HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #1: Rangers vs. Ottawa

Old
04-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Lost in all this talk...

WE MADE THE BACK PAGES!
Forget about the Rangers winning, there is a PRIME RIB SPECIAL!!!

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:10 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Rangers fans always chant "USA" when we're beating up a Canadian team. I usually don't like it because it's dumb -- we've got ten Canadians on our team. But it was warranted last night. Both Spezza and Michalek left the blue line way early during the US National Anthem. Extremely disrespectful and the fans that noticed, booed.
They do that all the time. Some players stay right to the end, others as soon as theu pronounce the last word in the anthem they take off. He has been doing that for years. Ritual, if you like.

I just hope Ottawa fans won't boo the anthem, very tit for tat up here. I'll be there and won't boo. Personally, I don't understand why we have anthems anyways at games.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
They do that all the time. Some players stay right to the end, others as soon as theu pronounce the last word in the anthem they take off. He has been doing that for years. Ritual, if you like.

I just hope Ottawa fans won't boo the anthem, very tit for tat up here. I'll be there and won't boo. Personally, I don't understand why we have anthems anyways at games.
I just found it disrespectful. It doesn't take that much to say on the blue line until the last verse has been completed. Anton Stralman is a Swede and stays on the blue line until the flag has been removed from the ice. I don't expect that, but at least have the common courtesy to not skate away before the song is finished.

Well, we actually cheered the Canadian anthem pretty roundedly. The USA chant isn't a "Canada sucks" chant. It's just a bunch of drunken guys who buy into the whole nationalism thing.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I just found it disrespectful. It doesn't take that much to say on the blue line until the last verse has been completed. Anton Stralman is a Swede and stays on the blue line until the flag has been removed from the ice. I don't expect that, but at least have the common courtesy to not skate away before the song is finished.

Well, we actually cheered the Canadian anthem pretty roundedly. The USA chant isn't a "Canada sucks" chant. It's just a bunch of drunken guys who buy into the whole nationalism thing.
Spezza does it at home at the end of our anthem, that's my point. It is not an American anthem thing.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Coug555

Hi everyone. I traveled from California to go to this game. You guys didn't disappoint. What a crowd and group of fans. Love you guys.

P.S. I still can't stop laughing from the "SIT DOWN YELLOW!" chant.

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:32 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I know I pointed this out in another thread, but the USA chant (at least one of them) was started because there was a lone Canada fan who was provoking the crowd during play stoppages. Went from "Ass-Hole" to "U-S-A".

04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Guys, we won a playoff game. There has to be something better to talk about than a chant thats been done thousands of times before.

04-13-2012, 09:37 PM
nyr5186

I have no problem whatsoever with the USA chants. And I doubt any of our Canadian players care either. I'm sure they understand the circumstances of an American team facing a Canadian team in the playoffs.

Come on folks. This isn't an issue. It's a sign of passion.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:14 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
I have no problem whatsoever with the USA chants. And I doubt any of our Canadian players care either. I'm sure they understand the circumstances of an American team facing a Canadian team in the playoffs.

Come on folks. This isn't an issue. It's a sign of passion.
I just hope they don't boo the Amerian anthem on Monday, it is an ugly feeling, embarrassing, but ultimately predictable.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I was at the game, but didn't understand the chant that was going on. I thought they were chanting "We want Devils", but as you guys say, it was "Sit down Yellow". Can someone explain it?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
I was at the game, but didn't understand the chant that was going on. I thought they were chanting "We want Devils", but as you guys say, it was "Sit down Yellow". Can someone explain it?
yeah, I thought they were chanting 'let's go Devils'

They did it a few times. Still confused about that whole thing

Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote