HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

Old
03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
BCeagle

vCash: 500
Northeast Regional 2012

Alas now to the NE regional in Worcester. As expected they get the #16 seed in AFA, while Maine battles UMD in the nightcap.

Not necessarily an easy game but BC should get by AFA. The next game, UMD and Maine will be a war.

BCeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
Alas now to the NE regional in Worcester. As expected they get the #16 seed in AFA, while Maine battles UMD in the nightcap.

Not necessarily an easy game but BC should get by AFA. The next game, UMD and Maine will be a war.
BC and AFA have two things in common....lots of speed and depth. Not saying that the Falcons have the caliber of depth that BC has, but they are loaded - both up front and on the blueline.

The AFA players BC will need to keep an eye on/contain to beat them are: Defensemen Tim Kirby and Scott Mathis, and upfront Kyle DeLaurell, John Kruse, Cole Gunner and Casey Kleisinger. IMO, Kirby and Mathis are one of the best defensive pairings not only in Atlantic Hockey, but in the nation.

I'm really looking forward to watching this matchup because both teams have a lot of firepower and speed. Although, I think BC will win the game, AFA won't make it easy for them, especially if Jason Torf can do in net what he did for them last year.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
BCeagle

I agree, Air Force has never gone down easy no matter who the opponent is in the NCAA tournament. BC needs to get on top first and try to exploit their depth and special teams. I don't see a blowout by any means.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Medium Rare*

Flames fans are firmly behind BC. We hope Gaudreau and Arnold step it up and help you win a National Championship

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:31 AM
BCeagle

Got back from the DCU awhile ago. Great weekend for Parker Milner and the team as they win both games by shutouts in the Northeast Regional.

BC plays Minnesota in the semis while Union plays FS. Another big test for the Eagles but they have 2 weeks to prepare for the Gophers.

Just play one game at a time and hope for the best here. This team was in a mid season slump and have reeled off 17 wins now, hopefully they can extend it 2 more games.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Chris Krieder<3

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Got back from the DCU awhile ago. Great weekend for Parker Milner and the team as they win both games by shutouts in the Northeast Regional.

BC plays Minnesota in the semis while Union plays FS. Another big test for the Eagles but they have 2 weeks to prepare for the Gophers.

Just play one game at a time and hope for the best here. This team was in a mid season slump and have reeled off 17 wins now, hopefully they can extend it 2 more games.
But hasn't that been the case in the last few years?

Old
03-27-2012, 01:32 AM
HellsBells

Johnny Gaudreau is one heckuva player.

That pick will go down as a huge steal for the Flames.

HellsBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsBells View Post
Johnny Gaudreau is one heckuva player.

That pick will go down as a huge steal for the Flames.
flames fan here, Curious as to how hes been doing aside from stats? what do you think his potential is if he reaches it?

and anything about arnold?

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
flames fan here, Curious as to how hes been doing aside from stats? what do you think his potential is if he reaches it?

from what i have heard he is extremely agile, good skater, excellent vision, wins alot of board battles despite his size and is an extremely fierce competitor

Old
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
BCeagle

Gaudreau is 150 soaking wet and undersized for the pro game. But then Gerbe has made it with Buffalo so far despite his size. Arnold is one tough kid and BC looks to him next year with all the players BC loses to graduation and early signings. Kreider and Dumoulin are expected to leave after their junior year.

Just one more game to go and hopefully comes out on top after beating Minnesota badly. Parker Milner came up big again.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:

To be fair, I just started watching BC Hockey and College hockey this year because of Tommy Cross who's Bruins property.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-0...ry-york-eagles

http://www.wickedlocal.com/needham/f...#axzz1rGhW61C2

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...n_frozen_four/

Johnny Gaudreau is a steal. What a great player. He's only a Freshman so the sky is the limit.

Beanpot MVP
Hockey East MVP and All Tournament team

So impressed with him.

Arnold is fantastic as well. Great on ice vision and always in the right position from what I've seen of him.

Game winner in the Beanpot championship in the last minutes of OT.

I believe both have said they are staying all 4 years.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:50 AM
JeffMESN
HFB Partner

Dumoulin to sign after Championship Game

Brian Dumoulin's adviser, Gary Prolman, announced to the Maine Sports Network that Brian will sign with the Hurricanes after tomorrows NCAA Championship Game. Click link for full audio.

>>>MAINE SPORTS NETWORK

Last edited by JeffMESN: 04-06-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: updated link
JeffMESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
from what i have heard he is extremely agile, good skater, excellent vision, wins alot of board battles despite his size and is an extremely fierce competitor
thanks! hoping for him to tear it up next year with BU

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
thanks! hoping for him to tear it up next year with BU
its BC BU is their hated rival :p

Old
04-11-2012, 10:35 AM
RabidBadger

Congrats on another convincing title...what a program on Chestnut Hill! I think BC is going to have to promoted to the AHL if they keep laying waste to everyone like they do.

How's the outloook for next year with departures?

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Dakota Sioux

I forgot to say my congrats to BC too. What I would like to know is how in the hell did your team lose 10 games? They were a machine in the playoffs.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Congrats on another convincing title...what a program on Chestnut Hill! I think BC is going to have to promoted to the AHL if they keep laying waste to everyone like they do.

How's the outloook for next year with departures?
I am not a big BC fan so my knowledge is minimal but Kreider signed so he will be gone.

and it looks like Almedia, Carey, Cross, Shea, Venti and Atkinson were the only seniors (the latter 2 players only played a combined 15 games)

but 4 of their top 6 scorers could return, Milner can return for another season, and 4 of their 6 regular defensemen are eligible to return (although i believe there was rumors Dumoulin would go pro)

Old
04-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Mathletic

I have not followed the whole thread but can you guys comment on goalie Brian Billett?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
BCeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I have not followed the whole thread but can you guys comment on goalie Brian Billett?
When Parker Milner was in a funk, Billet played about 7 games and did not last long. He started OK but then faltered. BC had gone into a mid season slump since November into January. Milner was reinserted and gradually developed into a solid goalie spear heading BC through the 19 game winning streak and a national championship. At the time of Milner's reappearance and after the weekend losses to Maine in Orono, BC as a team started playing well together and did a typical run for them (19 straight wins) and carried over into the post season with tournament wins after another. (HE Tournament, NE Regional, and FF)

Next year could be a rebuilding year after losing so much to graduation and 2 juniors signing pro contracts.

Mullane, Arnold, MacLeod, Milner, Whitney, Hayes, etc will have to provide the leadership and try to get BC to win games and meld together with new players and the now experienced sophmores who have won a national championship as freshmen. Gaudreau leads this group as the rookie of the year.

They do have some talented defensemen coming in to replace Cross and Dumoulin. Begert only saw action in 1 game. Vatrano is suppose to have some skill and speed typical of a BC forward. Brendan Silk may be a 4th liner as his stock has fallen off.

Last edited by BCeagle: 04-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old
04-13-2012, 09:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Next year could be a rebuilding year after losing so much to graduation and 2 juniors signing pro contracts.

Mullane, Arnold, MacLead, Milner, Whitney, Hayes, etc will have to provide the leadership and try to get BC to win games and meld together with new players and the now experienced sophmores who have won a national championship as freshmen. Gaudreau leads this group as the rookie of the year.

They do have some talented defensemen coming in to replace Cross and Dumoulin. Begert only saw action in 1 game. Vatrano is suppose to have some skill and speed typical of a BC forward. Brendan Silk may be a 4th liner as his stock has fallen off.
I hope to see incoming Freshman Colin Sullivan get a regular shift, I know BC has several incoming Freshman D's but he's got some impressive mobility and it is a great skater. Either way though, good to see him going to a top program at least.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
When Parker Milner was in a funk, Billet played about 7 games and did not last long. He started OK but then faltered. BC had gone into a mid season slump since November into January. Milner was reinserted and gradually developed into a solid goalie spear heading BC through the 19 game winning streak and a national championship. At the time of Milner's reappearance and after the weekend losses to Maine in Orono, BC as a team started playing well together and did a typical run for them (19 straight wins) and carried over into the post season with tournament wins after another. (HE Tournament, NE Regional, and FF)

Mullane, Arnold, MacLeod, Milner, Whitney, Hayes, etc will have to provide the leadership and try to get BC to win games and meld together with new players and the now experienced sophmores who have won a national championship as freshmen. Gaudreau leads this group as the rookie of the year.

Unless I missed something, I believe BC does have Mike Matheson coming in too. And hopefully will be able to replace some of what left with Cross and Dumoulin.

Old
04-18-2012, 04:38 PM
BCeagle

I went to the banquet on Sunday and surprised they announced the captain and assistant captains for next season. The presentation and awards went well and everyone who had anything to do with the team was mentioned. They gave everyone a free souvenir puck and it was a nice way to end the season. Some players were not there because of commitments, like Kreider and Dumoulin signed on with their new clubs. I believe Kreider is already on the Rangers playoff roster.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
BCeagle

Kreider is having an immediate impact on the Rangers. A goal and an assist today for their win over the Caps.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

What will the D look like next year?

Cross and Shea are done. Possible that Dumoulin is gone too but not sure. Leaves, Alber, Begert, Wey and McLeod.

Who are the incoming freshmen that will start this year? Matheson, Piazza, Doherty and Jeke? Geez, that's a lot of people....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote