HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Baseball > Fantasy Baseball - ATD

Fantasy Baseball Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
  #151
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 14,340
vCash: 500
This trade happened in one of my leagues:

Team A gets:
Prince Fielder
John Danks

Team B gets:
CC Sabathia
Jay Bruce
Kendrys Morales

I think Team A wins honestly. Fielder is the best player in the deal and all your giving up to get him is an Ace, a marginal top 50 player in Bruce and an injury prone Morales. Position Players > Pitchers because they play everyday.

IDK why these guys are trading this early in the season any way.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
04-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  #152
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
thoughts on my team? first time i've ever played fantasy baseball

I think my starting pitching is absolutely stacked but the rest pretty much sucks,is that a fair assessment?

12 team league

C Alex Avila
1B Lucas Duda
2B Dustin Ackley
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Yunel Escobar
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Matt Holliday
OF Yoenis Cespedes
Util (Util) David Ortiz
Util (3B) Chipper Jones
BN (OF) Matt Joyce
BN (OF) Shane Victorino
BN (1B) Gaby Sanchez

SP Justin Verlander
SP Jered Weaver
RP Sergio Santos
RP Matt Capps
P (SP) Ian Kennedy
P (SP) James Shields
P (SP) Josh Beckett
P (SP) Johan Santana
BN (SP) Yu Darvish
BN (RP even though he's a starter) Matt Moore
Your infield is meh but the rest looks very good, nasty pitching. I'd debate packaging one for some infield help. Solid outfield too.

mapes is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 12:17 AM
  #153
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 500
Just made this deal, considering struggles and such, how do you guys think I did?

I recieve: Hunter Pence, CC Sabathia and David Ortiz.

In exchange for: Hanley Ramirez, Tim Lincecum and Colby Rasmus.

How'd I do?

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
  #154
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Right now it looks like you made out like a bandit. Lincecum has been awful, Rasmus is awful, and Han Ram isn't the Han Ram of old.

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
  #155
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Right now it looks like you made out like a bandit. Lincecum has been awful, Rasmus is awful, and Han Ram isn't the Han Ram of old.
That was my thinking to! Got rid of all 3 of my players on the block in one move.

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
04-17-2012, 11:42 PM
  #156
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 29,340
vCash: 500
Jesus Montero has now made 3 starts at C this year (3rd start today). Needs 2 more. Well in most leagues anyways.

darko is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 01:47 AM
  #157
Better Call Saul
Registered User
 
Better Call Saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Han Ram isn't the Han Ram of old.
Untrue. So far this season, he's back with a vengeance.

Better Call Saul is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 02:01 AM
  #158
Richards to Gaborik
Registered User
 
Richards to Gaborik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Just made this deal, considering struggles and such, how do you guys think I did?

I recieve: Hunter Pence, CC Sabathia and David Ortiz.

In exchange for: Hanley Ramirez, Tim Lincecum and Colby Rasmus.

How'd I do?
Honest opinion? Not a fan at all. Seems very reactionary. Lincecum has had a rough start, but he still is one of the top pitchers in the league. And I like Pence, but I got a feeling Hanley comes around again this season.

Who knows though, I could be wrong.

Richards to Gaborik is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
  #159
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Gained 5.5 points on strikeouts alone today, and should gain more before the night ends

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 12:38 PM
  #160
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,752
vCash: 500
Who's got more potential long term G.Soto or S.Perez? I already have Napoli as my mainstay at catcher but this a keeper league and I always like to have a backup at shallow positions on the bench for security.

Everlong is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 12:44 PM
  #161
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 14,340
vCash: 500
^ Perez.

Soto is what he is. Perez has nice upside.

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 03:15 PM
  #162
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
so i've noticed something irritating

my hitting is pretty bad in general but somehow literally every single day someone that I have benched manages to hit a home run

ricky0034 is online now  
Old
04-21-2012, 03:49 PM
  #163
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
so i've noticed something irritating

my hitting is pretty bad in general but somehow literally every single day someone that I have benched manages to hit a home run
That's been happening to me the last 2 weeks. I keep playing the matchups for one of my two utility spots and keep getting screwed over every single time. Case and point, Stubbs 3rbi and 2sb wasted.

Everlong is offline  
Old
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
  #164
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 500
Made another trade. I trade Torii Hunter (OF) in exchange Ivan Nova SP.

