HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko discussion thread PART 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2012, 01:06 AM
oPlaiD

vCash: 500
I don't understand how Tarasenko being a "loyal" guy is a negative in this situation. That means he'll have loyalty to the club the NHL that drafted him, the club that traded a good prospect away specifically to pick him. If he really is loyal he has an obligation to the Blues his sense of loyalty will force him to fulfill.

Granted, that doesn't mean it's going to be this season he fulfills it, but still. The things people are saying and the nitpicking of every little detail is absolutely crazy.

Old
04-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Just read the paragraph on Tarasenko, and I'll give Strickland credit for the fact he doesn't claim to know anything. Some of the things he references are weird though.

Tarasenko is a loyal guy? And? He has been with SKA for under 3 months, somehow I don't think his sense of loyalty to them is going to be overwhelming.

His father coaches in the KHL? Not on his team, and considering both his father and grandfather want to see him playing hockey in the NHL, I really don't understand the point that he is trying to make.
Is his father coaching again? Wasn't he fired from Sibr?

Old
04-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Is his father coaching again? Wasn't he fired from Sibr?
Demoted. He is still coaching Sibir, he is just not head coach.

Old
04-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Demoted. He is still coaching Sibir, he is just not head coach.
Ah, okay. I still don't see how that would be a factor if his rights are with SKA. Seems Strick is just trying to lower everyone's expectations, or puts too much trust in Khavanov.

Old
04-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Ah, okay. I still don't see how that would be a factor if his rights are with SKA. Seems Strick is just trying to lower everyone's expectations, or puts too much trust in Khavanov.
Seems like a ton of jokes could be made about his time with the Blues. He was easily one of my most disliked players on the Blues of all time.

Old
04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Nothing wrong with lowering expectations on a matter like this really. As h22prelude93 pointed out, Khavanov is clearly his "source" for this and he says in his article that his entire position is based on the Khavanov picks up on in conversations with Tarasenko. Somehow I don't think that Khavanov speaks directly with Tarasenko that often, but I'll find out.

Old
04-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
I thought I read that Tarasenko's KHL rights would revert to Sibir at the end of this season. Is that not correct?

Old
04-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I thought I read that Tarasenko's KHL rights would revert to Sibir at the end of this season. Is that not correct?
Not sure. That was what was initially said, but apparently Medvedev has indicated in interviews that SKA will retain the RFA rights of Tarasenko. During a couple of SKA playoff games, the commentators were also talking about SKA signing Tarasenko for next season as well.

Hopefully I'll have the answers in a few hours.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:18 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
It was first reported that his KHL RFA rights would go back to Sibir. Then SKA President and KHL President (talk about a conflict of interest) Medvedev said that SKA would retain his rights. A couple weeks ago though, it was reported that was actually wrong and that Vova's rights would in fact go back to Sibir. It hasn't officially been clarified so hopefully it can be relatively soon.

Either way though, I really don't care as I think he'll be signing with the Blues regardless. One could also pose both options of which team his rights belong to as either a positive or negative. It could be bad for us if they're held by SKA since they're the richest team and could thus likely offer him a big contract...or it could be good for us as Tarasenko said he wouldn't sign with any KHL team other than Sibir. Conversely, it could be bad for us if his rights belong to Sibir because then the one and only KHL team he said he'd sign for would own his rights, or it could be good for us as Sibir likely wouldn't be able to offer him a huge contract. It's all about how you want to view things, what agenda you want to push, how much you one believes what Tarasenko says, how much one things a potentially big KHL offer would persuade the kid to stay there, etc. At the end of the day, it's going to be up to Tarasenko and we won't know until late May or early June.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Alklha

Confirmed that his rights will transfer back to Sibir on May 1st.

Old
04-08-2012, 06:56 PM
MedicBluesFan443

Quote:
Thank you!

Old
04-08-2012, 06:58 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
How did you confirm this?

But SKA will still be able to offer him a bazillion millions though, right?

Old
04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Was there something new from SKA about Tarasenko eying the NHL?

Old
04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Was there something new from SKA about Tarasenko eying the NHL?
Quote:
“Are you doing anything to keep your stars Vladimir Tarasenko and Victor Tikhonov?”

“We still own Tikhonov and Tarasenko, but the lads have clearly set their sights on NHL. However, I don’t think they are ready yet. We are ready to do all we can to keep them, but it’s not about the money. At the moment we need to figure out, if they want to remain in Saint-Petersburg,” the GM admitted in an interview to Sporbox.ru.

http://www.sports.ru/en/hockey/139915736.html

Old
04-12-2012, 04:12 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Thanks! And lolz. "I don't think they are ready yet. I really see Tarasenko as just ready enough to take millions upon millions of a bribe from us to stay. He seems approximately about that ready."

In seriousness, clearest sign yet he's coming. When you're resorting to dissing a player's ability you're no longer trying to win his heart & mind and woo him to do what you want. Admitting it's not about the money means it's not about the one short-term incentive you have. Notice how when Kuznetsov chose to stay they weren't saying he was staying because he wasn't ready to go to the NHL, he was staying because he was a patriot. And Tarasenko had a better year in every respect than Kuznetsov.

Old
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
No, he wants the NHL, but he's not ready yet. That's hilarious. Being arguably the best forward in the entire KHL isn't enough for the NHL apparently. Poor Tarasenko will never be good enough lol.

