HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa

Old
04-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Cally with SEVEN hits, and a goal.

How could you not love our Captain?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:35 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Cally with SEVEN hits, and a goal.

How could you not love our Captain?
And some of those hits weren't small bumps. Oh, no! Not only did my TV reverberate, but I felt them!

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:36 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Sens board seems to think that the game was really close and that the Rangers weren't/aren't that good.
They're not that good. Advanced stats say the Rangers are just lucky.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Anisimov's best game this season. Amazing what happens when you play involved.

2 great "plays" that need to be mentioned:

1) Boyle taking Karlsson off the ice on matching minors

2) Rupp taking Neil off the ice for 10 mins in the 3rd

04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Anisimov's best game this season. Amazing what happens when you play involved.

2 great "plays" that need to be mentioned:

1) Boyle taking Karlsson off the ice on matching minors

2) Rupp taking Neil off the ice for 10 mins in the 3rd
Agreed, both of those plays were huge for us.

The time out was key. They completely took over the game at that point. I just don't like the way they let off the pedal in the latter half of the 3rd.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I just don't like the way they let off the pedal in the latter half of the 3rd.
In the end I think that might be a good thing. Instead of patting themselves on the back until Saturday about how they shut out the Sens, they got a reminder of how quickly the Sens can strike and how they need to stay on top of them no matter what.

I think it helps prepare them for the next game

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:27 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
They're not that good. Advanced stats say the Rangers are just lucky.
Let everyone keeps saying were not that good, I love it, just like when they thought we would barely make the playoffs again this year! They all say the Blues and Canucks are supposed to be great an look what happened to them in game 1.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
This is ridiculous. Every team in the playoffs this year deserves to be here.

Call it luck. Call it being better. I don't care. We got the job done yesterday and I'm happy about that.

Do whatever it takes to win. 1 down 15 more to go.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
NYRSchrute217

Thoughts:

-MSG was loud as usual during the playoffs, I'm impressed. But when nothing's going on you can hear a pin drop. I think we need to do a better job to keep encouraging the players in game 2.

-Ottawa outplayed us in the first 30 minutes, but the next 15 showed why the Rangers will win this series. Puck possession needs to be better, in general though

-McDonagh's penalty was a terrible call

-Ottawa played a strong game. I'm impressed

-Boyle, Hank, Callahan, Anisimov...fantastic. Del Zotto can be better. Stepan looked atrocious

-Stralman looked composed, let's see more of that.

Overall a well played game, onto game 2 where we'll hopefully play better than last night. If we do, we'll be heading to Ottawa with a nice 2-0 lead.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:05 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I wish Boyle would learn how to check someone the proper way. The man does not take the body well at all. He throews these soft arkward hits that do nothing.
Really? Not really sure what game you were watching but the past 6 games or so Boyle has been laying everyone out and finishing his checks whether its "proper" in your mind or not. It's not as easy to knock a guy on his ass everytime as it may seem.

Anyone else think Bickel looked really bad in limited minutes? I've never been huge on Bickel, but would not mind seeing Eminger soon, as he was a horse last playoffs.
- Does anyone else ever notice that Feds is ALWAYS on the ground? The guy works hard but can never stay on his feet lol

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I wish Boyle would learn how to check someone the proper way. The man does not take the body well at all. He throews these soft arkward hits that do nothing.
Boyle has arguably been our best overall player the last handful of games.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Really? Not really sure what game you were watching but the past 6 games or so Boyle has been laying everyone out and finishing his checks whether its "proper" in your mind or not. It's not as easy to knock a guy on his ass everytime as it may seem.

Anyone else think Bickel looked really bad in limited minutes? I've never been huge on Bickel, but would not mind seeing Eminger soon, as he was a horse last playoffs.
- Does anyone else ever notice that Feds is ALWAYS on the ground? The guy works hard but can never stay on his feet lol
Feds made one of the plays of the game when he dove to break up that pass in the defensive zone, and played very well overall last night

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Feds made one of the plays of the game when he dove to break up that pass in the defensive zone, and played very well overall last night
Wasn't knocking the guy by any means, I love his effort but he is legit always on the ground (usually from being knocked over), or taking a stick to the face, guy is a warrior.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I have a friend in Ottawa who is a Bruins fan. He calls the Senators, the Janitors...
Most Leaf fans use "Senaturds".

