HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa

Old
04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Didn't know where to put this, but vote for Hank to be on the cover of NHL 13 here:

http://covervote.nhl.com/:b=firefox11/#/ballot

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Solid win, thought the officiating was horrible, Neil throws a punch at Rupp and Rupp does nothing and gets a 10 minute misconduct, Prust gets clearly tripped on Sens PP, no call, another trip on samne PP no call, McD sliding block/dive gets tripping call on Carlsson...BS, but once again there aren't enough good things to say about the Captain, 5 hits on 1 shift in 1st period, he does it all, the official scorekeeper is a moron also, Cally 7 hits for the game it was closer to 15 hits! LGR!!!

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Neil is a girl and hides behind the Ref and pushes and throws a baloney punch at Rupp, he will get his before this is over...

Old
04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Neil is a girl and hides behind the Ref and pushes and throws a baloney punch at Rupp, he will get his before this is over...
He's Sean Avery in Dennis the Menace clothes...

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

what impressed me about our regular season was how consistent we were. There were only 5 stretches of game (and this includes overlapping clumps of losses) where we lost 4 out of any 7 game stretch. ALL SEASON!

October 7 - 24th
October 15 - 29th
Dec 5th - 17th
March 1 - 11th
March 8 - 19th

Boston and the Flyer roughly have 9 such stretches
Pittsburgh and Nashville have 8
Nashville has 8
Vancouver has 7
Detroit has 7
St Louis w/ 6

note, if a team lost like 8 games in 10, that probably counts like 3x but that's just showing how consistent we've been and other teams are prone to bad batches and falling apart at times. There's only really 2 bad batches of games and 1 mediocre-not-so-good batch in the middle.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Kudos to the Captain:

Old
04-13-2012, 02:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Neil is a hitter and I won't defend his Avery-esque shenanigans but unlike Avery, Neil isn't one who'd back down from a fight. If you look at his opponents, he's not picking on non-fighters or light-weights like Avery does. Boulton, Thornton, Chara, Jackman, Staubitz. These aren't wussies. I highly doubt Neil would back down from an honest invitation to fight Rupp. Avery would NEVER fight any of these guys. I know you guys realize that outside of brawls, straight up fights in the playoffs don't usually happen like they do in the regular season so Neil is gonna straddle the line and do what he can get away with. I mean, look at what Boyle did to Karlsson! That was amazing and hopefully we're in Karlsson's head but I'm sure the Sens fans are crying foul over that one. That glorious glorious play. Way to take Karlsson out of the game even for 2 minutes Boyler!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/...htcard/reg2012

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Neil is a hitter and I won't defend his Avery-esque shenanigans but unlike Avery, Neil isn't one who'd back down from a fight. If you look at his opponents, he's not picking on non-fighters or light-weights like Avery does. Boulton, Thornton, Chara, Jackman, Staubitz. These aren't wussies. I highly doubt Neil would back down from an honest invitation to fight Rupp. Avery would NEVER fight any of these guys. I know you guys realize that outside of brawls, straight up fights in the playoffs don't usually happen like they do in the regular season so Neil is gonna straddle the line and do what he can get away with. I mean, look at what Boyle did to Karlsson! That was amazing and hopefully we're in Karlsson's head but I'm sure the Sens fans are crying foul over that one. That glorious glorious play. Way to take Karlsson out of the game even for 2 minutes Boyler!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/...htcard/reg2012
Superpest...

Old
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
In the end I think that might be a good thing. Instead of patting themselves on the back until Saturday about how they shut out the Sens, they got a reminder of how quickly the Sens can strike and how they need to stay on top of them no matter what.

I think it helps prepare them for the next game
Great point, but I'd be in complete agreement if they didn't look lackluster in the 3rd. They just looked dead and didn't care to score more goals and go on the offensive.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

A bunch of talk on the Sens board about how bad the atmosphere was last night. It amazes me how far people will go to complain about something.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
A bunch of talk on the Sens board about how bad the atmosphere was last night. It amazes me how far people will go to complain about something.
Says the fanbase whose building gets overtaken by Leafs fans 3 times a year. Ever seen one of those games? Not quite like Rangers fans at the Mauseleum, but pretty close.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
I don't get it, isn't that a good thing from their viewpoint? I thought it was pretty damn loud in there, my ears are still ringing.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:14 PM
OverTheCap

Bad atmosphere?

Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun disagrees:

Quote:
No way Senators fans can ever match the energy level at MSG, where the crowd rose to establish a playoff atmosphere during the anthems. The releasing of red, white and blue balloons from a couple of corner sections was pretty cool, as well
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/04/12/...ter-step-on-it

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:28 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

I blame the lulls in the crowd on the amount of whistles during the game. There wasn't as much of a flow to the game as there normally would be. I found there were a lot of uncalled for icings being called and it really slowed the game down. Fans can't be loud for 2 1/2 hours straight.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Bad atmosphere?

Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun disagrees:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/04/12/...ter-step-on-it
Ottawa is the one and only Canadian city that can't brag about in-arena atmosphere. I've been to that barn and it felt an awful lot like a Devils game. The playoffs are different, obviously, but the Rangers don't have to worry about Montreal/Winnipeg type craziness.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
XLJ

I guess some Sen fans are just bitter. I thought the garden was electric last night. All the writers who were at the game thought the same too.
Neil is basically a bigger version of Avery. I wouldn't be shocked if Rupp fights him.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I guess some Sen fans are just bitter. I thought the garden was electric last night. All the writers who were at the game thought the same too.
Neil is basically a bigger version of Avery. I wouldn't be shocked if Rupp fights him.
Why do Avery, Clarkson, and Niel all have a similar face? It's scary.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Why do Avery, Clarkson, and Niel all have a similar face? It's scary.
Judging by their names, probably because they're all Irish?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Judging by their names, probably because they're all Irish?
I thought it had something to do with them being agitators.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
When you can't brag about your team, or rag on the team that beat you because they embarrassed you, you make **** up.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Neil is an animal and not to be taken lately . Pound for pound one of toughest guys ever

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:10 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Neil did fight Rupp when he was a Penguin and did quite well considering the size difference. Neil fights anyone and hits everything. Coming from a Rangers fan to say what you said sounds pretty stupid. Look at his career fights.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I thought the atmosphere was one of the best in recent memory, actually. I think Rangers fans are really behind this team and their boisterous energy definitely was a factor. The only sad thing is every time a Ranger went down the place sounded like the Bell Center in Montreal...but that's okay, I respect that.

What was the "U-S-A" chant all about anyway?

Not much to say. The Rangers flat out won the game. I thought before Torts called the timeout we were going to take over the game. Good coaching. I didn't like the first goal, other than that some key breakdowns and the Rangers, as usual, bury their chances. Great deke by Gaborik. Nice rip by Boyle. What are you gonna do?

I am hoping that Ottawa raises their intensity. I think they have more to give. I would have liked to see more physical play, not that Ottawa was dominated in that department, I would have liked them hit more. I think that may be on the menu for tomorrow.

Here's hoping to a great game tomorrow.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:36 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Lost in all this talk...

WE MADE THE BACK PAGES!

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
What was the "U-S-A" chant all about anyway?
Rangers fans always chant "USA" when we're beating up a Canadian team. I usually don't like it because it's dumb -- we've got ten Canadians on our team. But it was warranted last night. Both Spezza and Michalek left the blue line way early during the US National Anthem. Extremely disrespectful and the fans that noticed, booed.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote