HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Seek & Destroy - WCQF Game 2 7:30 ET (SP-SO) Wings @ Preds

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
PredsFanFromla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
mute away games and play music instead.

really the only way to go unless its a home broadcast

i may do just that,might play i like it i love it or run this town

Old
04-13-2012, 09:37 PM
dulzhok

I thought the Wings took a ton of intentional head shots (too many to count). If this is how the Wings and refs react, I'd rather have Weber suspended for a game.

We played decent, but can't capitalize. Still think we should change up lines. Erat-Fish-SK haven't capitalized on anything in ages. SK has been virtually useless in the playoffs so far in his Preds career.

I have supported Trotz for the most part here, but I think he's settling with his lines. To use his words- "for better or worse". I think that's a huge mistake, especially since they aren't seeing results.

Erat-Fish-Radulov
AK-Legwand-SK (Wilson if SK is useless for another game)
the rest.. insert Tootoo over Yip for sure... Hali if he's injured.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
I wouldnt say we outplayed them at all. I think we outplayed them in the 3rd period but Detroit def outplayed us most of the game.

Like its been said, every loose puck was usually met by a Red wings stick
Not sure how you figure that. We absolutely dominated them in the first, and should have been up about 4-0 if our guys could finish.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I thought the Wings took a ton of intentional head shots (too many to count). If this is how the Wings and refs react, I'd rather have Weber suspended for a game.
The game was physical at times, but I didn't notice much that was blatantly egregious. Playoff hockey.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:45 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I dont remember Detroit having any scoring chance at all... Oh yeah, the post...

We had so many... So not fair...
That's how it goes some times. Point is we did have chances, just wasn't our night.

Series is still early.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:49 PM
dulzhok

Oh and Klien

Can someone compile the percentage of playoff goals he's been on the ice for the past 3 years? I pretty sure it's going to be staggering.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
The first two lines are MIA through 2 games and we are seriously *****ing about guys that are literally playing less than eight minutes?

No, Smith and Wilson aren't going to make any impact in that role either.
Glad someone said it

Old
04-13-2012, 09:51 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
The first two lines are MIA through 2 games and we are seriously *****ing about guys that are literally playing less than eight minutes?

No, Smith and Wilson aren't going to make any impact in that role either.
first off......Fisher was busting his ass off the entire game. Marty also had like 10 missed chances. Radulov was palying like a mad man, AK scored and hit pipe.... so MIA is an awfully incorrect term for their play,sorry for being blunt but your ignorance is severe here. Not gonna lie you did a terrible job of paraphrasing my post. I said id like to see Wilson take Yips role for atleast a game. Who made a difference in both of our games so far for both teams? Both teams bottom lines. So yeah id like to see a change in that. Are we going to see a change in the Erat-Fisher-SK line? no we wont. I thought the effort was there and we played solid. Could we have played better? sure! So sorry i have nothing else to ***** about but our third lines....

Old
04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Sergei Kostitsyn
Last 13 games
1 assist
This is not just like last year in playoffs, it started a long time ago

Old
04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Not sure how you figure that. We absolutely dominated them in the first, and should have been up about 4-0 if our guys could finish.
this x5

we played fine.... bounces didnt go our way. sorry guys.

BLAME LEGWAND!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-13-2012, 09:57 PM
MrMariusz

Could use a Joel Ward-type of guy to put the bounces in

It's gonna be a long series. Let's go Predators.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

We got bounces we didn't deserve in game 1 and won, despite being outplayed. Game 2, we didn't get the bounces, outplayed them, and lost. The hockey gods giveth and the hockey gods taketh away. That's part of the game.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
first off......Fisher was busting his ass off the entire game. Marty also had like 10 missed chances. Radulov was palying like a mad man, AK scored and hit pipe.... so MIA is an awfully incorrect term for their play,sorry for being blunt but your ignorance is severe here. Not gonna lie you did a terrible job of paraphrasing my post. I said id like to see Wilson take Yips role for atleast a game. Who made a difference in both of our games so far for both teams? Both teams bottom lines. So yeah id like to see a change in that. Are we going to see a change in the Erat-Fisher-SK line? no we wont. I thought the effort was there and we played solid. Could we have played better? sure! So sorry i have nothing else to ***** about but our third lines....
I wasn't paraphrasing your post, I was responding to the section I quoted, and the other people harping about Yip and Hillen, Wilson, Smith and Ellis.

I do like Fisher's effort. I think Marty is incredibly snakebitten. Radulov hasn't looked bad. AK is playing solid.

That said, the top 6 has been outscored by the bottom 6, 8 pts to 3 pts in the 2 games thus far. Trying hard and creating chances isn't going to get us anywhere if our top lines can't finish them. Though, perhaps that's just my ignorance speaking...

I would like to see Wilson play too, but for whatever reason, he hasn't earned his spot. If that be the case, I would rather see a player that Trotz trusts to buy in to his role and the system, than throw Wilson out there.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
PredsFanFromla

please get better,hal gill,your needs team you on sunday

Old
04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
vandyfan84

Quote:
this x5

we played fine.... bounces didnt go our way. sorry guys.

BLAME LEGWAND!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry I just don't agree. Seems like we spent 75% of the time in our own zone. Wings did a great job of cOntrolling the puck in our zone

Old
04-13-2012, 10:07 PM
vandyfan84

If Marty Erat had any luck in this series, he'd have about 5 goals already.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:07 PM
WingsFan734

Not that you need the validation but the recent posts are actually quite good in my opinion guys.

I'm glad my team won tonight but my goodness, I was screaming at the TV constantly. I don't know what happened to Red Wings Defense but it is non-existent. How do the Preds get 2 on 1s and wide open with a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period? This is NOT how the wings have played in prior years. It's usually shut-down time with 2 goal leads and certainly no odd man opportunities.