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I don't know why everyone is so happy. Its clear that we didn't win this game. Ottawa beat themselves. NYR need not have shown up at all.

04-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Boyle has been great the past 10 games or so.

Really heating up; Anisimov played his best game I've seen in a while.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Boyle has been great the past 10 games or so.

Really heating up; Anisimov played his best game I've seen in a while.
This.

Watched the game with a few of my roomates last night and they kept saying "that #42 guy is fkin awesome", which was great to hear for Anisimov. Always been a big believer in Ani and if he can keep it going at that pace then that will only help us make this run a little longer.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
NikC

Rangers not good enough?

just to address the comments by sens fans and the hockey community in general about how close this game was, and how we're not that good...

This NYR team is truely a team product. Even though we have star forwards in Gaborik and Richards, you rarely see the rangers "dominate" opponents, (outside of lundqvist of course)
even when we win.

The only team we've really "handled" this year were the Flyers, and even then, there were times that we looked pinned down for long stretches. I think this is why that when we beat other teams, their fans are left feeling like their team still "could've won". they feel cheated somehow.

Last edited by NikC: 04-13-2012 at 10:46 AM.
NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:48 AM
nyrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
In the end I think that might be a good thing. Instead of patting themselves on the back until Saturday about how they shut out the Sens, they got a reminder of how quickly the Sens can strike and how they need to stay on top of them no matter what.

I think it helps prepare them for the next game
I think it's a good general reminder that you have to keep playing hard for all 60 minutes.

I respect the Sens for how they handled us in the regular season, but all this talk about how they are a quick-strike scoring team should be tempered by how they also are a quick-strike goal allowing team.

I also think that this "moral victory" for scoring two late goals is kind of a joke. It won't mean a thing come Saturday.

As far as the Sens giving the game away, well, they were 24th in goals against. That's what they do and often. Didn't they finish the season by going 4-7 in April, too?

Anyway, there are no easy games in the playoffs. I'm confident as long as we continue to play our game like we have for most of the season. The key is getting secondary scoring.

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I can understand how someone might look at this game and think the Rangers didn't play all that well. However, what people don't realize is that this is how this Rangers team wins games when they're at their best. Give the opposition some chances, but not very many spectacular ones. Bend, don't break. Then capitalize when the opponent inevitably gives you a chance. This game seemed very much to me like the games we played in December. We do a little bit of a rope-a-dope with teams early and are good enough defensively and have good enough goaltending that it doesn't usually hurt us.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Tuna99

Gotta say I expected more from the Senators but was super impressed at how the Rangers took basically the entire center of the ice away from Ottawa.

Great game plan against Karlsson and Spezza - they were dominated most of the game.

But I don't expect your top players to be as open as they were in Game 1 in Game 2. I think Ottawa will tighten up and expect a closer game.

Full marks to Torterella, the NYR played their game and Ottawa couldn't get theirs going because Karlsson was dominated.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
ThirdEye

Rangers had a 8-9/10 time of game... nearly perfect. Trust me, if we weren't leading by 4 goals we wouldn't have fallen asleep there at the end a little and allow Ottawa those opportunities. It's only natural to fall back a little when you have such a huge lead

I don't care what Ottawa fans say... it was pretty damn clear who the better team was. Not saying Ottawa is out of it, but it's going to be damn tough for them to beat this team.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Let everyone keeps saying were not that good, I love it, just like when they thought we would barely make the playoffs again this year! They all say the Blues and Canucks are supposed to be great an look what happened to them in game 1.
I love us being taken lightly. People refuse to believe that we're actually good. Fine with me. Let them underestimate us. They won't know what hit them.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
just to address the comments by sens fans and the hockey community in general about how close this game was, and how we're not that good...

This NYR team is truely a team product. Even though we have star forwards in Gaborik and Richards, you rarely see the rangers "dominate" opponents, (outside of lundqvist of course)
even when we win.

The only team we've really "handled" this year were the Flyers, and even then, there were times that we looked pinned down for long stretches. I think this is why that when we beat other teams, their fans are left feeling like their team still "could've won". they feel cheated somehow.
The Rangers play a style that makes the game seem closer than it actually is. The opponent gets lots of shots off, but hardly any of them get through. They spend a lot of time in our zone, but they're kept to the perimeter and low scoring areas.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
1. Callahan
2. Arty
3. Henrik

HM goes to Prust and McDonagh

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote