HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge

Old
04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 View Post
The Youth Olympic players were selected by random draws. The players had to apply and names were put forward by province. Many good players did not even apply! I am sure he would not be bothered by that decision
I know how the team was picked and IMO it was a joke. I know it'd be tough to compare a bunch of players from a bunch of different Midget leagues to come up with a team of the best from across the country, but random draw is no way to pick a hockey team. The only reason why I tossed that in there is because Duncan MacIntyre is obviously considering USA Hockey instead of Hockey Canada and the Youth Olympic Games are one example of Hockey Canada being flawed.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
welcometothebigshow2

@scoutman- I dont think Arsenault will be on the team, unless they need another guy from NB.. I think that guy will be Smallman.. And I forgot all about Nickerson for my list. That defence looks quite good actually.
Donaghey-MacIntyre
Mccabe-Nickerson
Deschenes-Quillan
Theyd have a great two-way pairing with Macintyre and Donaghey, a great shutdown pair with Nickerson and McCabe, and another solid two way pairing with Deschenes and Quillan. Anyway you put it, I think all 6 of these guys COULD be playing in the Q next year. Depends on who drafts them of course (plus Deschenes who i think could play anyways). The D-core and with MacDonald in nets Team Atl should do alright this year.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
I know how the team was picked and IMO it was a joke. I know it'd be tough to compare a bunch of players from a bunch of different Midget leagues to come up with a team of the best from across the country, but random draw is no way to pick a hockey team. The only reason why I tossed that in there is because Duncan MacIntyre is obviously considering USA Hockey instead of Hockey Canada and the Youth Olympic Games are one example of Hockey Canada being flawed.
Im not sure, but Hockey Canada has done some pretty good development IMO. The success that they have shown internationally has been very impressive over the past 10 years.

The US took their best 20, and still lost to Canada, which speaks to the strength of our nation.

The fact that MacIntyre plays in the States in Chiacgo probably has more to do with him looking to the US program then anything Hockey Canada has done. He wont make the US team (6 defenceman have recieved invites, he is not among them), and once that happens im sure he would accept an invite if it is extended, given that it wont hurt him to play for them.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
localfan

McIntyre plays in Saskatchewan for Notre Dame (prep school). Does he not?

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfan View Post
McIntyre plays in Saskatchewan for Notre Dame (prep school). Does he not?
Yes he does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
The fact that MacIntyre plays in the States in Chiacgo probably has more to do with him looking to the US program then anything Hockey Canada has done. He wont make the US team (6 defenceman have recieved invites, he is not among them), and once that happens im sure he would accept an invite if it is extended, given that it wont hurt him to play for them.
What I really want to know is, will Duncan MacIntyre be in the QMJHL next season. All season I was expecting him to be drafted by a Maritimes team and play for them and I'm just finding out now that he's a duel citizen who may be playing for the states. Does this mean he won't be going to the Q? With him looking at the USA programs, does he drop in the draft? Does Cape Breton select him in the 3rd or so round and convince him to come play at home? Him being invited to a USA camp confused the hell out of me and raised so many questions.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:33 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Im not sure, but Hockey Canada has done some pretty good development IMO. The success that they have shown internationally has been very impressive over the past 10 years.

The US took their best 20, and still lost to Canada, which speaks to the strength of our nation.

He plays at Notre Dame and he is listed on the try-out roster for the national team released a few weeks ago

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ster-announced

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
He plays at Notre Dame and he is listed on the try-out roster for the national team released a few weeks ago

will he not be ineligible for the Q once he steps on the ice for the US try-outs?

Old
04-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
will he not be ineligible for the Q once he steps on the ice for the US try-outs?
He's still eligible... The only rules that I know of are that if you step on the ice with a Q team (OHL or WHL as well), you can't play in the NCAA. You can play in the NCAA and come to the CHL no problem. A few guys from the USNDP were recently drafted in the OHL. Ryan MacInnis already committed to USNDP when drafted by Kitchener.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:51 PM
hockeyfan1977

Question?

If a player wanted to play NCAA where would they play in their 2nd and third year of midget if they are a top prospect? Junior A

Old
04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Question?

If a player wanted to play NCAA where would they play in their 2nd and third year of midget if they are a top prospect? Junior A
they would play another year of Major midget or play a year of Jr. A hockey or try to get to a prep school, then try and get to USHL or stay in prep.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:

Your right, I misspoke about where he plays (wrong MacIntyre), but there have been invites sent out to 6 defenceman, and he is not on the list. There are a few more that are expected to recieve invites as well.