Preds coulda been up 2 or 3-0 early in that game. Fortunate wings bounces bailed the Wings out tonight. It's all even now, lucky bounces for the preds in game 1, lucky bounces for the wings in game 2.

I think the wings were 'rougher' with the preds tonight. I thought the wings were more scrappy, and with a 2 goal lead it makes the other team play a bit different.

My beef with my team is the ridiculous d-zone turnovers, the odd man rushes they give up, and the utterly blown coverage.

WIth that said, some of you are saying "where are your first and second lines?" Well, the Wings top lines have really been non existent as well. Cancelling out each other.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn
Last 13 games
1 assist
This is not just like last year in playoffs, it started a long time ago
Pull Fisher and Erat in last 13 without PP and Empty nets...

The hole line is ******** pants...

Fisher bubbling puck like he is playing with tennis ball out there and Erat can't hit the ****ing net...

SK just sucks... Bad positioning and no shots again... The worst was when they broke through with Fish and he just stopped in the slot waiting for pass instead of going to the far side... Although he had a few chances on PP in the beginning, can't hit the ****ing net...

Trotz cant just scratch him, he is a big part of PK... But he needs a game or two...

Maybe he can take a run at Howard and get a couple games off...

Old
04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
vandyfan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
please get better,hal gill,your needs team you on sunday
I thought our PK was really solid tonight. Though I would love for Hal Gill to get better

Old
04-13-2012, 10:13 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan734 View Post
Not that you need the validation but the recent posts are actually quite good in my opinion guys.

I'm glad my team won tonight but my goodness, I was screaming at the TV constantly. I don't know what happened to Red Wings Defense but it is non-existent. How do the Preds get 2 on 1s and wide open with a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period? This is NOT how the wings have played in prior years. It's usually shut-down time with 2 goal leads and certainly no odd man opportunities.

Preds coulda been up 2 or 3-0 early in that game. Fortunate wings bounces bailed the Wings out tonight. It's all even now, lucky bounces for the preds in game 1, lucky bounces for the wings in game 2.

I think the wings were 'rougher' with the preds tonight. I thought the wings were more scrappy, and with a 2 goal lead it makes the other team play a bit different.

My beef with my team is the ridiculous d-zone turnovers, the odd man rushes they give up, and the utterly blown coverage.

WIth that said, some of you are saying "where are your first and second lines?" Well, the Wings top lines have really been non existent as well. Cancelling out each other.
Agreed for the most part and and I agree mostly with the bold part.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:18 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
I wasn't paraphrasing your post, I was responding to the section I quoted, and the other people harping about Yip and Hillen, Wilson, Smith and Ellis.

I do like Fisher's effort. I think Marty is incredibly snakebitten. Radulov hasn't looked bad. AK is playing solid.

That said, the top 6 has been outscored by the bottom 6, 8 pts to 3 pts in the 2 games thus far. Trying hard and creating chances isn't going to get us anywhere if our top lines can't finish them. Though, perhaps that's just my ignorance speaking...

I would like to see Wilson play too, but for whatever reason, he hasn't earned his spot. If that be the case, I would rather see a player that Trotz trusts to buy in to his role and the system, than throw Wilson out there.
trying hard and creating chances is all any team has to offer. We created multiple chances, enough to have won the game in fact. But we didn't capitalize. It happened to detroit last game, then to us this game. Its the way of the game. Thats why we are playing a best of 7 series. But to say our top 2 lines have been MIA is what leaned me to use the word ignorance because they have not been MIA. Radulov has been hitting, creating chances like no other.With the way marty has been playing he should have 5 goals plus some, he just has nothing to show for it on the scoresheet. Its just a matter of time before marty catches a spark. Once again AK has been solid, so i dont know where our top 2 lines have been MIA coms from. sure they havent lit the lamp like we want but they are certaintly noticeable out there and doing everything to their ability. Our PP might not have scored but we had some of the best puck movement all year on the PP tonight. we got unlucky. it happens. On to the next game....

Old
04-13-2012, 10:19 PM
tserberis*

Rads is too ****ing cute! Loses puck to much...

Must address that.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:19 PM
klt2001

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=627802

Old
04-13-2012, 10:21 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Rads is too ****ing cute! Loses puck to much...

Must address that.
He's certainly not helping his potential UFA paycheck that's for sure.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:26 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Not gonna bother reading through 15 pages, so I'm sure some of this stuff has been thought/said/yelled/screamed.

-I think Trotz made a personnel error by sitting Ellis in favor of Hillen. Sure, if Gill were in, it would be moot...but we could use his puck movement. The powerplay has been crap...and I think he could at least help there.
-Detroit pretty much has our powerplay solved. Despite what a few vocal Wings fans on here think, I feel a lot better 5 on 5 than on the powerplay.
-The bounces that went for us last game went against us this game. Not all that different of a game, IMO, outside of the fight at the beginning. I actually seem to think we play better when being outshot. The Wings more or less beat us at our own game.
-The reffing was better in this one. Slightly. But it was called more like a regular season game IMO.
-Howard played a great game. Rinne didn't play poorly. Like before...more or less, roles reversed.

-Gotta win one at the Joe. I'm not too worried about it. Our team needs a good kick in the ass after that. I figured this series would have each team win in the other's barn. Red Wings did their thing. We need to return the favor now.

-I think we might want to play Tootoo over Yip...but that's JMO. Tootoo seems to like to play the Wings. We need to start rotating some guys. Yip has his role...but I don't think he needs to be in every night. Give other guys a chance.

Closed Thread