HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#2: KINGS(8) @ CANUCKS(1), Friday, 4/13/12 @ 7:00 pm PDT {KCOP-13, NBCSN}

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Pucknut50

vCash: 500
KCOP HD sucks on Time Warner but at least we get Bob and Jim.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:09 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Does anyone know if NBCSN is going to carry the CBC feed, or a local Vancouver RSN feed? Or are they actually going to send an NBCSN crew to call it?

Old
04-13-2012, 11:16 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Chris Lee and Wes McCauley

The Canucks and Kings drew the short straw. O'Rourke game 1 and Lee game 2. Terrible.

I hope we get Sutherland at some point in this series.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Beat the F%$* Nuts...we can do this!!!

I Be11ieve

Old
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
Does anyone know if NBCSN is going to carry the CBC feed, or a local Vancouver RSN feed? Or are they actually going to send an NBCSN crew to call it?
Tonight the NBCSN feed of the LA/VAN is a simulcast - I assume it'll be the CBC feed and not Bob and Jim, but they certainly have the ability to simulcast either feed.

NBC did send their own crew for game 1, but they only had 3 games on the schedule that night and they essentially have 3 crews that can do games simultaneously. For tonight there are 4 games so they will simulcast the late game. This will also apply through the weekend for all of the late games.

- T

Old
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings need to keep the Pacific division teams winning tonight!
Go Kings!

After winning game 1 with no expectations from me, I'm more nervous for game 2. I think Sutter will have the boys better prepared than Murray ever did, so I'm still hopeful for a Kings win. Hopefully Luongo doesn't stand on his head again and gives up a couple in the first period.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Pharseer

vCash: 431
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
This is just to funny. All the other teams are wishing the Kings to beat Vancouver. I don't really know what the Canucks have done in the NHL to be "hated" so much. Can someone please explain ?
Let's just say that the team that wins the President's trophy, is in many circles favored to win the Stanley Cup.

Other teams don't want to see that team make it out of the early rounds for just that reason.

There are other reasons, on a team by team basis, but that's the biggest worry right there. Noone wants to face the President's trophy winner at this time of year.

Tonight, the Kings will have to bring their best game, count on seeing a different Van team. Hoping we get Bob and Jim for the broadcast.

GO KINGS GO!

Old
04-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

id like to chase Luongo this game

Old
04-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharseer View Post
Let's just say that the team that wins the President's trophy, is in many circles favored to win the Stanley Cup.

Other teams don't want to see that team make it out of the early rounds for just that reason.

There are other reasons, on a team by team basis, but that's the biggest worry right there. Noone wants to face the President's trophy winner at this time of year.

Tonight, the Kings will have to bring their best game, count on seeing a different Van team. Hoping we get Bob and Jim for the broadcast.

GO KINGS GO!
That is being very nice to the Canucks.
I think most fans do not like their players either. A lot of their guys are players you hate on other teams but love if they are on yours.
The way they *****ed and moaned last playoffs, and how they instigated a lot of scrums but would never back anything up has a lot of people hating as well.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
This is just to funny. All the other teams are wishing the Kings to beat Vancouver. I don't really know what the Canucks have done in the NHL to be "hated" so much. Can someone please explain ?
They dive, they whine, they pull hair and then dive some more. They're a cheap hockey team and an embarrassing one to watch.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:46 AM
KingsCourt

Just win baby.

Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
id like to chase Luongo this game
I would love to see that as it would mean we would have scored a few goals, however if they start Schnieder next game I would be worried.
The goal Richards scored last game Luongo tends to give up a fair bit. It's like he always loses the puck in his feet.
LET'S GO LA!!!

Old
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I would love to see that as it would mean we would have scored a few goals, however if they start Schnieder next game I would be worried.
The goal Richards scored last game Luongo tends to give up a fair bit. It's like he always loses the puck in his feet.
LET'S GO LA!!!
Unfortunately true. He seems strangely - and infuriatingly - susceptible to shots from near the goal-line. On it, below it, just above it, you name it.

Good luck tonight, guys. Hoping the Canucks can match the Kings' compete level from Game 1 to make this interesting.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
They dive, they whine, they pull hair and then dive some more. They're a cheap hockey team and an embarrassing one to watch.

Polite golf clap.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

This game has me more nervous as game 1 as well. We all know the Canucks are going to play a lot better tonight. The Kings have to match their game 1 play and improve on the bad areas(faceoffs/dumb penalties). Like others have said in the past the Kings always seem to let up after a big win, this can not happen tonight or they come back to LA tied up. Sutter will get them ready, its up to them to prove it on the ice.

Go Kings Go!

Old
04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Unfortunately true. He seems strangely - and infuriatingly - susceptible to shots from near the goal-line. On it, below it, just above it, you name it.

Good luck tonight, guys. Hoping the Canucks can match the Kings' compete level from Game 1 to make this interesting.
I think the canucks will be coming out flying and will meet our game 1level, I am just hopingthey cannot meet our game 2 level.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Kings also have to get through the first 10 mins and take the crowd out of the game.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
Exactly.

Anyone who watched the game wednesday who was unbiased...probably got a little biased for the Kings after they saw the ridiculous display put on by Kesler and Luongo. Diving at the slightest contact.

And then you get **** like what that low life Burrows did.

And their fans wonder why everyone hates them. That's what gets me. I mean Bruins fans, they seem to know that they get on peoples nerves. Nucks fans just don't get it. It's the antics man.

If they would just play hockey I think a lot more people would be fine with them. But they got tool bags like Lapierre, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Luongo....

Old
04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Kings also have to get through the first 10 mins and take the crowd out of the game.

THIS THIS THIS. Oh man if we can come out and A) survive the first 10 or B) win the first 10

I think this game could be ours.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:03 PM
LadyKing17

I'm definitely more nervous for this game than I was on Wednesday. It's already been said, but the key is whether they play satisfied or with killer instinct.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
jml87

Game 2 will be a lot harder. They know the Kings aren't to be taken lightly anymore and I'm sure there's a lot of pressure on them after game 1. If we win the 1st period, I think we win the game, but it's gonna be tough.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Perro

We win tonight the series should be ours, we lose then I think whomever wins game 3takes the series.
I agree with other posters that we will need to be weather the storm at the start of the game, and that I am more nervous than game 1.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 431
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKing17 View Post
I'm definitely more nervous for this game than I was on Wednesday. It's already been said, but the key is whether they play satisfied or with killer instinct.
A lot more nerves for this one, we should see some adjustments in the Van strategy/lineups and here's hoping the Kings are ready for whatever they bring!

The Kings need to attack, attack, attack, and when they are done attacking attack some more. 1st through the 3rd periods, just keep getting pucks on net and spend as much time in the offensive zone as possible.

Limiting stupid penalties and retaliations is going to be a key factor tonight as well.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Per Foxy... D. Sedin skated early this morning by himself. No idea if he'll play tonight.

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec states that it was a light skate w/no coaches or players. "Surely won't play."

Kings have got to take advantage while they can. They aren't going to have glorious opportunities like this present themselves very often.

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread