HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings Video Interviews, Fan Vids, Highlights - 2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Btw I took that as a statement of fact from Jim but have yet to see that reported anywhere else.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea View Post
if bitz got 2 games, weber should have gotten 4 games.. hits happen in the league while ramming someone head into board is not...
The NHL has one rulebook for stars and another rulebook for the other players.

If Bitz got 2 games, Weber slamming another player's head into the glass should get at least 1 game based solely on the intent behind it.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Bitz is an ape on skates and Weber is one of the league's stars.

Shanahan should have really fined Weber only $2.50, just to ensure that even the doubters will understand the double-standard.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Part of me wishes *****, sorry, I mean Bitz wouldn't have gotten suspended. He probably would've been a lock for dumb penalty or two in the coming games.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Part of me wishes *****, sorry, I mean Bitz wouldn't have gotten suspended. He probably would've been a lock for dumb penalty or two in the coming games.
Yeah, a dumb penalty that could cost us Kopi, Richards, Carter, Brown, ect. Screw that, I'm glad that piece of crap is suspended.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Pure speculation on Fox's part. He'll get a game at most.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

No confirmation of the Jim Fox tweet yet, but it's entirely possible he's one of the first to know what was decided.

He should have said "I predict" though, if he was just speculating.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
No confirmation of the Jim Fox tweet yet, but it's entirely possible he's one of the first to know what was decided.

He should have said "I predict" though, if he was just speculating.
He did say "will" so I don't know if that constitutes a prediction...I haven't seen any confirmation of this either.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/12/12 Post Practice Interviews

4/12/12 - Post Practice - Dustin Brown

Dustin Brown of the LA Kings spoke with media following practice on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/12/12 - Post Practice - Drew Doughty

Drew Doughty of the LA Kings spoke with media following practice on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/12/12 - Post Practice - Mike Richards

Mike Richards of the LA Kings spoke with media following practice on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/12/12 - Post Practice - Jordan Nolan

Jordan Nolan of the LA Kings spoke with Daryl Evans following practice on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/12/12 - Post Practice - Matt Greene

Matt Greene of the LA Kings spoke with Daryl Evans following practice on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Last edited by KingsVision: 04-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old
04-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

For Foxy's sake, I sure hope Bitz actually got suspended, because people are retweeting his comment all over the place as if it's a fact.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Per Dreger, it is 2 games.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/12/12 - Post Practice - Coach Sutter

Coach Sutter of the LA Kings spoke with media following practice on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

LA Kings Practice Report - 4/12/12

LA Kings Practice Report - 4/12/12

Daryl Evans and LA Kings Insider Rich Hammond break down game 1 from last night and give updates after the optional skate on 4/12/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-12-2012, 09:24 PM
SinBinSportsBlog

Weber should have got at least a game, a 2500 dollar fine is nothing

Old
04-12-2012, 10:00 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The Canucks as an org should have been fined and a serious amount at that.

That had to massage the roster to fit that pile of human excrement into their line up knowing that he ZERO NHL ability other than to skate very slowly and injure his opponents and not the way that straight forward hockey players do but by dirty filthy garbage cheap azz intent to injure hack jobs.

The NHL is garbage and Shanahan has done nothing right since taking over his position. The guy should be fired today but not just for the B.S. two game suspension to a worthless hack who isn't going to even be in the NHL after this season but take a look at this season.

Crosby, the face of the NHL is cheap shot away from the game and misses most of the season. There are several other incidents but lets just use this as an example.

The piece of garbage who broke SC's neck got a couple of games when the Pens, a team I hate by the way were without the best player in the world (arguably) for the vast majority of the season and may possibly never play the game the same way again.

The solution to this problem is simple.

Once an intent to injure major is called on the ice the offending player is suspended from the NHL in its entirety. His case is then sent to an NHL adjudicator where it is reviewed and if it is indeed found to have been intentional then that player remains suspended by the NHL and is unavailable to play in the NHL or receive any pay from any NHL team or its affiliates until the injured player returns to regular game play.

Once the injured player returns to regular NHL play the suspended player can then apply for reinstatement to the NHL and then be allowed to serve any suspension that the league deems fit for the actions that saw him removed from the NHL.

The only addition that I would make to this is that I would allow for an outside arbitrator to review the case as an automatic appeal prior to the player be removed from the NHL.

In other words if you are found to have intentionally injured another player then you are thrown out of the NHL until that player returns to regular NHL play and then the NHL will assess any suspension that they think you have coming.

It makes you accountable for your actions in that if you pull a Bertuzzi and literally ruin another players career to the point where he is unable to return to the NHL then you too will never play in the NHL again.

If you only temporarily injure a player then you get to sit out until they return to play and then you can serve further suspension as determined by the league. It would have to make hacks think twice about running guys and intentionally injuring them.

There is more to the idea but I believe it would work or even a modified version of it would work so much better than what we have to accept as discipline today.

Shanahan sucks at this job and should be removed. A hack like Bitz should have to sit out until Clifford returns to regular NHL play and then be allowed to serve his two games.

AN eye for an eye.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Quattro

oh for crissakes, it was a bad hit but the guy's not Hitler. 2 games is fine. Move on.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:58 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
oh for crissakes, it was a bad hit but the guy's not Hitler. 2 games is fine. Move on.
I know, who cares if this kind of thing goes on right? I mean what difference does it make if these sort of things have drastically increased over the past two seasons? Why discuss it right?

Meh.

Old
04-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Z40
High Compete Level

Bitz's hit was so stupid and dangerous. 2 games, well deserved. In light of this suspension, I really can't believe Shea Weber didn't get at least a 1 game suspension.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:58 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/13/12 Pre Game Interviews

4/13/12 - Pre Game - Coach Sutter

Coach Sutter of the Kings spoke with the media before game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/13/12 - Pre Game - Dustin Brown

Dustin Brown of the Kings spoke with the media before game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/13/12 - Pre Game - Anze Kopitar

Anze Kopitar of the Kings spoke with the media before game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/13/12 - Pre Game - Drew Doughty

Drew Doughty of the Kings spoke with the media before game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

4/13/12 - Pre Game - Dustin Penner

Dustin Penner of the Kings spoke with the media before game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinals on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Thanks for posting these. Glad to see all the guys are in the right frame of mind. Treat this game as if they're down and come out hard for the full 60.

Old
04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

LA Kings Game Preview - Game 2

LA Kings Game Preview - Game 2

Daryl Evans and LA Kings Insider Rich Hammond break down game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinal between LA and Vancouver.

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
kookboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Shanahan sucks at this job and should be removed. A hack like Bitz should have to sit out until Clifford returns to regular NHL play and then be allowed to serve his two games.

AN eye for an eye.
Old timer Canucks guy here coming in peace. I fully agree with this statement and it should apply across the board. Bitz is a disgrace to this organization. I'm a hockey fan, not a Canucks-only fan meaning if it's good hockey no matter the team, I'm in. After the first period, I was enjoying watching the Kings play tight and hard against the floundering Canucks. If the Canucks show the same type of play they did in the first game, then I hope the Kings sweep. Cheers

Old
04-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I know, who cares if this kind of thing goes on right? I mean what difference does it make if these sort of things have drastically increased over the past two seasons? Why discuss it right?

Meh.

I agree Shanny is blowing it. 2 games isn't enough to send the message that this isn't ok. Weber should have been suspended. Duncan Keith getting five meaningless games is ridiculous too. Instead of these 2-5 game punishments, how about 15-20 games? I bet then you'll start to see a decline in these types of hits.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookboy View Post
Old timer Canucks guy here coming in peace. I fully agree with this statement and it should apply across the board. Bitz is a disgrace to this organization. I'm a hockey fan, not a Canucks-only fan meaning if it's good hockey no matter the team, I'm in. After the first period, I was enjoying watching the Kings play tight and hard against the floundering Canucks. If the Canucks show the same type of play they did in the first game, then I hope the Kings sweep. Cheers
I can appreciate an old-timer Canucks fan since I am an even-older-timer Kings fan...(by three years ).

I agree that it should be an eye for an eye...same thing with that Keith hit on Sedin. Keith should be made to sit for the entire time Sedin can't come back.

Bitz might be worse for your team on the ice than off of it. He seems like one of those guys that can bonehead a play into a series loss...much like...uh, Stoll for us. Yeah.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:19 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/13/12 Highlights vs. Vancouver

Brown Scores A Shorty

Dustin Brown puts in a shorthanded goal after a sweet move by Anze Kopitar to give the Kings the 1-0 lead in the 1st period.

Click HERE to watch!

Brown Lights The Lamp Again

Dustin Brown scores his second shorthanded goal of the night giving the Kings the 2-1 lead in the 2nd period on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Quick robs Kessler

Jonathan Quick robs Vancouver's Kessler after a nifty move in the 2nd period on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Hat Trick for Brown

Dustin Brown scores his third goal of the game poking it in to gives the Kings a 3-1 lead in the third period on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Lewis Wrap Around Goal

Trevor Lewis puts the game on ice with a wrap around goal to make it 4-1 Kings in the third period on 4/13/12.

Click HERE to watch!

Closed Thread