HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seek & Destroy - WCQF Game 2 7:30 ET (SP-SO) Wings @ Preds

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 11:21 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
only person on the top 2 lines who has been invisible is SK.... 1 out of 6 ppl....

Old
04-13-2012, 11:24 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
only person on the top 2 lines who has been invisible is SK.... 1 out of 6 ppl....
Well I agree. Mike at least isn't invisible like SK is. But Mike could be sharper too on his plays.....mainly connecting better on the puck when it's pass to him to be quicker on his release on the PP but there were several players tonight that had a hard time w/ that and were off w/ connecting w/ their passes or w/ the puck so it's not just him. Still think that line needs a change though. It's been on a cold streak for several games now and it doesn't look like it will be getting anything going any time soon. Also think he could skate more after the puck to create more offense in our end of the ice especially if Erat is being doubled teamed.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-14-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old
04-13-2012, 11:28 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
I think one could also make a case for #10. The "figure skating twirls" have suddenly reappeared while I can't remember a time holding my breath on a possible true scoring chance he's had in either game. 1 or both of these weapons HAS to step up and at least be a threat soon, IMO.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:31 PM
DarkReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Literally no offense in our series yet the Flyers score 8 goals on MAF...wtf?!?!?
Bro, neither of those teams play defense and their goalies are prone to meltdowns. Tonight's Phill v Pitt game was a "Whose Goalie Meltsdown Less" contest.

Thats not hockey, thats shinny.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:36 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
I think one could also make a case for #10. The "figure skating twirls" have suddenly reappeared while I can't remember a time holding my breath on a possible true scoring chance he's had in either game. 1 or both of these weapons HAS to step up and at least be a threat soon, IMO.
he has been a threat, hes crashes the net hard, makes great plays all night, just hasnt connected. he was our leading scorer in the regular season for a reason. he will catch fire its only been 2 games. and he has been sharp just not anything to show for it, YET.

will never understand the marty hate. ever.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:42 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Hey guys...it could be worse...we're not the 1 seed and we're not about to go down 0-2.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:45 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
Bro, neither of those teams play defense and their goalies are prone to meltdowns. Tonight's Phill v Pitt game was a "Whose Goalie Meltsdown Less" contest.

Agreed. I'll take either side of a 3-2 rather than a ****ing 8-5.

I like goals. I also like saves.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:58 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post

DR is my favorite RW poster

Old
04-14-2012, 12:00 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Hey guys...it could be worse...we're not the 1 seed and we're not about to go down 0-2.
Yeah at least the Preds won a home game.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:01 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I will say this...

Predsboro. Damn nice to see you again.

Pattypred. Damn nice to see you again.

Phoneguy. Damn nice to meet you.

Damn nice to meet you too, young man. Likewise for your brother and your friend.

Very nice to finally meet Miss Adzy and sighthndlady too!

Old
04-14-2012, 12:09 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Damn nice to meet you too, young man. Likewise for your brother and your friend.

Very nice to finally meet Miss Adzy and sighthndlady too!
I actually didn't talk to either of them, though I did see Adzy and feel bad about not saying hey now

Old
04-14-2012, 12:16 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

You guys remember this?

Not shame in losing. We'll get it back

Old
04-14-2012, 12:42 AM
PhoneGuy

After tonight, I don't want to ever hear a Wings fan complain again about any other team clutching, grabbing, and interfering. Turns out they're quite adept at it themselves. At the end of the game, that ******** Cleary crosschecked Suter right off the drop of a faceoff in our zone, and kept crosschecking him, driving Sutes backwards into the side of the net, all the while Datsyuk was playing the puck behind him. Sutes should've crosschecked him in the face.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:46 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
After tonight, I don't want to ever hear a Wings fan complain again about any other team clutching, grabbing, and interfering. Turns out they're quite adept at it themselves. At the end of the game, that ******** Cleary crosschecked Suter right off the drop of a faceoff in our zone, and kept crosschecking him, driving Sutes backwards into the side of the net, all the while Datsyuk was playing the puck behind him. Sutes should've crosschecked him in the face.
They know they aren't getting any benefits when it all evens out, so they just sort of take the jabs they can when they can.

No big deal really. We all do it, I guess. They've just been doing it longer

Old
04-14-2012, 01:05 AM
braindead

Quote:
You guys remember this?

