HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Balej met Jagr and Lundvist

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2006, 08:30 PM
  #1
The Dawg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: South Africa
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Balej met Jagr and Lundvist

Give us some details! we'll stay on subject and wont get out of hand this time

The Dawg* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
  #2
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Jagr, Prucha and Lundqvist will also be appearing at some Ice Cream shop called Last Licks on March 19th.

http://www.lastlicks.net/

IT GOES TO CHARITY.

Had to note that.

Im been thinking about going to that...its kinda pricey but since it does go to charity.....plus they have these nice huge photos you can get signed (i got Lundqvist's autograph at another Last-Licks a few weeks back)...and damn does it look good on my wall

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 08:42 PM
  #3
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Jagr, Prucha and Lundqvist will also be appearing at some Ice Cream shop called Last Licks on March 19th.

http://www.lastlicks.net/

IT GOES TO CHARITY.

Had to note that.
They will be appearing at Last Licks in Westchester...Jim (FLY) you should go check them out if its around your area.

BTW, you may wanna change the title of this thread...it kinda sounds like the start of some joke ...Balej walked into a bar and saw Jagr and Lundqvist sitting drinking...You may wanna say Balej20 lol

Anyway, Jagr doesn't really talk much at all, I shook his hand and said good luck and he said thank you, I also told him he did a nice job on Mike and the Mad Dog and he laughed...Lundqvist is much more receptive to conversation. I congratulated him on his Gold Medal, asked him how he liked NY, he says he loves it. He really thinks the Rangers have a shot to win it all this year and I told him to bring home the cup. I told him that if he could win in NY, he will be absolutely adored by the fans forever. It was so funny, I'm walking through the mall next to HENRIK LUNDQVIST talking to the guy, and NO ONE realizes it. Anyway, it was a great exp. and I will be returning in two weeks to get my Prucha jersey signed by the man himself!

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 08:45 PM
  #4
NYR fan 2
Registered User
 
NYR fan 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
on that site...

Petr Prucha
NY Rangers Superstar


damn does that look good

NYR fan 2 is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 08:58 PM
  #5
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
LOL I went to edit my post and clicked on "delete" my mistake!

But yeah, go Jagr and Lundy with all these autograph signings!!

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 09:27 PM
  #6
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
They will be appearing at Last Licks in Westchester...Jim (FLY) you should go check them out if its around your area.

BTW, you may wanna change the title of this thread...it kinda sounds like the start of some joke ...Balej walked into a bar and saw Jagr and Lundqvist sitting drinking...You may wanna say Balej20 lol

Anyway, Jagr doesn't really talk much at all, I shook his hand and said good luck and he said thank you, I also told him he did a nice job on Mike and the Mad Dog and he laughed...Lundqvist is much more receptive to conversation. I congratulated him on his Gold Medal, asked him how he liked NY, he says he loves it. He really thinks the Rangers have a shot to win it all this year and I told him to bring home the cup. I told him that if he could win in NY, he will be absolutely adored by the fans forever. It was so funny, I'm walking through the mall next to HENRIK LUNDQVIST talking to the guy, and NO ONE realizes it. Anyway, it was a great exp. and I will be returning in two weeks to get my Prucha jersey signed by the man himself!


I have come to a conclusion regarding Jagr this year after following him closely, you are right he does not talk that much but what I get annoyed with is that the media somehow uses that to potrait him as this selfish primadonna.
I say its he suffers from what most Czech born players suffer from, despite them spending many years in north America, he is just not comfortable with his English.
I am not sure the exact reason for it but I dont think I have ever heard a Czech born player get rid of that dialect, the Russians can almost get their dialect out but I think its really difficult for Czech born persons and therefore they feel uncomfortable. But after following Jagr you can see that once he does talk he seems like a really nice guy with plenty of humour to go around.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
  #7
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
jagr's in the brown jacket, lundqvist is next to him


Last edited by in the hall: 08-07-2006 at 02:11 AM.
in the hall is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:09 AM
  #8
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
jagr's in the brown jacket, lundqvist is next to him
I have better pics on my phone,...i just gotta figure out how to upload them onto here...Anyone know how i could do that?

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 10:00 AM
  #9
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
when you post a reply, below the submit reply button theres a button that says manage attachments click that and it should be simple enough from there

heres the bigger one of that


Last edited by in the hall: 08-07-2006 at 02:11 AM.
in the hall is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
  #10
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
when you post a reply, below the submit reply button theres a button that says manage attachments click that and it should be simple enough from there

heres the bigger one of that
no no, i meant how to get it from my phone onto my comp..

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
  #11
Nemchinov13
Registered User
 
Nemchinov13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Gravesend
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I have better pics on my phone,...i just gotta figure out how to upload them onto here...Anyone know how i could do that?
select a picture from your phone, and send message to your email account. Then work with it just like with any other picture.

Nemchinov13 is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 05:59 PM
  #12
The Dawg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: South Africa
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
They will be appearing at Last Licks in Westchester...Jim (FLY) you should go check them out if its around your area.

BTW, you may wanna change the title of this thread...it kinda sounds like the start of some joke ...Balej walked into a bar and saw Jagr and Lundqvist sitting drinking...You may wanna say Balej20 lol

Anyway, Jagr doesn't really talk much at all, I shook his hand and said good luck and he said thank you, I also told him he did a nice job on Mike and the Mad Dog and he laughed...Lundqvist is much more receptive to conversation. I congratulated him on his Gold Medal, asked him how he liked NY, he says he loves it. He really thinks the Rangers have a shot to win it all this year and I told him to bring home the cup. I told him that if he could win in NY, he will be absolutely adored by the fans forever. It was so funny, I'm walking through the mall next to HENRIK LUNDQVIST talking to the guy, and NO ONE realizes it. Anyway, it was a great exp. and I will be returning in two weeks to get my Prucha jersey signed by the man himself!
yeah i was thinking the same thing right after i created the thread title. i was gonna add "the 20" but i was too lazy. lol

The Dawg* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.