HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks win game 1!

Old
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Whats funniest about all this is the Blues fans are not even whining about it for the most part. They understand those are good hockey plays you are going to see in the playoffs. I would go so far as to say it's the Sharks experience advantage showing up. The Sharks know what to change about their game to win the playoffs, they know playing a totally clean game just ends up with early golfing.

If the Blues don't figure that out quickly, Sharks are going to grind them to a series loss. It's not about the Sharks cheating, it's about the Blues not cheating.
This was a really different sight to see from the Sharks. It looked like vintage Detroit out there when the Sharks were still baby brother. The core has tons of playoff experience and the new comers (Havlat, Burns) are itching to show what they can do in the 2nd season. Completing agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
I don't think Murray is being talked about enough. He probably made some bad plays but he was competing so hard out there. Throwing two Blues players after the whistle, destroying anything in sight. Just awesome.
Murray played a really good game. From the time he was hit, he played physical and tossed Blues' players around. He even had several nice plays involving stick checks and (more noticeable) some puck-moving plays where he spin-moved or used patience to move the play.

My favorite play (other than Thornton wanting to captain fight) was Burns tossing Perron after a whistle with Murray sending Oshie to the ice seconds before.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
do0glas

i dont think murray was exposed as much as people are saying. i think he cleaned up the corners really nice, which is something they were doing all night.

also hilarity from a blues writer on the NHL recap:

our goals:
There was a pick play by San Jose's Logan Couture on St. Louis' Vladimir Sobotka on the play that helped create some room for Clowe to get a soft backhand pass to Havlat. He made no mistake in firing a shot that seemed to glance off the Blues' Barret Jackman and beat Halak on the near side

Havlat was able to free himself after knocking Alex Pietrangelo out of the play on what could have been an interference call. But with no whistle, Pietrangelo was late getting back into defensive position and allowed Boyle to skate in and let go a shot; Havlat was able to redirect it high into the net past Halak for a 1-0 lead. It was San Jose's first goal in this building this season, a span of 146:02 in 2011-12 and 150:58 dating back to last season.

their goals:

But Berglund tied the game just 54 seconds into the third period, deflecting Shattenkirk's right point shot between his legs and over Niemi's right shoulder, triggering an eruption from the sellout crowd of 19,333.

Berglund struck again after taking a pass from Andy McDonald. The Sharks came in shorthanded and got caught on an odd-man rush, with McDonald feeding Berglund, who skated around Joe Pavelski and snapped a shot past Niemi 7:28 into the third for a 2-1 lead

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

My Blue's critique on Havlat's first goal that I noticed in game, during replays and now today.

Why didn't Petro go after Boyle? He let him hold it, wind up, hold it and fire. All the while, Petro skated to where he should have been if he was in the play on a reset. Three Blues players were down low already, he should have filled the top right box position and pressure the puck.

But let's just call it interference and call it a day.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He made one stupid defensive play, but he made up for it with a really great one at the end of the first. He shouldn't have been at fault for Thornton shoving the puck into his skates and causing an off-sides. He was pretty much a non-factor offensively, but so was the rest of his line. I noticed he threw a couple of hits on Pietrangelo.

He really does look injured. Reminds me of '09.
People are always going to be overly critical of Patrick Marleau unless he's putting multiple points on the board. For a guy that wasn't noticeable to most people, being a +1 is at least saying that he's not a detriment and that his opposition isn't putting pucks into the back of his net.

It's not as if Marleau was in the position that Galiardi was in with chances galore near the net. That entire line was not doing much in the offensive zone and it's rarely Marleau that is the catalyst when he's on that line.

At least they have room for improvement and if they win tomorrow, I might be on board with them winning this series. Until then, I'm still siding with the Blues here.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

At first I was irritated with Gali for not finishing, but I'm thinking that can't last all series.

Moore irritated me more than once (not including the PK goal against) bc he had numerous plays that backfired. His speed is still enough for me to prefer him over replacements.

Having 3a and 3b lines should bode well if the Todd can match those up against the Blues. 3b could and should be 3 at times and 3a could and should be 4 at times.

Either way, it's refreshing to have the option plus depth.

Old
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
SJSharks42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
This was a really different sight to see from the Sharks. It looked like vintage Detroit out there when the Sharks were still baby brother. The core has tons of playoff experience and the new comers (Havlat, Burns) are itching to show what they can do in the 2nd season. Completing agree with this.

Murray played a really good game. From the time he was hit, he played physical and tossed Blues' players around. He even had several nice plays involving stick checks and (more noticeable) some puck-moving plays where he spin-moved or used patience to move the play.

My favorite play (other than Thornton wanting to captain fight) was Burns tossing Perron after a whistle with Murray sending Oshie to the ice seconds before.
Is there a gif of this? Loved seeing Perron tumble over Oshie

SJSharks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:43 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
At first I was irritated with Gali for not finishing, but I'm thinking that can't last all series.

Moore irritated me more than once (not including the PK goal against) bc he had numerous plays that backfired. His speed is still enough for me to prefer him over replacements.

Having 3a and 3b lines should bode well if the Todd can match those up against the Blues. 3b could and should be 3 at times and 3a could and should be 4 at times.

Either way, it's refreshing to have the option plus depth.
Actually, I think Todd needs to figure out that Desjardins is not a 4th liner. He should be getting at least 3rd line minutes because he can play and it should never be with Mitchell or Handzus.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
I didn't say anything about a change. He's physical and slow. His positioning (which used to a strength) hasn't been very good. He hits and blocks shots which is great but I think he'd be more effective with lesser minutes.
Ah, I misunderstood.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 07:56 PM
justinboo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks42 View Post
Is there a gif of this? Loved seeing Perron tumble over Oshie
yes please if anyone has access it would be great to see this!!

justinboo* is offline   Reply With Quote