Not shame in losing. We'll get it back
Read this. Then read it again. It's a long, long road with bumps. Enjoy the ride.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:39 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
PLEASE, for the love of God, Power Play come alive!!!!!

And finish. your. chances.!

They did a good job of not taking penalties this game, but how many PPs do they need? Yeah they generated some good offense and momentum off the PPs but at some point they have to score on the PP or Detroit will not fear taking the penalty because they know we can't score. I mean, just one PPG tonight and we're in OT.

OR...NOT giving up a goal less than ONE minute after we score and we're in OT.

Too many times they are trying for the long bomb pass again. And it's getting picked off in the neutral zone by Detroit and then turned right around and back into our zone.

I had really lost some of my hate for Detroit and their fans over the last few years. But all it took was one game (and now 2) for that hate to come back. They are just plain *******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Hali is out?
what happened to him? I saw him go to the lockerroom. I just saw him skating kind of hard towards the bench from near center ice and then he threw his glove down before he even got to the bench and he was leaning over and his arm was just hanging down (like maybe a shoulder/arm injury ). He stopped in the tunnel then went all the way back. I thought I saw him on the bench to start the next period, but maybe not?

Old
04-14-2012, 05:26 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post

what happened to him? I saw him go to the lockerroom. I just saw him skating kind of hard towards the bench from near center ice and then he threw his glove down before he even got to the bench and he was leaning over and his arm was just hanging down (like maybe a shoulder/arm injury ). He stopped in the tunnel then went all the way back. I thought I saw him on the bench to start the next period, but maybe not?
Not sure really, I don't remember if he played any more during the game but he at least returned to the bench.

Oh and seeing PhoneGuy on reminds me (since he was so kind last year) I'd love 1-2 of this years gold t-shirts if anyone doesn't want theirs. Let me know and when you mail them to me I'll mail you something nice from Taiwan as a thank you gift for giving a Preds fan halfway around the world something that came from the playoffs that I'm unable to take part in.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:02 AM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Not gonna bother reading through 15 pages, so I'm sure some of this stuff has been thought/said/yelled/screamed.

-I think Trotz made a personnel error by sitting Ellis in favor of Hillen. Sure, if Gill were in, it would be moot...but we could use his puck movement. The powerplay has been crap...and I think he could at least help there.
-Detroit pretty much has our powerplay solved. Despite what a few vocal Wings fans on here think, I feel a lot better 5 on 5 than on the powerplay.
-The bounces that went for us last game went against us this game. Not all that different of a game, IMO, outside of the fight at the beginning. I actually seem to think we play better when being outshot. The Wings more or less beat us at our own game.
-The reffing was better in this one. Slightly. But it was called more like a regular season game IMO.
-Howard played a great game. Rinne didn't play poorly. Like before...more or less, roles reversed.

-Gotta win one at the Joe. I'm not too worried about it. Our team needs a good kick in the ass after that. I figured this series would have each team win in the other's barn. Red Wings did their thing. We need to return the favor now.

-I think we might want to play Tootoo over Yip...but that's JMO. Tootoo seems to like to play the Wings. We need to start rotating some guys. Yip has his role...but I don't think he needs to be in every night. Give other guys a chance.
I don't think the wings have your power play figured out at all. You guys spend 1 1/2 minutes of the 2 minutes in our zone. I'm on the edge of my seat constantly. What they appear to be doing is taking away the big blast from the blue line, and then taking their chances with the preds not being able to get that one time pass across the front of the net. I think the preds have not scored because they have fumbled their chances...pucks bouncing just before they get the opportunity to fire it into the open net after a cross ice pass in front of the net.

The wings have made some big diving blocks or knocked the puck away JUST in time, but it feels to me like we are hanging on by a thread there.

I think there is a lot of hype for the Preds organization for this year, with their moves that they made, and if they get bounced in round 1 it will be the biggest disappointment yet for that franchise.

Definitely the bounces went Detroit's way tonight. Detroit was a little scrappier all game and I think hung in there, but my God the defensive breakdowns are proposterous. Not to take a shot at the Preds, but if Detroit were playing a high scoring offense I think we'd have lost by 3+ goals in both of these games.

Now going back to Detroit, yes the wings were dominant at home, but not lately. So I'm not that confident yet just because the series is coming back here. No way.