Quote:
What I really want to know is, will Duncan MacIntyre be in the QMJHL next season. All season I was expecting him to be drafted by a Maritimes team and play for them and I'm just finding out now that he's a duel citizen who may be playing for the states. Does this mean he won't be going to the Q? With him looking at the USA programs, does he drop in the draft? Does Cape Breton select him in the 3rd or so round and convince him to come play at home? Him being invited to a USA camp confused the hell out of me and raised so many questions.
Remember, just because he gets an invite to the US-NTDP doesnt make it his first proirity. I can think of many duel citizens who where invited and participate in the US-NTDP but had it as a second option.

You have to actually get to know the player and find out what makes him tick, what his priorities are, before assuming that he wants to do anything. For all we know he his very focused on the QMJHL and using the NTDP as a back up, or as a way to help his exposure.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Remember, just because he gets an invite to the US-NTDP doesnt make it his first proirity. I can think of many duel citizens who where invited and participate in the US-NTDP but had it as a second option.

You have to actually get to know the player and find out what makes him tick, what his priorities are, before assuming that he wants to do anything. For all we know he his very focused on the QMJHL and using the NTDP as a back up, or as a way to help his exposure.
I've been asking if anyone knows any information as to what he's thinking when it comes to NCAA/QMJHL, Canada/USA. I don't recall saying that he made any decisions, I'm simply wondering what the latest is.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
I've been asking if anyone knows any information as to what he's thinking when it comes to NCAA/QMJHL, Canada/USA. I don't recall saying that he made any decisions, I'm simply wondering what the latest is.
Im going to guess your answers are not on HFBoards.

Miller4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller4Gold View Post
Im going to guess your answers are not on HFBoards.
I don't think it hurts to ask... You don't know who's on here and the right person might have the right information. If nobody asks, will we ever know if the answers are in fact on HFBoards?

Old
04-24-2012, 09:00 AM
localfan

Does anyone know when the selection process begins for this team (i.e., letters for tryouts are issued, camp dates, etc). Since the coaching staff is selected, one would assume it would happen shortly.

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Does anyone know when the selection process begins for this team (i.e., letters for tryouts are issued, camp dates, etc). Since the coaching staff is selected, one would assume it would happen shortly.
They usually have a summer camp but I haven't heard of it since I was a U17 aged player It's pretty low key

Old
04-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
I was at one camp in wolfville, there were provincial tryouts around April or May, depending what province I'm guessing. From that tryout, 8-12 skaters and 1-2 goalies from each province make the Atlantic camp, held in Wolfville in July.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:48 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
I was at one camp in wolfville, there were provincial tryouts around April or May, depending what province I'm guessing. From that tryout, 8-12 skaters and 1-2 goalies from each province make the Atlantic camp, held in Wolfville in July.
it is usually middle of July, i just usually call the rink at Acadia University to see when the exact dates are...best time to go is middle of the camp...the first day is usually just class work for them...2nd day I usually do not attend i give the kids a chance to have a day on the ice...I go the next two days after their 1st on the ice. Usually games are around 6...in the mornings they usually have their practices.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:57 PM
17Kurri

Is Alex Gallant related to Gerard Gallant, by any chance? Both are from PEI, right?

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
it is usually middle of July, i just usually call the rink at Acadia University to see when the exact dates are...best time to go is middle of the camp...the first day is usually just class work for them...2nd day I usually do not attend i give the kids a chance to have a day on the ice...I go the next two days after their 1st on the ice. Usually games are around 6...in the mornings they usually have their practices.
Ya, the intensity on the ice picks up in the last 2 days. When I was there it was practice with a 3 on 3 and meeting the team you were assigned to the night we got there, then practice twice a day, with team building throughout, and a game that night. That continued until Thursday, when we were supposed to have a day of swimming at the lake but an incident at the dorms caused us to miss it as punishment. The games Thursday and Friday were the most intense, as they were crossover and medal games. These are the games some players seperated themselves, showed why they were first rounders that June.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

this isn't an IIHF event is it..

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
this isn't an IIHF event is it..
It's the tournament where hockey Canada first gets a good view of the talent coming up for U18's and WJHC all in one place. Always held in Canada so I don't think it is an IIHF event.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:52 PM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
It's the tournament where hockey Canada first gets a good view of the talent coming up for U18's and WJHC all in one place. Always held in Canada so I don't think it is an IIHF event.
Does anyone know where it's being held this year?

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:14 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
Does anyone know where it's being held this year?
No, I believe that's still being decided and that final proposals were due a couple weeks ago.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:32 PM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
No, I believe that's still being decided and that final proposals were due a couple weeks ago.
Thanks.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote