HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Chicago

Old
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
V&N, colloquially known as Nick n' Vito's in my family, is by far the most popular choice for pizza night. That and Barraco's, and formerly holding the title was Ricobene's.

And I doubt Aurelio's has this distinction:

Thin crust is garbage.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Thin crust is garbage.
tryin to get stabbed?

Quote:
Go have a taste bud transplant.
no you!

Quote:
The one time I had Aurelio's it was WAY too salty for me. That may just be because I went there on a bad day, but I'm scared to go back.
Yea, aurelios is pretty salty, but since I grew up on it and don't eat it much its fine. Their sauce is awesome.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
shakes the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
If you're in or around Lincolnshire, I recommend Bob Chinns (crab house). Fresh seafood flown in daily. Was or still is the #1 restaurant in terms of volume in the US. They specialize in Dungeness crab but only in season. They have a full menu for seafood.

http://www.bobchinns.com/
Was also recently closed for health code violations. I think its back open if you're feeling adventurous.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but are you aware of how far Lincolnshire is from Chicago? Without traffic (which means 2 am) it is still a good 45 minutes to downtown.

shakes the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:22 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Vito and Nick's egg pizza is great for sopping up alcohol.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Recoil

Must hit "Big and Littles" on Orleans and Chestnut. Not for the pizza, but damn good food cheap. Mostly a fish shack, but also has other pretty good items too. For example:

Also, try to hit Kuma's Corner for a great burger.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:48 PM
shakes the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Must hit "Big and Littles" on Orleans and Chestnut.

Big and Little's either moved or closed down cause its not on Orleans anymore. Okay, just checked the web and it says they are still there...now I'm confused cause I drive by there a couple times a week and I swear the blue awning has been gone for a couple months now and the building looks deserted.

Kuma's is very good, but waits can be as long as 2-3 hours depending on when you go.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Not Now John
I'm being repressed!

vCash: 2210
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Yea, aurelios is pretty salty, but since I grew up on it and don't eat it much its fine. Their sauce is awesome.
That's not good for me cause I have these ulcers from when I had braces. Which is why I find NnV better by nine country miles. Also, for you Sox Siders then Tony's Italian Beef is phenomenal. If you don't like it then gtfo of ChiTown.

Not Now John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 10:13 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakans Lube View Post
Was also recently closed for health code violations. I think its back open if you're feeling adventurous.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but are you aware of how far Lincolnshire is from Chicago? Without traffic (which means 2 am) it is still a good 45 minutes to downtown.
No I wasn't aware exactly how far away it is. I think someone around the office said it was something like 20 miles? Which I would assume about 40-45 minutes away. How much longer of a commute is it with traffic?

Also, what is the public transit system like? Or would you recommend getting around via taxi?

04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Public transit is pretty good. It's not New York, almost everyone owns a car.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:03 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Must hit "Big and Littles" on Orleans and Chestnut. Not for the pizza, but damn good food cheap. Mostly a fish shack, but also has other pretty good items too. For example:

Yummy looking...but not nearly as yummy looking as poutine!!

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:45 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Public transit is pretty good. It's not New York, almost everyone owns a car.
chicago's public transit is pretty good, but i'd sooner take the L and walk within a mile and half-2miles than **** with the busses.

San fran's public trans is on point.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Not Now John
I'm being repressed!

Tony's Italian Beef, same neighborhood, or at least near, as V&N. Not as good as baked right on the pizza but I still do it anyway on Christmas Eve.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Cullksinikers

Thanks for making me hungry, everyone.

Not to be a P.I.A, but would a mod merge this threat with the stickied one? It's odd seeing two threads with the same title.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
shakes the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
No I wasn't aware exactly how far away it is. I think someone around the office said it was something like 20 miles? Which I would assume about 40-45 minutes away. How much longer of a commute is it with traffic?

Also, what is the public transit system like? Or would you recommend getting around via taxi?

From Lincolnshire to downtown is not 20 miles, its more like 30-35. Without traffic its not a bad drive, but trying to get downtown any time between 2pm -7:30pm from there will be a nightmare and could take as long as 1.5 hours.

Public transportation once you are in the city is great, but coming from the suburbs your options are severely limited. There's almost no way to do it from Lincolnshire, you would have to drive to neighboring Deerfield or Wheeling and catch the train. They run every hour I think, but I think they stop running around 11 so getting home is going to be tough.

You can also drive east to Wilmette, park and take the El downtown, but once again not sure how late it runs coming home.

Once you are in the city the El is a good option and buses are regular and on every major street.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Not Now John
I'm being repressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakans Lube View Post
Once you are in the city the El is a good option and buses are regular and on every major street.
The El also runs through major interstates if you're going out to and from the suburbs, they have several Park n' Ride lots and the tracks cut right through the center of the highway. Just if you're going to the outlying towns.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:22 PM
shakes the clown

Quote:
The El also runs through major interstates if you're going out to and from the suburbs, they have several Park n' Ride lots and the tracks cut right through the center of the highway. Just if you're going to the outlying towns.

but not through the interstate that runs through Lincolnshire. That's why I suggested he drive to Wilmette, but like I said, that all depends on how late the trains run out to the suburbs. And if you're gonna drive to Wilmette to catch the train, you might as well just keep going and drive to the city. The conveniene of having your car with you is worth the extra few minutes you are gonna spend in traffic while driving vs using the El from the suburbs (which would require a transfer from purple to red or brown line).