I am in desperate need of wins and I don't know if there is anyone better at getting them, the Ivan Nova. Also, my OF spots are pretty much full as it is with Adam Jones, Hunter Pence and Coco Crisp. My SP looks good on paper but they can't win games. Hopefully that changes now with a lineup of:

1. CC Sabathia
2. Gio Gonzalez
3. Ivan Nova
4. JJ Putz (RP)
5. Joel Hanrahan (RP)
6. Jhoulys Chacin
7. Brandon McCarthy
8. Mark Buerhle
9. Edinson Volquez
10. Barry Zito

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
  #165
Toasty95
Registered User
 
Toasty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
I got offered a trade

I get: Braun and Zobrist
They get: Pujols and Cespedes

I have konerko to cover the 1st base position and my outfield needs an upgrade

Toasty95 is offline  
Old
04-23-2012, 05:03 PM
  #166
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Biggs View Post
I got offered a trade

I get: Braun and Zobrist
They get: Pujols and Cespedes

I have konerko to cover the 1st base position and my outfield needs an upgrade
What's your 2B like?


In other news, I'm currently in 1st, 12 points up on the 2nd place team.

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
  #167
Toasty95
Registered User
 
Toasty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
What's your 2B like?


In other news, I'm currently in 1st, 12 points up on the 2nd place team.
I have Michael Young there currently, but Zobrist would likely go to my outfield (Bourn, Heyward, Kendrick, Jennings) with Ellsbury on the DL.

Toasty95 is offline  
Old
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
  #168
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Biggs View Post
I have Michael Young there currently, but Zobrist would likely go to my outfield (Bourn, Heyward, Kendrick, Jennings) with Ellsbury on the DL.
How many outfielders are you allowed? You're giving up Cespedes and getting back two. These seems a little reactionary; I think Pujols will rebound. But this is a time of high value for Cespedes. Hmm. This is tough.

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
  #169
Toasty95
Registered User
 
Toasty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
How many outfielders are you allowed? You're giving up Cespedes and getting back two. These seems a little reactionary; I think Pujols will rebound. But this is a time of high value for Cespedes. Hmm. This is tough.
I'm allowed 4 outfielders and 2 Util spots. Yeah, it's a tough decision so I figured someone else's opinion would help. My team if it helps:
(7 team league)

C- Napoli
1B- Pujols
2B- Young
3B- Lawrie
SS- Reyes
OF- Jennings
OF- Kendrick
OF- Heyward
OF- Bourn
Util- Konerko
Util- Andrus
Bench- Rollins
Bench- Freese
Bench- Cespedes
DL- Ellsbury

Toasty95 is offline  
Old
04-24-2012, 11:02 AM
  #170
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Biggs View Post
I'm allowed 4 outfielders and 2 Util spots. Yeah, it's a tough decision so I figured someone else's opinion would help. My team if it helps:
(7 team league)

C- Napoli
1B- Pujols
2B- Young
3B- Lawrie
SS- Reyes
OF- Jennings
OF- Kendrick
OF- Heyward
OF- Bourn
Util- Konerko
Util- Andrus
Bench- Rollins
Bench- Freese
Bench- Cespedes
DL- Ellsbury
Would you put Zobrist on the bench?

bluesfan94 is offline  
Old
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  #171
Toasty95
Registered User
 
Toasty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Would you put Zobrist on the bench?
No, he'd likely go in for Heyward.

Toasty95 is offline  
Old
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
  #172
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,752
vCash: 500
Think I should play Ervin against the Rays tonight or should I let him get back into a groove before trotting him out there. Need wins, but he's going up against Price.

Everlong is offline  
Old
04-24-2012, 05:41 PM
  #173
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
should I drop Johan Santana and grab Mat Latos? someone waived him because he's been struggling so much

i'm thinking yes

ricky0034 is online now  
Old
04-24-2012, 07:40 PM
  #174
Toasty95
Registered User
 
Toasty95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Think I should play Ervin against the Rays tonight or should I let him get back into a groove before trotting him out there. Need wins, but he's going up against Price.
Bit late but....don't start him LOL.

Toasty95 is offline  
Old
04-24-2012, 11:17 PM
  #175
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
should I drop Johan Santana and grab Mat Latos? someone waived him because he's been struggling so much

i'm thinking yes
I say no and wait for Latos to pick it up before you think about it. Also, Santana pitched well tonight.

bluesfan94 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.