And I don't know what the deal is, but there's no flow to the offense for the Wings. Maybe that's due to the competition mucking up everything. Probably is. Every goal has to be scrapped for, and it seems like the one that gets the most lucky breaks is going to win the series.

That's not the kind of hockey I like to watch. I want to see the best skill win, not the most lucky bounces. But that's another discussion.

Old
04-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

The morning after

Could barely sleep last night as I was too busy watching the awesomeness that was LA destroying Van. Then I couldn't get the wings 2nd goal out of my head. I awoke to the sounds of pitter pattering rain and decided at 8AM that it was time to get up.

Been thinking about the game and about this team in general. Here are my thoughts.

1. I love this team, probably more than a healthy love.

2. Yesterday was just not our night. The hockey gods weren't with us BUT

3. We seriously lacked the intensity that was needed to win this game. After watching the PHX game the night before, I was floored by their intensity and their speed. They were flying all over the place, constantly putting pressure on the Hawks. While we didn't play poorly, that is the kind of effort I want to see from the Preds. They just have to leave everything on the ice, because right now there are some players pulling their weight and a large group that just aren't. I don't know if this is a Trotz problem or a personal problem, but everyone needs to pull in the right same direction.

4. I think it was an awful mistake to play Hillen over Ellis when we had home ice. Ellis gave us a better option on the power play so if our first unit got shutdown, our 2nd unit would maybe be able to be more creative and get better chances.

5. Roman Josi is going to be better than Ryan Suter. Not next year, maybe not the year after that, but he will be (if he remains healthy).

6. I would like to see Wilson and Smith out there next game, but one of them in Hals place and put one in Yips place. I would like to see Wilson with Spaling and either Hornqvist or Tootoo. Smith I would like to see Borque and SK.

7. Change up the powerplay lines.

Wilson Legwand Smith
Josi Ellis
Rads Fisher AK/Erat
Suter Weber

8. We need Hal Gill, his absence is killing us right now.

9. We have to mentally prepare for a huge disappointment tomorrow

10. Do whatever it takes to win. Go to the hard areas, finish your checks, STAND IN FRONT OF THE NET. Don't have 3 guys go down into the corner to fetch the puck and have no one around when the puck squirts out. And score on the powerplay. Fight for the loose pucks, go north and south. Don't make "cute" plays. Burry the puck. Legwand LIFT the puck. Just win guys.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:44 AM
hockey diva

Our #1 ranked PP is absolutely KILLING us right now. One of the things I feared would happen before the series began. Also Pekks was not good last night. He should have had Emmerton's shot.

Golfmade, I would be happy to send you my 2 shirts. I don't need any more t-shirts and yellow is not my colour to begin with. Just PM the particulars.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:44 AM
VFL615*

Morning after i am feeling like we again let an opportunity to land the knockout punch losing a close game last night.

The guys are going to have to play some of their best hockey of the year if they expect to come out of Detroit with atleast one win.

After thinking about all the close chances and post hitting the dagger was when they scored 56 seconds after we finally broke through with a goal. I think the game would have been a lot different if that would not of happened.

It's a game of inches and if AK would have buried that chance to tie 3-3 instead of being a quarter inch off and hitting the post.. Sigh!!

Old
04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Our #1 ranked PP is absolutely KILLING us right now. One of the things I feared would happen before the series began. Also Pekks was not good last night. He should have had Emmerton's shot.

Golfmade, I would be happy to send you my 2 shirts. I don't need any more t-shirts and yellow is not my colour to begin with. Just PM the particulars.
It's gold not yellow.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:59 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
I'd like to keep them both if that's what you're asking
Well yeah I'd like to keep them both but Josi seems to play with much more heart, effort, and passion. Or maybe I am just reading way too much into it.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Erat has been the unluckiest player in this series. He must have pissed off a wizard because someone cast a spell on him. If he gets any sort of luck he has 5 goals already on this series. He's had MANY scoring opportunity. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't. That's just hockey

Old
04-14-2012, 10:23 AM
adsfan

Quote:
I saw that also, unlike the ref. We should be like DRW. Put Tootoo into the line up. The first time Cleary comes out, jump him and beat the snot out of him for cross checking and rabbit punching for the entire second and third periods of Game 2!

Closed Thread