HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seek & Destroy - WCQF Game 2 7:30 ET (SP-SO) Wings @ Preds

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 10:28 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
I know this thread will be locked shortly so I also posted this over on the Series Talk thread, buuut:

4 things:

1. We will not go far in the playoffs unless our top line steps the **** up. Seriously, Fisher's line is disgusting. Fisher was 4-10 in the face-off circle tonight. Everybody on that line was -2. They cannot win a single damn battle along the boards; in fact, the Wings' 3rd goal was a direct result of SK and Erat losing battles along the boards behind the Wings net. Yet Fisher played over 20 minutes. WTF?! Something has to change; either the line needs to step up or be broken up. Period. Teams who go far in the playoffs are teams whose top players turn it on beast mode. Not teams whose top players are outplayed by the 3rd line.

2. The power play. Gross. At least we know from last year that you can still win a Cup even with a ****** power play (Bruins were 11%). But what a momentum killer our PP has been. Why the eff does Trotz insist on always starting off with Fisher's unit? They are so much less creative than the second unit. And Suter is just an idiot on the PP...he can't make a quick decision to save his life. I don't care whether you pass or shoot or whatever, just do it faster! MOVE your FEET!

3. Pekka should've stopped the 2nd goal. Unscreened shot. C'mon bro.

4. At least we aren't Pittsburgh.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:31 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I will say this...

Predsboro. Damn nice to see you again.

Pattypred. Damn nice to see you again.

Phoneguy. Damn nice to meet you.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:39 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

I agree, Pekka should have stopped Emmertons goal. Josi laid down in the passing area to take that option away, no reason for Pekks to not stop that puck

Old
04-13-2012, 10:41 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
funny how in this article they praise our top 2 lines and overall team play. Theres more to this game then goals and assists. we are doing everything right, we just didn't get those points, as stated by our coach, players, and press. people calling out our top 2 lines should watch the game a little bit closer next time and see it for what it is, hard work and effort. Sure we lost but as stated in that article too, its a best of 7 series.

next game please!!!!

Old
04-13-2012, 10:41 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Might not be a popular idea here...but perhaps Wilson or Smith wouldn't be such a bad option to try to energize our powerplay. Smith has 6 PPG, Wilson 5. If we're as anemic as we have been, it wouldn't hurt to try something new. Especially if we're getting 6 chances per game.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:44 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
I agree, Pekka should have stopped Emmertons goal. Josi laid down in the passing area to take that option away, no reason for Pekks to not stop that puck
Jamie McLennan was absolutely spot on in his pre-series analysis. If there is a weak spot...it's high blocker side.

That was a snipe shot. He could've had it...but more times than not a player like Emmerton misses the net high on that one. Same bad luck that caught the Wings Wednesday caught us today.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:44 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

This one is my fault guys...

I thought we were good. I haven't been to a loss yet this year, so I went. The one time I wore my jersey to work we lost, so I left my jersey off until we got to Nashville. We took the appropriate pre-game drinks (with an exceptionally cute bartender, I might add). We did everything right pre-game.

I forgot to take into account new juju. I didn't curse in Arabic. Until the third period.

When I started cursing in Arabic (and I mean the words you can't say in PG-13 movies like **** and **** and other words that are covered by four asterisks. We could say hell, ass, damn, or hellassdamn) we started playing...

Next time I'll remember to do it for the entire game. Sorry guys

Old
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
that play would've never happened if klein didnt get outskated by Emmerton to begin with. Emmerton made a hell of a hockey play and schooled klein, badly. Was also a hellof a shot too, cant leave Pekka to hang out to dry like that. for every goal Klein saves, he gives one up. Its a love hate relationship with klein, to me, he can either save a night, or ruin it all together. If he didn't give it his all ever shift id completely hate him, but he puts it all on the line and plays through any injury possible so it evens itself out...

Old
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
trying hard and creating chances is all any team has to offer. We created multiple chances, enough to have won the game in fact. But we didn't capitalize. It happened to detroit last game, then to us this game. Its the way of the game. Thats why we are playing a best of 7 series. But to say our top 2 lines have been MIA is what leaned me to use the word ignorance because they have not been MIA. Radulov has been hitting, creating chances like no other.With the way marty has been playing he should have 5 goals plus some, he just has nothing to show for it on the scoresheet. Its just a matter of time before marty catches a spark. Once again AK has been solid, so i dont know where our top 2 lines have been MIA coms from. sure they havent lit the lamp like we want but they are certaintly noticeable out there and doing everything to their ability. Our PP might not have scored but we had some of the best puck movement all year on the PP tonight. we got unlucky. it happens. On to the next game....
Bottom line, they need to find a way to get on the score sheet. 3 pts from that group and 0 for 13 on the PP through 2 games isn't going to get it done. As a fan, I appreciate the effort I see, and they ARE getting their chances, but they need to score, or we're going home real soon.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:47 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

I thought we were good. I haven't been to a loss yet this year, so I went. The one time I wore my jersey to work we lost, so I left my jersey off until we got to Nashville. We took the appropriate pre-game drinks (with an exceptionally cute bartender, I might add). We did everything right pre-game.

I forgot to take into account new juju. I didn't curse in Arabic. Until the third period.

When I started cursing in Arabic (and I mean the words you can't say in PG-13 movies like **** and **** and other words that are covered by four asterisks. We could say hell, ass, damn, or hellassdamn) we started playing...