Edit: It's not about the money, so we'll have to see what he wants to do...You just said he wants to play in the NHL dumb ass!

Old
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Alklha

Quote:
How did you confirm this?

But SKA will still be able to offer him a bazillion millions though, right?
Few different places. Most public being the official Sibir press release.

"Особенно отметим тот факт, что спортивные права на Владимира Тарасенко и Александра Кутузова будут возвращены ХК «Сибирь» с 01.05.2012 года"
"Importantly, note the fact that the sporting rights of Vladimir Tarasenko and Alexander Kutuzov will be returned to HC Sibir on 1 May 2012."

SKA and another team want him though.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
By far the most defining factor in his reporting what his "own gut sense" is whatever random agenda the person who wants to use him has. Anyone at all familiar with Strickland's reporting style knows that if you tell him something, and you ever played or held a management position, he swallows it uncritically and writes it up. Therefore everyone who talks to Strickland knows what's going to happen when they do. This is not a bright guy. Not knowing the rules, he's a guy who just assumes you capitalize professions because he grants credibility to anyone he perceives as over him. Then he turns around and writes to fans condescendingly in his inimitable illiterate fashion, as if he's got special info because a Lawyer or Agent or Doctor or Business Man decided to use him like the moist towelette he is.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Strickland is a buffoon.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:57 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Thanks! And lolz. "I don't think they are ready yet. I really see Tarasenko as just ready enough to take millions upon millions of a bribe from us to stay. He seems approximately about that ready."

In seriousness, clearest sign yet he's coming. When you're resorting to dissing a player's ability you're no longer trying to win his heart & mind and woo him to do what you want. Admitting it's not about the money means it's not about the one short-term incentive you have. Notice how when Kuznetsov chose to stay they weren't saying he was staying because he wasn't ready to go to the NHL, he was staying because he was a patriot. And Tarasenko had a better year in every respect than Kuznetsov.
Yeah I'm not quite sure what he meant by "not ready yet"...Maybe he meant he thinks they aren't ready to leave mother Russia, but if he meant that he isn't ready or mature enough as a player then that's just ridiculous and even more of a reason for Tarasenko to want to prove them all wrong. He probably just said that to keep the hope alive for SKA fans....But either way this is just wonderful news. Pretty much means that Tarasenko has already communicated to SKA that he plans on making the jump. At this point all we can do is cross our fingers and wait to see what happens after the Worlds.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:24 AM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap
Quote:
Few different places. Most public being the official Sibir press release.

"Особенно отметим тот факт, что спортивные права на Владимира Тарасенко и Александра Кутузова будут возвращены ХК «Сибирь» с 01.05.2012 года"
"Importantly, note the fact that the sporting rights of Vladimir Tarasenko and Alexander Kutuzov will be returned to HC Sibir on 1 May 2012."

SKA and another team want him though.
Bad news.
Quote:
— Права на Тарасенко остались у «Сибири» или у СКА?
— Теперь права на Тарасенко у СКА.
Source: http://hcsibir.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=66729

Old
04-16-2012, 06:08 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by steap View Post
Thanks for the update. Translation for the non-Russian speakers is just the Sibir GM saying that the rights to Tarasenko are now with SKA.

Hopefully Tarasenko is in the NHL next season, but I'd say it is 50/50 at best now.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:16 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Translation for the non-Russian speakers is just the Sibir GM saying that the rights to Tarasenko are now with SKA.

Hopefully Tarasenko is in the NHL next season, but I'd say it is 50/50 at best now.
I don't get it. Why would SKA owning his rights make it 50/50 now? Just last week SKA's GM stated Tarasenko clearly has his sights set on the NHL. I'm just wondering what the logic is here.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
I don't get it. Why would SKA owning his rights make it 50/50 now? Just last week SKA's GM stated Tarasenko clearly has his sights set on the NHL. I'm just wondering what the logic is here.
If SKA had acquired his rights in the initial trade, then the fact SKA had his rights would be pretty meaningless at this stage.

What has changed is the fact that SKA went back to Sibir since the trade in January and bought the RFA rights to Tarasenko. I'd imagine they must feel they have a decent chance of convincing him to stay if they have went out and spent money to acquire those rights.

Old
04-16-2012, 07:48 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
If SKA had acquired his rights in the initial trade, then the fact SKA had his rights would be pretty meaningless at this stage.

What has changed is the fact that SKA went back to Sibir since the trade in January and bought the RFA rights to Tarasenko. I'd imagine they must feel they have a decent chance of convincing him to stay if they have went out and spent money to acquire those rights.
In the same respect, couldn't one argue that Sibir sold his rights because they felt there was a good chance Tarasenko would be making the jump either way? I understand what you're saying...I just don't see how this changes anything on Tarasenko and his agents end. It's still 100% his decision, and although SKA attaining his rights looks good...I would think in the grand scheme of things that really shouldn't affect his ultimate decision much at all.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:

That seems like a huge leap. Is there not value owning his rights should it not work out in the NHL and he decides to return to the KHL? That's all this is about. Plus, what's been reported has changed so frequently that another report could come out tomorrow about who's got his rights. Seems way obvious the NHL is what everyone who interacts with him thinks he'll do.

Why would he want to play with those SKA stiffs?

Closed Thread