Do we need a new coach?

Old
04-13-2012, 09:12 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Really prople have you been living in a hole the past 8 years? I shouldnt have to give you direct quotes. go back and listen to the audio yourselves .Tv footage of Interviews or ask the players directly yourself if u need that much proof.
I cant be bothered talking to brick walls
Talk to Rhett Warrenner if u would like.
Lol I cant take you serious, your soooo into this idea yet your too lazy to dig up these imaginary quotes. Keep steppin son, your argument is shot to hell until you show proof.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Really prople have you been living in a hole the past 8 years? I shouldnt have to give you direct quotes. go back and listen to the audio yourselves .Tv footage of Interviews or ask the players directly yourself if u need that much proof.
I cant be bothered talking to brick walls
Talk to Rhett Warrenner if u would like.
I'll shoot him off a text right before I have lunch with Iginla to ask him why he is the failure on the club.

I'm usually very critical of Iginla, but with everyone saying good things about Iginla, it's hard to argue. Recall Ference's comments about Iginla after winning the cup, Keenan explaining that Iginla carries the team, and nothing being leaked regarding his apparent flaws.

I'm not advocating we keep or trade Iginla, but rather just saying that he doesn't seem to be a problem in the locker room. If he was, King, Feaster etc wouldn't put up with it.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:38 AM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
After the double OT last night the TSN panel had some (what seemed to be) very good insight into Sutter being let go. They are claiming that ownership is not willing to let this team get younger and are not willing to let guys like Iginla go. So the coaching change could've been mutual. It seemed more like speculating, but still...If that is true, I'm not happy. Ownership should care about winning, not being loyal to one player or a another.

I'm fine with Iggy staying...But if Feaster got offered Rattie, Stewart, and a pick; I'd be pissed if he wasen't allowed to take it.

All I know is that regardless of Iggy, there better be some major changes in the offseason. I don't think a new coach is the answer, maybe Bartschi will be huge. All I know is that the fans deserve a better on ice product.

Iggy is a great sniper, but this team needs a whole new level of work ethic. Iggy has become complacent IMO, due to being on a failing club for so many years. We need to find some players with serious passion and can bring a fresh start to this franchise. Having the same squad that losses year in and year out is no way to run a club.

I'm starting to really question our ownership group.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
After the double OT last night the TSN panel had some (what seemed to be) very good insight into Sutter being let go. They are claiming that ownership is not willing to let this team get younger and are not willing to let guys like Iginla go. So the coaching change could've been mutual. It seemed more like speculating, but still...If that is true, I'm not happy. Ownership should care about winning, not being loyal to one player or a another.

I'm fine with Iggy staying...But if Feaster got offered Rattie, Stewart, and a pick; I'd be pissed if he wasen't allowed to take it.

All I know is that regardless of Iggy, there better be some major changes in the offseason. I don't think a new coach is the answer, maybe Bartschi will be huge. All I know is that the fans deserve a better on ice product.

Iggy is a great sniper, but this team needs a whole new level of work ethic. Iggy has become complacent IMO, due to being on a failing club for so many years. We need to find some players with serious passion and can bring a fresh start to this franchise. Having the same squad that losses year in and year out is no way to run a club.

I'm starting to really question our ownership group.
I took everything as Sutter wanted a full rebuild and the owners didn't. The owners have let Feaster get this team significantly younger, they just don't want to burn it to the ground

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Feel The Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
I'll shoot him off a text right before I have lunch with Iginla to ask him why he is the failure on the club.

I'm usually very critical of Iginla, but with everyone saying good things about Iginla, it's hard to argue. Recall Ference's comments about Iginla after winning the cup, Keenan explaining that Iginla carries the team, and nothing being leaked regarding his apparent flaws.

I'm not advocating we keep or trade Iginla, but rather just saying that he doesn't seem to be a problem in the locker room. If he was, King, Feaster etc wouldn't put up with it.
Where did I say anybody was saying anything bad about Iginla? How can I put this so that a child could understand.
Iginla feels he has 2 carry this team on his back. He wants to score goals so therefore he makes that a priority. Offence first defence 2nd which frustrates coaches and defenceman.
No matter how hard coaches ask Iginla to play a team game for an entire season it just not going to happen.
Does not make Iginla a bad person just frustrating to coaches and some team mates

Kapeesh?

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote