Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Well, players don't exactly like Edmonton. Heatley refused to go there. Nylander made a verbal agreement, and changed his mind. The decent players that they've accumulated is for the most part through the draft.
worrisome for some of us who believe our nice group of prospects and the bright future they imply would be a draw for an established star FA. Or maybe the organization just has a really really bad reputation among players.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
worrisome for some of us who believe our nice group of prospects and the bright future they imply would be a draw for an established star FA. Or maybe the organization just has a really really bad reputation among players.
I'm sure players notice how this is a franchise where goal scorers go to die. It doesn't matter who's coach or GM, it's simply in the blood. Players had been given free will at times (since JL left) to go offense or bust, but they just can't do it.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhl1674 View Post
i'm sure players notice how this is a franchise where goal scorers go to die. it doesn't matter who's coach or gm, it's simply in the blood. Players had been given free will at times (since jl left) to go offense or bust, but they just can't do it.
*insert mikko koivu comment to the ire of oth*

Old
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I think he's not very good with English and people are misinterpreting what he meant to say.

To me, it sounds like he just wants Edmonton to keep him in the NHL.
He was squeezed out by all the high draftees, now Yakupov...

Considering the response by Tambellini, it's definitely him asking for a trade.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
nickschultzfan

What about Bouchard (if healthy) for Mike Green if the Wild miss out on Suter, Carle, and Wideman on July 1?

Green needs a change of scenary bad.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
What about Bouchard (if healthy) for Mike Green if the Wild miss out on Suter, Carle, and Wideman on July 1?

Green needs a change of scenary bad.
I don't think that it's possible for Bouchard to be healthy enough for any team to offer value for him. I wouldn't mind a trade for Green, but I can't imagine any way that Washington would even consider that deal with Bouchard's injury history.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
mnwildgophers

I'm sure we're going to be targeting to make a big trade if we don't get a Parise or Suter. I wonder who would be available that we could get. I'm not sure how keen I am on trading our prospects or picks. I'm thinking the trading thing should only happen if a good deal comes along because I don't think there's any way we can get a good player without giving up a Coyle or Granlund. I'm thinking our only "untouchables" are Granlund, Coyle, and Brodin.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Bouchard alone doesn't come close to Mike Green. Bouchard + 1st maybe.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:49 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I'm sure we're going to be targeting to make a big trade if we don't get a Parise or Suter. I wonder who would be available that we could get. I'm not sure how keen I am on trading our prospects or picks. I'm thinking the trading thing should only happen if a good deal comes along because I don't think there's any way we can get a good player without giving up a Coyle or Granlund. I'm thinking our only "untouchables" are Granlund, Coyle, and Brodin.
I don't think that's the case at all. Fletcher seems to be content to just build from within. The only name player I can see us trading is Clutterbuck (well, Latendresse's RFA rights are on the board too, but I don't think that qualifies). I don't think Fletcher would move any of our blue chip prospects at this point either because they just don't have the value to other teams that they have to us.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I don't think that's the case at all. Fletcher seems to be content to just build from within. The only name player I can see us trading is Clutterbuck (well, Latendresse's RFA rights are on the board too, but I don't think that qualifies). I don't think Fletcher would move any of our blue chip prospects at this point either because they just don't have the value to other teams that they have to us.
He did make a big splash last summer, but I just think he's going to want to swing a trade for a bigger guy to help with scoring. He's not afraid to pull the trigger, it wouldn't surprise me to see him deal something away.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:06 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
He did make a big splash last summer, but I just think he's going to want to swing a trade for a bigger guy to help with scoring. He's not afraid to pull the trigger, it wouldn't surprise me to see him deal something away.
He made a splash last summer because he wanted to rebuild the prospect pool. Burns was a potential complete loss if no action was taken right then, so he was proactive about it. Havlat-Heatley was a lateral move. This year, we don't have the same desperate need, and we don't have the same "potentially lost for nothing" sort of piece as Burns. If someone approaches Fletcher with a big splash deal, I'm sure he'll consider it. However, I don't think he'll be looking around trying to make that happen; it'll only happen if someone else approaches him.

Old
04-15-2012, 06:36 PM
se7en
infamous...

Total, Total stretch but on the CBS boards pens fans are saying they should trade Malkin for prospects & picks to strengthen their D & restart a youth movement & dump 9 million in salary.. I know its just angry fan talk but just for fun what would a trade package be for him?

Minnesota's 1st this year & next our 2nd & Coyle?

Minnesota's 1st, 2nd, Granlund & Clutterbuck?

I honestly dont even know what would be worth giving up to aquire him but if you could pull a trade that lets us keep Granlund that would be EPIC.

If you got Malkin, Parise would probably be super interested in coming.

Malkin, Parise, Koivu, Heatley, Setoguchi & Granlund as a top 6.

Thats a top 6 to drool about...

Don't think it would happen in a million years but still curious.. haha

GMCF & the Penguins do have a history & CF wants to show we're serious about winning.. hahaha

Old
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Bringing in a high-caliber player such as Malkin seems like a double-edged sword. We would have to mortgage our future and present just to bring him in - then we have to consider the possibility that he doesn't like it here, doesn't develop chemistry with anyone, doesn't like the management, or doesn't mesh with our team's style of play.

tl;dr - His value is way too high.

Old
04-15-2012, 07:24 PM
forthewild

Quote:
He made a splash last summer because he wanted to rebuild the prospect pool. Burns was a potential complete loss if no action was taken right then, so he was proactive about it. Havlat-Heatley was a lateral move. This year, we don't have the same desperate need, and we don't have the same "potentially lost for nothing" sort of piece as Burns. If someone approaches Fletcher with a big splash deal, I'm sure he'll consider it. However, I don't think he'll be looking around trying to make that happen; it'll only happen if someone else approaches him.
Agree with alk but gmcf not approaching anyone, while i agree he wont be working the lines i think after free agency he might inquire about moving a forward for a youngish d with room to grow. Tho i think for this situation to happen something else will trigger it.

Old
04-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Maybe this trade makes sense to you guys but I see no reason for the Wild to do it at this current time:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1168997

Old
04-18-2012, 12:58 PM
tyratoku

In a Value of: Brooks Orpik thread, I offered Setoguchi + a 2nd for my favorite player in the NHL. Pitts fans seem to like the idea so far.

Thoughts?

Old
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Ice box hockey

In the value of the 1st overall thread someone offered our first round, brodin and granlund for it. Anyone else think that is a pretty bad deal for us?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1150315&page=9

Old
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

That is a terrible idea. UGH!

Old
04-18-2012, 02:10 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice box hockey View Post
In the value of the 1st overall thread someone offered our first round, brodin and granlund for it. Anyone else think that is a pretty bad deal for us?
Definitely not worth it, I'm pretty high on Brodin, it'd take a lot for me to want to trade him.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Why of course we'll trade our 1st rd pick, Clutter, and Harding for Phaneuf.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1169643

Old
04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice box hockey View Post
Are you sure that's not an "OR" instead of "AND?" That might make sense, and would at least be within the realm of reason for the Wild.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Are you sure that's not an "OR" instead of "AND?" That might make sense, and would at least be within the realm of reason for the Wild.
Quote:
Minnesota:
7th(overall) pick
Granlund
Brodin

Edmonton:
1st(yakupov)
Doesn't look like "or" Although our 1st+Granlund and maybe something minor would be close to fair value.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Ice box hockey

Quote:
Positive that it is "AND"
He also stated later in the thread that it gives them a top pairing defensemen in brodin and a top line center in granlund.
Quote:
Minnesota:
7th(overall) pick
Granlund
Brodin

Edmonton:
1st(yakupov)

Old
04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
thats pretty much in keeping with the overall intelligence level of the average Eddy fan on HFB.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:19 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 475
I have an idea. If the Devils make the conference finals we can just let them keep their pick(Zid trade) and we get the rights to Parise!

Closed Thread