I wore the wrong shoes...

Fun game, really. Didn't expect a sweep, don't expect to drop both in Detroit and plan to pick better footwear for next Friday. Proud of the effort tonight if not the result and enjoyed the end. Great crowd.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:48 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

I'll take some of the blame here. I watched the game at a bar. Second time I've done that this season. First time was December 23 vs. Dallas...where we lost 6-3 and Weber got a concussion.

Next time I'll just buy the booze and invite my friends over.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Might not be a popular idea here...but perhaps Wilson or Smith wouldn't be such a bad option to try to energize our powerplay. Smith has 6 PPG, Wilson 5. If we're as anemic as we have been, it wouldn't hurt to try something new. Especially if we're getting 6 chances per game.
While an interesting idea, I don't see who they are going to displace on the current PP units to get that opportunity. SK is one guy who could use a kick in the ass, but he plays the point on that 2nd unit, so we wouldn't see them slotted in there.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I wore the wrong shoes...

Fun game, really. Didn't expect a sweep, don't expect to drop both in Detroit and plan to pick better footwear for next Friday. Proud of the effort tonight if not the result and enjoyed the end. Great crowd.
That's pretty much how I feel. I hate the loss, but it doesn't scare me. Especially after all the attention Weber got after the Z-bag incident.

Make some adjustments, and go kick ass in Detroit. Not like we haven't played there before.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:52 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm proud of Weber for standing tall. No one can say he didn't answer the bell.

Also, I should have a picture of me Webering my brother soon

Old
04-13-2012, 10:52 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
While an interesting idea, I don't see who they are going to displace on the current PP units to get that opportunity. SK is one guy who could use a kick in the ass, but he plays the point on that 2nd unit, so we wouldn't see them slotted in there.
SK should be displaced with Ryan Ellis.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:53 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn
Last 13 games
1 assist
This is not just like last year in playoffs, it started a long time ago
That is the SK MO come playoff time get used to it.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
VFL615*

Not going to make it many more games almost scoring. We have to start burying are chances more.

Peka had a pretty rough game. If this happens we normall lose. We cannot afford another one this series. You have to stop a shot from a grinder Peka when the cross pass is taken away.

Another goal by the other team within a minute and a half of us scoring. When is this going to fn stop.

The top two line bashing is interesting. The only player who should be mentioned is SK. He has been awful and again will not shoot the puck. Another playoffs with him disappearing it looks like. Hopefully Trotz has had enough and will give someone else a shot. I have had enough and with are young guys doing well in the series i would take a chance on another.

Its time for Ellis to get his shot as well. He is better than Hillen and we desperately need what he brings to the table in puck movement.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Bottom line, they need to find a way to get on the score sheet. 3 pts from that group and 0 for 13 on the PP through 2 games isn't going to get it done. As a fan, I appreciate the effort I see, and they ARE getting their chances, but they need to score, or we're going home real soon.
completely agree and understand the frustration. Our PP cant continue its current rate or we are toast for sure. We'll see an adjustment though, IMO. this is barry trotz we're talking about, master of line shuffling. But its good we are seeing chances. We are bound to connect on those. Now if we had played a ****** game completely and not created anything.... Id be worried and calling ppl out regardless of who.what line theyre on

Old
04-13-2012, 10:56 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
That is the SK MO come playoff time get used to it.
luckily the preds are one of the deepest teams and can afford that problem, if it even continues. bring out wilson or smith. dont matter to me, they all 3 got skill.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:04 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Does anyone else like Josi better than Suter right now?

Old
04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'd like to keep them both if that's what you're asking

Old
04-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Very disappointed with SK lately. Yip needs to sit next one out. Hillen too. Pekka was not in his top form. PP passing doesn't get us points - why is this such an issue for Preds? Slapshots are not very effective by the way in situations when you dont have a lot of time and space. The team needs to shot more and in a form of wristers and you will see goals, lucky and deserved ones.
I have this crazy superstition about the GDT titles: the more bold, confident they are- the more we lose. Hope the next title is clever but timid. But that's just my superstition.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:09 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Like him better as in popularity? Yes. Like him better in the role that Suter plays? No.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
funny how in this article they praise our top 2 lines and overall team play. Theres more to this game then goals and assists. we are doing everything right, we just didn't get those points, as stated by our coach, players, and press. people calling out our top 2 lines should watch the game a little bit closer next time and see it for what it is, hard work and effort. Sure we lost but as stated in that article too, its a best of 7 series.

next game please!!!!
I think Legwand's line is playing pretty well, but I'm sorry, I can't contain my disgust for Fisher's line. They were borderline in Game 1 but just awful tonight. Like I said, everyone was -2. Fisher was 4-10 in the face-off circle. They spent huge chunks of their shifts penned in our own zone chasing Red Wings around. SK and Erat both lost battles along the boards that led to the 3rd goal. They might be working hard, but the Wings are working harder.

Quote:
On the power play, definitely.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:16 PM
klt2001

I agree. I'm a Fisher fan but he hasn't been playing great lately except for keeping the puck in on the PP and some offense plays. I like to see him elevate his game more. Think the Fisher/Erat/SK should be broken up since they are on a cold streak and are having trouble getting anything going offensively. Maybe a change would be the spark to get things going for that line.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-13-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Closed Thread