HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

WCQF | Game 1 | (6)Blackhawks @ (3)Coyotes | 7PM |4-12-12|FSA+ NBCSN RDS CSN Chicago

Old
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Agree on all points. Especially Hawks > Wings fans.......not even close. And must have been 75-80% Coyotes crowd last night....that was also great.
I think its because there are so many Hawks fans who have adopted the Coyotes as their second team. And while this is for the playoffs, most Hawk fans are educated enough to know this means more for the Coyotes, both on and off the ice.

Rebranded Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I've been fortunate with my connections. I have someone that gets tickets from his company, that usually hand them out to clients, and I was fortunate enough to get quite a bit of those tickets. He got me tickets for the playoffs last year for my birthday, but he didn't have to pay for them, the company paid for them.

That being said, I have paid for tickets also. I'm betting the team is staying, and I will be in Phoenix by then set with my job, and I'll just be getting a seat for myself for the whole season.
I dont think that counts because someone is paying for them. When the Coyotes say they give out free tickets themselves, I just want to get on that list for one year. And I loved them promoting next year's season tickets right after the win and when the Coyotes took the lead in the second period...SMART!!!

Rebranded Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Agree on all points. Especially Hawks > Wings fans.......not even close. And must have been 75-80% Coyotes crowd last night....that was also great.
oh, I was mostly referring to their physical appearance...especially facial appearance

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Congratulations! 3 more to go!
15 to go

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I dont think that counts because someone is paying for them. When the Coyotes say they give out free tickets themselves, I just want to get on that list for one year. And I loved them promoting next year's season tickets right after the win and when the Coyotes took the lead in the second period...SMART!!!
Yeah, true. I just hope next year I'm one of the people paying from my own checkbook for season tickets.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
75-80% would have been VERY generous. I did a quick look-see at my section and out of about 340 seats, I saw maybe 10 Hawks jerseys.

Looking around at the other sections, it was almost entirely white with tiny little groups of red clustered together. I think if you said 10% Hawks fans, that would be generous.

It's cracking me up to read some of the tweets, esp. on the #nordiques hash tag this morning. So far I've seen:
we didn't sell out the game (we did)
people didn't stay for the OT (they did - I saw VERY few people leave and not come back after the 3rd period)
we gave away all of the seats (doubtful)
"most" fans were at their first hockey game ever (how would you even know that? what a stupid thing to say)
the coyotes fans were quiet (yeah, if you had your tv on mute they probably were)
the "let's go blackhawks" cheer was louder than the one for the coyotes (really? I couldn't hear the blackhawks cheering over the "let's go coyotes" chants. Maybe their English isn't so good?)

I can understand reading the tea leaves on the ownership situation and convincing yourself that the team is going to QC, or that they are staying in Phoenix. Too much speculation on that end. But if anyone is actually WATCHING footage fo the game, or viewing photos from the game, so many of these stupid things are flat-out lies.

If you are going to lie, why not go all-out and make it a good one. Something like "Hawks beat Coyotes 6-1 in a shoot-out at first round playoff game."

Last edited by TickleMeYandle: 04-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
TickleMeYandle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:00 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
15 to go
and what about the WE WANT THE CUP chants as we were leaving.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
15 to go
I'm going with 1 to go...I'll worry about #3 if they get #2.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
PhoPhan

For what it's worth, from watching the broadcast feed (which shows mostly only the lower bowl), I'd guess the crowd composition was about 88-92% white and 8-12% red.

PhoPhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Nail biting game. Had some frustrations at the bar early on when we couldn't find the game on their Direct Tv. Finally, some other fans were there and helped out, put it on just seconds before the first drop of the puck.

Really thought Boedker looked good. Of course he can improve, but he was all over the ice when his line was out there. Some how Pyatt has managed to come through with some clutch goals since he came back. Then you got OEL who just seemed to find that extra gear once OT hit. Kid's such a great skater.

Sucks about Vrbata, can't really dwell on his absence much. Only good thing about this is Chipchura will most likely be seeing some time. Won't really help our offensive talent but will add another layer of physicality.

Hail Mike Smith!

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
I posted some time ago when people were ready to waive Pyatt that he was brought in for the playoffs, not the regular season. His play on both ends of the ice was superb. I'm glad to see the guy have a great game. He's a good guy.
I think this is an example of his ability to play what Tip always refers to as a heavy game. It's not that he's overly physical or mean but he's big and simply put he's not easy to push around. Things tighten up in the playoffs and smaller players can get smothered a bit but it doesn't really effect Pyatt much because of his size.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Do you remember the price tag, by any chance? I'm not sure it matters. I pretty much HAVE to have one.
Yep, it was $80. A little pricey for a screen printed jersey but they did look pretty cool! If they would've had my size I was seriously considering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I just noticed that, too. I guess Tippett knows something we don't, as usual.
haha I think Tip could paraphrase a line from Chasing Amy: *****, what you all don't know about hockey I can just about squeeze in the Grand ****ing Canyon

Old
04-13-2012, 01:52 PM
hbk

The strategy from Chicago has to be to hit OEL and Yandle going forward. Expect that.

If Hawks fans think they can pressure Smith into not playing the puck anymore then they are misleading themselves. He's done this all year and while he's been burnt at times the team and the defense encourages that behavior. Maloney should be campaigning for the removal of the trapezoid.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
DirtDogMesa
STH Sec 208 Row A

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Mesa did you start that chant?
If it was a Smitty or Gordo chant and your near Section208 yep thats me. Killer game, still felt good about outcome after the BH tied it up. Boys were working really hard. B. Gordon's play is rubbing of on the rest of the team. I thought Korpi was hitting everything he could (think he is going Canadian & getting away from the European style play). Refs let them play last nite, the other SCPO games seemed to have too many penalties. Go Yotes & the Czech Mafia

DirtDogMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDogMesa View Post
If it was a Smitty or Gordo chant and your near Section208 yep thats me. Killer game, still felt good about outcome after the BH tied it up. Boys were working really hard. B. Gordon's play is rubbing of on the rest of the team. I thought Korpi was hitting everything he could (think he is going Canadian & getting away from the European style play). Refs let them play last nite, the other SCPO games seemed to have too many penalties. Go Yotes & the Czech Mafia
Wasn't at the game, but Crawford chant was coming through my television in the 3rd period. Crowd needs to get it going after he lets one in, not a period later! Either way, lots of good comments on the crowd. We couldn't hear the goal horn on the tv when we scored, so you guys were obviously loud!

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Any word on Vrbata today?

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Day to day, upper body injury.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
So pissed my dvr decided it didnt want to record longer than the two and a half hours of regulation. It recorded the three hours extra on all the other games so far but decides to flake out on the most important game. So the last thing I got to watch was the seabrook goal with 14 seconds left. Good thing I had a fridge full of beer.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:47 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Leafs fan, coming in peace. While I'm going for the Hawks in this series, it was nice to see the fans at Jobing rocking tonight and the Yotes getting a victory. Quick question though, do the Yotes not have a goal horn anymore? I'm watching the series on TSN and didn't hear anything outside the coyote howl.
Still have the horn. I think Vermette's shot was so insanely hard that the horn decided not to operate, lol.

All kidding aside, the horn must have failed in some way, b/c after Vermette's goal, something happened to it, as the sound was barely audible in the crowd....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Still have the horn. I think Vermette's shot was so insanely hard that the horn decided not to operate, lol.

All kidding aside, the horn must have failed in some way, b/c after Vermette's goal, something happened to it, as the sound was barely audible in the crowd....
The crowd noise was absolutely off the scale. I think that it was drowned out. Initially I didn't even think that they used the horn but people have heard it (barely) over the crowd noise on their DVRs.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
75-80% would have been VERY generous. I did a quick look-see at my section and out of about 340 seats, I saw maybe 10 Hawks jerseys.

Looking around at the other sections, it was almost entirely white with tiny little groups of red clustered together. I think if you said 10% Hawks fans, that would be generous.

It's cracking me up to read some of the tweets, esp. on the #nordiques hash tag this morning. So far I've seen:
we didn't sell out the game (we did)
people didn't stay for the OT (they did - I saw VERY few people leave and not come back after the 3rd period)
we gave away all of the seats (doubtful)
"most" fans were at their first hockey game ever (how would you even know that? what a stupid thing to say)
the coyotes fans were quiet (yeah, if you had your tv on mute they probably were)
the "let's go blackhawks" cheer was louder than the one for the coyotes (really? I couldn't hear the blackhawks cheering over the "let's go coyotes" chants. Maybe their English isn't so good?)

I can understand reading the tea leaves on the ownership situation and convincing yourself that the team is going to QC, or that they are staying in Phoenix. Too much speculation on that end. But if anyone is actually WATCHING footage fo the game, or viewing photos from the game, so many of these stupid things are flat-out lies.

If you are going to lie, why not go all-out and make it a good one. Something like "Hawks beat Coyotes 6-1 in a shoot-out at first round playoff game."
90/10 is about right for the split of fans.

One of the funniest things that I heard was a Hawks fan who was (seriously) saying that in the playoffs, the max you can go is 2 OTs, then the SO occurs. And we are the uneducated fans? (sarcasm)

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
doaner

Is it Saturday yet?

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
The crowd noise was absolutely off the scale. I think that it was drowned out. Initially I didn't even think that they used the horn but people have heard it (barely) over the crowd noise on their DVRs.
I assume they played it but I couldn't even hear the normal goal music.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:36 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I assume they played it but I couldn't even hear the normal goal music.
Me either. They played it, but you couldn't really hear it. Especially after the GWG.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:40 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Almost decked the Hawk fan behind me. He had the most annoying voice ever (Chicago accent, and high pitched). He was the biggest homer ever (Every time the Coyotes hit a hawk it was a penelty, or a trip) and kept talking crap about the Coyotes fan base. I controlled myself well, but tomorrow I'm bring a giant sign to piss him off.

And yes, they did play the goal horn.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote