HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

It's not over until it's over!

Old
04-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Karnage420

vCash: 500
no clue how anyone thinks we have a chance after that.

very very demoralizing for the boys.

I'll still watch every game, but i've seen too much hockey to ignore what happened.
(again)

Karnage420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:43 PM
SM17

I honestly think we can still win this. If game 1 wasn't a wake up call, then this sure is. It's not like we played our best game and lost. We played like ****. If we can tighten up our defense, and if Fleury plays the way he has so many games this season, we will take both in Philly.

SM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage420 View Post
no clue how anyone thinks we have a chance after that.
Perhaps you'll feel better when the Flyers are on home ice, nervously gripping their sticks tight in front of the home crowd.

Home ice was not a desirable thing in this series.

Last edited by SnS: 04-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Karnage420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
Perhaps you'll feel better when the Flyers are on home ice, nervously gripping their sticks tight in front of the home crowd.

Home ice was not a desirable thing in this series.
i hope i do.

but yeah not happening.

Last edited by SnS: 04-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old
04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Lustaf

Well that was an even more depressing loss then the first game.

The pens controlled the play more then philly did. Unfortunately EVERY break down the pens had (minus Talbot breakaway) the flyers made us pay. It sort of reminds me of the Caps series a few years ago. We were controlling but had bad breakdowns or bounces that costed us games.

We have a chance... always do until that final horn goes. Flyers are actually worse at home this year, so we've got that to go on. If Malkin and his line actually show up 5 on 5 we win either one of these last two games.

Lustaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:11 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustaf View Post
Well that was an even more depressing loss then the first game.

The pens controlled the play more then philly did. Unfortunately EVERY break down the pens had (minus Talbot breakaway) the flyers made us pay. It sort of reminds me of the Caps series a few years ago. We were controlling but had bad breakdowns or bounces that costed us games.

We have a chance... always do until that final horn goes. Flyers are actually worse at home this year, so we've got that to go on. If Malkin and his line actually show up 5 on 5 we win either one of these last two games.
Malkin has shown up. Couturier has been amazing these first two games. If you credit it any other way, you're a fool. Malkin could be better, but to say he hasn't shown up isn't giving credit where credit is due.

What Couturier is doing is amazing.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:16 PM
MoeLemay

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Lustaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
Malkin has shown up. Couturier has been amazing these first two games. If you credit it any other way, you're a fool. Malkin could be better, but to say he hasn't shown up isn't giving credit where credit is due.

What Couturier is doing is amazing.
Malkins entire line has been shut down 5 on 5, I don't care if he's playing against Couturier or Mario. He needs to do more then have 0 points and pure minus.

Lustaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
Only thing we have to look forward to is if Shero can fool someone into taking Martin.
You ain't kidding. He's signed for 3 more years @ $5.0m cap hit. The Leino deal is worse, so we'll throw in a 3rd round pick in the swap. haha. Sucks being stuck with expensive free agents who know their contracts are guaranteed. Does your owner have piles of cash? Maybe you can just bury him. I'm hoping Pegula lets Regier bury Leino in the A, or lend him to Europe or something(anything).

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Pancakes

Martin isn't as bad as people claim.

He's worse.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:02 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Sometimes it's over before it's over. This is one of those times.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Bauer Warrior*

You're right, it's not over until it's over, and the Flyers have proven that twice!

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:11 AM
marty 4 hart*

Sid will lead his team to glory! I just know it.

marty 4 hart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:15 AM
VinsaneBoy

Let's proudly wear our black and gold this weekend. If we fall, we fall together. As bad as things are, we need to stay with the Pens every step of the way.

VinsaneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:28 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
i hope i do.

but yeah not happening.

Flyers' fan here. We know this is not over. We are still proud of our 2010 Boston series.

I hope we still win, but I believe it's going to be a hard fought battle.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsaneBoy View Post
Let's proudly wear our black and gold this weekend. If we fall, we fall together. As bad as things are, we need to stay with the Pens every step of the way.
No we don't. This is a sport; we are fans. This is not a cult or a social club. I don't identify with the Pens nor do I feel part of a "Pens fan brotherhood." I expect, as a STH, these guys to play hard, smart, and give me my money's worth. Nothing more. They are failing miserably.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Flyers' fan here. We know this is not over. We are still proud of our 2010 Boston series.

I hope we still win, but I believe it's going to be a hard fought battle.
That's fair.

I thought the Pens would win in 7, but with you guys getting both games in Pittsburgh I'm now leaning toward Philly in 6. I still think the Pens get one of the next two in Philly, finally win a meaningful home game this season against the Flyers in game 5 and then the Flyers put them out of their misery in game 6.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:27 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

This series is far from over. I can't believe a fanbase with Crosby and Malkin on their team are waving the whiteflag. One win and you guys are right back in this thing.

To the guy who said Philly doesn't have Pitts talent, we may not have Crosby or Malkin, but Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Schenn, Briere, Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Couturier, Talbot, Timonen, Carle, Coburn, Grossmann are a lot more depth than most teams can throw at you. Don't forget we're missing Pronger, Meszaroes and JVR. You guys are healthy.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:43 AM
vodeni

let's be clear here:
we lost first game in overtime:
we lost second game after having 5:4 lead

it's not like we have been dismantled, bounce here or there, and more effort (if these players are capable of-I don't know anymore) and that can give us an edge here to win

vodeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post
This series is far from over. I can't believe a fanbase with Crosby and Malkin on their team are waving the whiteflag. One win and you guys are right back in this thing.

To the guy who said Philly doesn't have Pitts talent, we may not have Crosby or Malkin, but Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Schenn, Briere, Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Couturier, Talbot, Timonen, Carle, Coburn, Grossmann are a lot more depth than most teams can throw at you. Don't forget we're missing Pronger, Meszaroes and JVR. You guys are healthy.
Gee, thanks for bringing this to my attention, simply brilliant analysis. Hadn't noticed.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:46 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Gee, thanks for bringing this to my attention, simply brilliant analysis. Hadn't noticed.
I like the part where he listed all the players.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:48 AM
theicebox
#MonixWatch

This is now a two-game series. We have to take both games in Philly. Then, preferably, game 5, followed by a cluster**** of of emotions for games 6 and 7.

theicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Karnage420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
I like the part where he listed all the players.
my fav part was "mezaroes"

Old
04-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckistanFlyerfan View Post

I don't think we're waiving a white flag yet. I will root for my team until the second they get eliminated, but I try to be realistic about their chances. You drop the first 2 games at home and you're in a big hole.

Interesting how Pronger being injured turned out. You may not have gone out and got Grossmann if Pronger were healthy. I guess Pronger's better all around, but Grossmann is a stud defensively and now signed for a while.

You guys do have a lot of depth, but I think we do too. Both of our goalies have similarly good and bad stretches. I thought the difference would be the elite talent. I consider Giroux elite, but I figured having two elite players in Crosby and Malkin would give us the edge. Players don't always play to their potential in a series though. A role player will play way over his head and an elite player may be held in check like Malkin has been so far. Couturier up front and Grossmann on the back end seem to be the match-up against Geno most of the time and they've done an excellent job.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
my fav part was "mezaroes"

He's not relevant?

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote