HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks @ Coyotes Game 1

Old
04-13-2012, 09:14 AM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
yea that's a sweet plan, lets just put bruno in the top 6 because we refuse to admit he was a bad signing.

He's sucked all year and its not just going to magically change because we want it to.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
no they don't, they need to just play smarter. stop trying to carry the puck into the zone every time, stop making risky passes, and fix the ****** lines.
No they don't what? Phoenix was red hot coming in to this series. What did you people expect?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
madgoat33

the only damage bollig does is to my brain trying to figure out why he's a hockey player and not a boxer/cagefighter/fratbro

Old
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Not all that worried. I thought the Hawks played a "dumb" game. Stupid turnovers, sloppy passes, bad shots, etc.. Phoenix is good at clogging up the neutral zone and making things frustrating. They have good goaltending and not much else. They don't have much for scoring threats. They hope for mistakes and capitalize on them. They got some real good breaks last night...not saying they were lucky, they just did what they had to do to win...good goaltending and capitalized on mistakes.

Ice was bad last night...puck bouncing all over the place. A lot of guys struggled keeping it on the stick.

How freakin hard is it to get the puck into the zone on a powerplay? Brutal zone entry...no puck support.

Didn't look at the stats, but pretty sure we got worked in the faceoff circle. Lost most of the important draws anyways.

Leddy doesn't seem ready for playoffs yet. He seems scared in the corners. Doesn't go in with authority, just seems hesitant to engage the puck. Play gets tougher in the corners in the playoffs and you have to be stronger on the puck. A few times last night I was yelling at him to man up. He would go in softly and lose a puck battle he should have won.

Hawks will get better as the series goes on.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
No they don't what? Phoenix was red hot coming in to this series. What did you people expect?
we aren't going to have to "scratch and claw". We looked pretty horrible all night and still took the game to OT. If we play better we should win the series. We aren't going to roll them over or anything, but it shouldn't be as tough as you are making it sound.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Sarava

Quote:
we aren't going to have to "scratch and claw". We looked pretty horrible all night and still took the game to OT. If we play better we should win the series. We aren't going to roll them over or anything, but it shouldn't be as tough as you are making it sound.
Hope you're right. The Hawks have won 1 of 5 games against Phoenix this year. Every game has been a battle, and the last 4 have ended up as L's.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
Not all that worried. I thought the Hawks played a "dumb" game. Stupid turnovers, sloppy passes, bad shots, etc.. Phoenix is good at clogging up the neutral zone and making things frustrating. They have good goaltending and not much else. They don't have much for scoring threats. They hope for mistakes and capitalize on them. They got some real good breaks last night...not saying they were lucky, they just did what they had to do to win...good goaltending and capitalized on mistakes.

Ice was bad last night...puck bouncing all over the place. A lot of guys struggled keeping it on the stick.

How freakin hard is it to get the puck into the zone on a powerplay? Brutal zone entry...no puck support.

Didn't look at the stats, but pretty sure we got worked in the faceoff circle. Lost most of the important draws anyways.

Leddy doesn't seem ready for playoffs yet. He seems scared in the corners. Doesn't go in with authority, just seems hesitant to engage the puck. Play gets tougher in the corners in the playoffs and you have to be stronger on the puck. A few times last night I was yelling at him to man up. He would go in softly and lose a puck battle he should have won.

Hawks will get better as the series goes on.
Yet they oustscored the Hawks with their leading scorer out for most of the game.

Leddy played well, Oduya and O'Donell were, I don't know, I think still in Chicago because I didn't see them on the ice last night and Hammer was busy creating scoring chances for the Yotes.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

One thing the Hawks have to start doing is either using the lob dump or ringing it high off the glass. Can't let Smith get to the puck, and he did last night cause everything was on the boards.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Hayes in for Bollig, Frolik in for Brunette

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
One thing the Hawks have to start doing is either using the lob dump or ringing it high off the glass. Can't let Smith get to the puck, and he did last night cause everything was on the boards.
I thought there were a couple chances for Smith to botch one.

Hawks played a pretty horrid game overall and still only lost in OT. We have seen this team come out night and day after a bad game sometimes. Let's hope they do it again.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
Hayes in for Bollig, Frolik in for Brunette
Yeah I have to agree with this. The 4th line was just bad last night. Did Brunette ever touch the puck that entire game?

Bollig didn't even look to hit anyone. Hayes can lay a hit if he needs to, and Frolik, for all of his scoring troubles, can at least keep up with the pace of the game and play adequately in the defensive zone. The Hawks can't afford to revert to rolling 3 lines for the entirety of 3rd periods and potential OT periods in this series. They looked pretty dead at the end of the game last night.

All this talk of switching up the lines.....I don't know, the team still generated quite a bit of offense 5-on-5 last night. Yeah 2nd line was a bit off but they have been so good lately, that I think you give them another game to get going again. 1st line created a lot of good chances. I understand the reasoning of getting Hossa on a line with Sharp and letting him carry the puck some more to get him into the game a bit better, but I just don't think the forward lines were a big issue. It certainly wasn't what led to the countless turnovers last night.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:23 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Still can't believe that too many men penalty. The guy that jumped on early was the one that played and kept the puck in.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
madgoat33

they also let like 5 hooking/holding calls go

edit: against both teams.

And yea that was a blown call, but for god sakes, how many **** clearing attempts and bad breakout passes can a team make?

I have to say, not calling blatant hooks/holds is a huge problem to me. Its like the NHL wants to go back to clutch and grab.

Last edited by madgoat33: 04-13-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Hayes or Frolik needs to draw in for Brunette

He is finished

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Can't say I'm shocked by everyone melting down on this team. Embarrassed? Disgusted?

Smith had 43 saves and looked fantastic. In order for Phoenix to win this series Smith MUST play this well every game.

The hawks did a great job defensively in the 1st half. They were clearing pucks out of in front of Crawford, taking away passing lanes, and clearing pucks out of the zone.

They did a great job all game putting pucks on net. Forcing 2nd and 3rd chances all night long.

The turnovers and constant icings killed us. Absolutely killed us. That can't happen anymore.

Kruger needs to get out of the 2C role.

Stalberg-Toews-Sharp
Hayes-Kane-Hossa

Let's you keep our 3rd and 4th lines together.

*hawks also had an abnormally terrible night at the dot. I can't see that happening throughout the series.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hayes or Frolik needs to draw in for Brunette

He is finished
They both should be in. Bollig can go too. Hayes can lay the hits and at least can also play a little bit of hockey and play the puck possession game a bit.

Bollig isn't needed in this series. Hawks don't need him to be out there. Yes the Coyotes played a physical game last night but it wasn't even close to dirty, ever. Hammer, Seabs, Bickell, maybe Hayes if he's in, Mayers, Shaw need to get out there and up the physicality on the Hawks' end.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:42 AM
madgoat33

Smith looked good, but I wouldn't say fantastic. He wasn't really challenged much in those 40+ saves. Just a lot of shots right into his stomach and pads. Not to mention that hilariously weak goal he gave up to toews.

Gotta start pickin corners on him.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Shaw seemed like one of the few Hawks that realized it was a playoff game. Team could learn something from his effort and that's sad with the experience on the Hawks.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Smith looked good, but I wouldn't say fantastic. He wasn't really challenged much in those 40+ saves. Just a lot of shots right into his stomach and pads. Not to mention that hilariously weak goal he gave up to toews.

Smith worked his ass off all night. If you watched that entire game and honestly think Smith wasn't great, then I don't know what to tell you.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:

Don't know if I'd totally agree with this. I mean, the guy is huge. If you are going to be looking to the top corner on every shot, then some are going to end up in his chest, and most are going to go high and wide. Yes, if you are all alone then I'd say you gotta start shooting high, but if you can get more bodies to the net, low and off the pads IMO. All goalies make mistakes, the more shots that are on goal, the better chance a soft one gets through. Hawks got 45 shots through, and I'd say the two goals were on potential "mistakes" by Smith. Kane's shot before the Seabs goal seemed to deflect under his arm before going off the post and was probably a save he usually makes with no rebound.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:02 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Don't know if I'd totally agree with this. I mean, the guy is huge. If you are going to be looking to the top corner on every shot, then some are going to end up in his chest, and most are going to go high and wide. Yes, if you are all alone then I'd say you gotta start shooting high, but if you can get more bodies to the net, low and off the pads IMO. All goalies make mistakes, the more shots that are on goal, the better chance a soft one gets through. Hawks got 45 shots through, and I'd say the two goals were on potential "mistakes" by Smith. Kane's shot before the Seabs goal seemed to deflect under his arm before going off the post and was probably a save he usually makes with no rebound.
He goes down extremely early, if we have open looks we shouldn't be trying to beat him low. Outside of open looks, the dmen getting the puck on net would be nice. Though, I saw seabrook was credited with like 6-7 sog's which surprised me. Keith and Oduya wouldn't have hit water if they fell out of a boat though.

Also, rebounds are really nice and all, but our net presence is generally so hilariously bad that they get swept away by the defense with little trouble. More consistent net presence is also going to be huge going forward.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

^ Hawks need to get traffic and dirty goals against him Smith.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Can't say I'm shocked by everyone melting down on this team. Embarrassed? Disgusted?

Smith had 43 saves and looked fantastic. In order for Phoenix to win this series Smith MUST play this well every game.

The hawks did a great job defensively in the 1st half. They were clearing pucks out of in front of Crawford, taking away passing lanes, and clearing pucks out of the zone.

They did a great job all game putting pucks on net. Forcing 2nd and 3rd chances all night long.

The turnovers and constant icings killed us. Absolutely killed us. That can't happen anymore.

Kruger needs to get out of the 2C role.

Stalberg-Toews-Sharp
Hayes-Kane-Hossa

Let's you keep our 3rd and 4th lines together.

*hawks also had an abnormally terrible night at the dot. I can't see that happening throughout the series.
He has done this most of the season, and certainly at an abnormally high level the past 7 games. I don't know why you think he can't do it 3 more times.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss
Kruger is better offensively than Stalberg
What are you smoking? Please hook me up!

Kruger should be no where near the top 6, where as Stalberg most certainly should be there. Stalbergs speed alone earns him that, Kruger does nothing well offensively.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
madgoat33

Because every goalie who plays in phoenix gets inflated stats and then the team loses in the playoffs.

Its a pattern and I sure hope were not the team that they change it against.