HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

List of candidates for GM and Coach Part List of candidates for GM and Coach Part V

View Poll Results: Choose your Destiny
Claude Julien 29 28.16%
Alain Vigneault 74 71.84%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 01:41 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
List of candidates for GM and Coach Part List of candidates for GM and Coach Part V

continue here.

Everyone play nice.

Confirmed Candidates (Interviews, Calls etc)

Blair Mackasey: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...r-mackasey.php

Marc Bergevin: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392199

Julien Brisebois: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392199

Claude Loiselle: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392199

Dropped Out:

Vincent Damphousse : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392199

Pat Brisson: http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blogu...g-du-canadien/

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards

Last edited by overlords: 04-17-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old
04-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

We need Zombie Steve Jobs

Old
04-13-2012, 01:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
We need Zombie Steve Jobs
Can he speak zombie french though?

Old
04-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He'll learn it. Zombies are quick learners.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Ah, zombie French, the most beautiful of the undead romantic languages (unlike Ghost Spanish or Vampire Italian). Although why don't we just look at Zombie Sam Pollock?

Old
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Ah, zombie French, the most beautiful of the undead romantic languages (unlike Ghost Spanish or Vampire Italian)
Together, they are called "dead languages".

Wait... you already did that joke, and better than I.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

What's Geoff's email address?

I want to apply.

I'm the most bilingual person I know.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

The habs should simply crowdsource their decisions through a web system. Actually, it's a bad idea, but you have to admit it would be amazing.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Lets go Bergevin!

Old
04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I want Bergevin

Only Bergevin

So yeah

Bergevin

Old
04-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Ok, here’s an idea I just had.

Say you are the new GM, and you have total power, but you believe in the power of crowdsourcing, and you want to harvest this power somewhat, so you ask your IT team to deploy the following service:

It’s basically a web portal where people can vote on various, management-designed questions, as well as send comments on those same questions. There are a few rules though. First, you need an account and maybe a small token fee to get one, as the habs are going to track your votes, and making people pay give then a better inventive to take the exercise seriously and drive away those who don’t. Second, the users are never going to receive any feedback such as vote statistics, etc, as this is incompatible with crownsourced decision making (people can’t influence each other) as well as having other benefits.

Any question can be asked. (“Should player X play with player Y or player Z?” or “Should we try to sign a LD or a LW?”). Of course, the GM can fully disregard any vote and comment; this is just a tool to help him judge his own decisions.

Individual accounts themselves could end up being weighted over the time, without the user knowing it. Management could identify the 10% or so of voters who historically and empirically come up with good insights, and give more credence to their votes. Alternatively, morons could have their accounts revoked, or worst, systematically ignored by the system (without the user knowing).

Old
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:

Say you are the new GM, and you have total power, but you believe in the power of crowdsourcing, and you want to harvest this power somewhat, so you ask your IT team to deploy the following service:

It’s basically a web portal where people can vote on various, management-designed questions, as well as send comments on those same questions. There are a few rules though. First, you need an account and maybe a small token fee to get one, as the habs are going to track your votes, and making people pay give then a better inventive to take the exercise seriously and drive away those who don’t. Second, the users are never going to receive any feedback such as vote statistics, etc, as this is incompatible with crownsourced decision making (people can’t influence each other) as well as having other benefits.

Any question can be asked. (“Should player X play with player Y or player Z?” or “Should we try to sign a LD or a LW?”). Of course, the GM can fully disregard any vote and comment; this is just a tool to help him judge his own decisions.

Individual accounts themselves could end up being weighted over the time, without the user knowing it. Management could identify the 10% or so of voters who historically and empirically come up with good insights, and give more credence to their votes. Alternatively, morons could have their accounts revoked, or worst, systematically ignored by the system (without the user knowing).
This is an interesting idea. If Geoff decides to hire me as the next GM (I've tracked him down on LinkedIn, so I like my chances), I'm bringing you onto my team.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Galaad64

My top 5:

1 - Bergevin - rising fast in his new career
2 - MacKasey - this one I did not know and now grows on me
3 - McGuire - intelligence and experience according to Scotty, would like Savard to hang around to consult him
4 - Brisebois - feel there is something there that is new and adapted but ready for GM ?
5 - Benning - would be no 1 but with Bruins, long shot that he is even interested

The following, I do not like:
Loiselle - From the Leafs, yarck !
Hextall - A bit green and not sure the Kings are a good reference !
Robitaille - big name but is he GM materia?, I doubt ...
Fenton - Nashville is a good team but not a winning team
Roy - could be good but he wants to be coach, not GM

One thing that has been discussed a bit but not enough is what was said by Roy about being involved in at GM level too. He did not go too much and actually, I think it might b hearsay. But the point that I get from it is the following: coaching must be involved so that mistakes like Spacek are avoided. What I mean by mistake is that many times, decisions were made that were not a good fit for the team. We got Spacek and he played on his wrong side most of the time so could not excel as had before with the Sabres. Same thing with Kaberle, we needed a shooter like we had before and got a passer. Latendresse and other young playesr not being played to their strengths, etc ...

Old
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
This is an interesting idea. If Geoff decides to hire me as the next GM (I've tracked him down on LinkedIn, so I like my chances), I'm bringing you onto my team.
Thank you for considering my idea, I'll root for your candidature.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
blueinmtl

Kings fans think Hextall will do well, but not Luc, who is more a marketing guy with them.

Can't see this guy here though.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
my pick is still timmins but hextall does intrigue me. from i've heard previously (very little) and from when i've seen him (a bit), he does look lke the opposite of what you'd expect. calm, cool, polite, reserved et cetera... deserves an interview at least. he would certainly bring a certain attitude to this organization.

now lets get robinson back and lets get the old gang together!

Old
04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Kriss E

To me, with the language criteria, there's no question Bergevin is the best fit.
My money has been on him since the start.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:25 PM
GoHomez

Quote:

There is a semi-professional soccer team in England being run that way, can't remember what level, but I think it's tier 3 something.
Everything is decided by the members of the club..

Old
04-13-2012, 03:29 PM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
There is a semi-professional soccer team in England being run that way, can't remember what level, but I think it's tier 3 something.
Everything is decided by the members of the club..
And they are neck high in financial difficulties I believe

I think they had bought the team from bankruptcy and installed that system. The club had a hard time getting new money because people would not renew their memberships.

I think it was called My Football FC or something...

Old
04-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
And they are neck high in financial difficulties I believe

I think they had bought the team from bankruptcy and installed that system. The club had a hard time getting new money because people would not renew their memberships.

I think it was called My Football FC or something...
Sounds like exactly the type of tool we need. We can call that Management by follies!....a brand new management style.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'll read about it in La Presse.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:21 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Sounds like exactly the type of tool we need. We can call that Management by follies!....a brand new management style.
We've had our fair share of tools recently, thank you very much.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Protest the Hero

Just hire the best GM available, if he's English, hire a French actor to play the role of the GM.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
We've had our fair share of tools recently, thank you very much.
Get away from that mirror.....

Old
04-13-2012, 07:20 PM
uocooco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Just hire the best GM available, if he's English, hire a French actor to play the role of the GM.
just like in Politics lmao, why not..

Closed Thread