing on Mitchell indicates to me a severe need for those to watch and learn more about hockey. He's a competent 4th line player. No more, no less. Accepts his role, works hard and contributes.

He's nowhere near the car wreck some might have you believe.
your post is kind of insulting. Mitchell is ragged on because his play is disintegrating with every game. He started as a solid 3-4 liner and now he's playing hockey that would most likely be scrutinized in the AHL. For the most part he's just a ghost at best. When you do notice him it's because of a play that leaves you shaking your head. Not for this team.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
  #564
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
your post is kind of insulting. Mitchell is ragged on because his play is disintegrating with every game. He started as a solid 3-4 liner and now he's playing hockey that would most likely be scrutinized in the AHL. For the most part he's just a ghost at best. When you do notice him it's because of a play that leaves you shaking your head. Not for this team.
Everyone is hating on Mitchell because he isn't producing stats at this point. Well I mean that is kind of difficult when you play 5 minutes a game like last night. I don't disagree that Kreider would add more, but hating on Mitchell because he hasn't been producing is unfair. And by no means am I a huge Mitchell supporter, and at somepoint would like to see what Kreids can add to the team.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
  #565
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Mitchell is fine on the 4th line; anything higher and he'd be playing outside of his abilities.

He does try and stickhandle too much, so if he could tone that down, he'd be a much more effective player.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
  #566
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 1,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'm much more worried about Kreider's defense than anything else at this point.
Huh, he was very defensively responsible. Defense is not even close to being a knock on Kreider's skillset.

If you watched any of his games it was the inability to pass him the puck on a breakout or his inability to get it that was the problem. Not his defense. He was always back in the zone in position.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
  #567
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbewick8 View Post
if all goes to plan, Kreider won't play in these playoffs...
there is definite logic there...if he doesn't play because everyone remains healthy, we are winning and don't need a spark those are good things

but i'd still hate to burn year 1 of his contract just so he can practice with the team...ahl playoffs start next week, if CK isn't going to get into the rangers lineup then I'd really like to see him sent to hartford to play and get experience there. then if we need him he can be recalled

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
  #568
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Everyone is hating on Mitchell because he isn't producing stats at this point. Well I mean that is kind of difficult when you play 5 minutes a game like last night. I don't disagree that Kreider would add more, but hating on Mitchell because he hasn't been producing is unfair. And by no means am I a huge Mitchell supporter, and at somepoint would like to see what Kreids can add to the team.
Yeah, but not producing points and having other strengths is fine. Mitchell makes bad plays and tries to dangle when he has no business doing so. At first it was cute and funny and everyone called him Johhny Malkin but now every game means everything and his hockey IQ is -20. It's frustrating. He's not the worst player but saying that people who don't like him need to learn more about hockey is just an ignorant post.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
  #569
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,413
vCash: 500
The Mitchell hate is bordering ridiculous. He's fine on the 4th line. How much offensive contribution do you really expect from a 4th liner? Sure his play has dropped off somewhat but he's still competent for his 5 minutes a game.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  #570
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Yeah, but not producing points and having other strengths is fine. Mitchell makes bad plays and tries to dangle when he has no business doing so. At first it was cute and funny and everyone called him Johhny Malkin but now every game means everything and his hockey IQ is -20. It's frustrating. He's not the worst player but saying that people who don't like him need to learn more about hockey is just an ignorant post.
I never said that? Not sure if your referring to the poster before me or what not. I mean of course I agree with you in a sense, Johnny likes to dangle when he gets the opportunity, but for 4-5 mins a game its not going to kill us when he fails to dangle an opponent that one time when he gets the puck. I am definitely getting tired of Mitchell and would like to see him sat, but we could have MUCH worse problems at this point in the season right now.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:44 AM
  #571
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I never said that? Not sure if your referring to the poster before me or what not. I mean of course I agree with you in a sense, Johnny likes to dangle when he gets the opportunity, but for 4-5 mins a game its not going to kill us when he fails to dangle an opponent that one time when he gets the puck. I am definitely getting tired of Mitchell and would like to see him sat, but we could have MUCH worse problems at this point in the season right now.
haha not you my man. i was worried you were going to think that. the post you quoted me originally was in response to another post by someone else who was saying that.

i agree with what you are saying.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
  #572
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
The Mitchell hate is bordering ridiculous. He's fine on the 4th line. How much offensive contribution do you really expect from a 4th liner? Sure his play has dropped off somewhat but he's still competent for his 5 minutes a game.
We just want to see Kreider.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:02 AM
  #573
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Like to see Kreider in limited minutes and 2 nd unit PP time , which incidentally actsully looked like it got the better chances yesterday and scored the BB goal on the same possession even though the PP expired

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
  #574
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Yeah, but not producing points and having other strengths is fine. Mitchell makes bad plays and tries to dangle when he has no business doing so. At first it was cute and funny and everyone called him Johhny Malkin but now every game means everything and his hockey IQ is -20. It's frustrating. He's not the worst player but saying that people who don't like him need to learn more about hockey is just an ignorant post.

Agree with this, as a 4th liner its his job to make sure nothing happens, not make something happen.

I will give him credit for his effort, but a successful **** for this line is keeping everything status quo, and maybe dumping the puck into the other teams zone a couple of times.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
  #575
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Heard CK was watching and rooting for Boston in the press box .... Just kidding LGR !!!
Hoping we see the kid soon !!

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.