Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread # 24

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

vCash: 500
Brock Lesnar is one of the worst people I've ever seen on the mic. He sounds like a such a loser bumpkin.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Pretty sure that only the 20-something males -- a.k.a. "smarks" -- really "hate" Cena, regardless of how much he's pushed.

With women of all ages, kids of both sexes, and men over 30, Cena's the man. By a wide margin.
So all those boo's you hear from almost the entire crowd, at almost every city aren't actually booing? They boo him in his home town to the point where they had to lower the volume but only the "smark" internet people hate him?

Old
04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I was a big fan of Cena from his first match vs. Angle through the Thuganomics gimmick, then I stopped watching wrestling (at least consistently) for ~5 years.

And when I came back I seen that his character changed and he was being booked like a Super Hero, all his matches are the same and his promos were written for him to appease to the little kiddies. That annoyed the **** outta me.

In short I don't hate Cena, never did, I respect his grind, work ethic and his dedication. I just hated the way he was booked. His promo's have improved lately since The Rock feud started but we still get Super Cena (see: pointless Kane feud).

Old
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'm 27, and I like John Cena. He's entertaining enough. He's booked in dumb ways at times, but that's not his fault. He's good at what he does, and I can appreciate that.
Amen. I'm 26 years old and feel the same way. We he booked stupid for a very long time? Absolutely. Now he's losing feuds left and right and I feel myself wanting to see him win more. That's how you should book the guy.

He's had some of the best matches in the last 2 years.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
One of the problems with the way Cena is booked is I feel he could be so much better than he is now.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I was a big fan of Cena from his first match vs. Angle through the Thuganomics gimmick, then I stopped watching wrestling (at least consistently) for ~5 years.

And when I came back I seen that his character changed and he was being booked like a Super Hero, all his matches are the same and his promos were written for him to appease to the little kiddies. That annoyed the **** outta me.

In short I don't hate Cena, never did, I respect his grind, work ethic and his dedication. I just hated the way he was booked. His promo's have improved lately since The Rock feud started but we still get Super Cena (see: pointless Kane feud).
This is a great post

So many times, WWE had a chance to turn Cena heel. When he joined the nexus, his feud with Kane, and I thought after WM28 he'd for sure turn heel, but still remain this "Rise Above Hate, kid friendly" gimmick.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

I can guarantee the WWE would soar into new heights if Cena turned heel. I don't for a second buy into this "kids will stop buying his merch" BS...

Let Rey Mysterio or even Zach Ryder be the "kid friendly" superstars.

I know a lot of my friends who were once WWE fans stopped watching because of Cena's regurgitated PG gimmick crap.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:55 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Brock doesn't need to talk, and he shouldn't very often. His name sells.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:27 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestOilFan View Post
I can guarantee the WWE would soar into new heights if Cena turned heel. I don't for a second buy into this "kids will stop buying his merch" BS...

Let Rey Mysterio or even Zach Ryder be the "kid friendly" superstars.

I know a lot of my friends who were once WWE fans stopped watching because of Cena's regurgitated PG gimmick crap.
Mysterio is close to being "that guy" than Ryder is, but realistically neither are even close to the status of Cena. The WWE "needs" a guy like Cena for the kids to idolize, buy the shirts, and submit the make a wish foundation requests for. It's not just about ratings, in fact it's a very small part of what the WWE wants in order for them to consider the company successful.

I understand why they troll us with the super Cena crap, it doesn't mean I always enjoy it though. I still don't think they'll turn him heel anytime soon because there's nobody to take his responsibilities to the company.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:04 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Brock Lesnar is one of the worst people I've ever seen on the mic. He sounds like a such a loser bumpkin.
Give the guy a break he hasn't done it in 8 years. He was pretty good on mic back in 2003.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
I love Lesnar.

I remember the night after Wrestlemania X8, the Raw in Montreal; the first time you saw Brock Lesnar in the WWE. He destroyed Al Snow and Maven and then went on to triple powerbomb Spike Dudley. Ten years later, the night after Wrestlemania 28, Lesnar makes his return and I felt just the same that night as I did ten years ago - this guy looks like he can seriously kick your ass.

Along with the Punk-Jericho angle heating up, the main event picture is looking better and better.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
The Man in White

vCash: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I love Lesnar.

I remember the night after Wrestlemania X8, the Raw in Montreal; the first time you saw Brock Lesnar in the WWE. He destroyed Al Snow and Maven and then went on to triple powerbomb Spike Dudley. Ten years later, the night after Wrestlemania 28, Lesnar makes his return and I felt just the same that night as I did ten years ago - this guy looks like he can seriously kick your ass.

Along with the Punk-Jericho angle heating up, the main event picture is looking better and better.
This.

Lesnar is ****ing awesome. I remember hating him when he debuted because I was a mark . But the dudes an absolute monster. And he can talk.

Old
04-15-2012, 02:07 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in White View Post
This.

Lesnar is ****ing awesome. I remember hating him when he debuted because I was a mark . But the dudes an absolute monster. And he can talk.
Being with Hayman and smashing every baby face in sight may have lead people to hating him. But he was an awesome physical specimen.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
But he's always been so boring
He was far from boring when he was the heel viper and legend killer. Back then, he actually used to be pretty good on the mic and his feuds with Cena, Batista, Kofi, and HHH were great. The viper gimmick just doesn't work as a face.

Last edited by Claimed Off Waivers: 04-16-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old
04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
Oh yeah, Raw's not live tonight, it's being taped right now. Well, at least I can watch the playoffs without having to worry if I miss anything good on Raw.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Oh, by the way, minor spoiler: Daniel Bryan changed the name of his finisher to the 'Yes' Lock!

****ing awesome! And the 'YES' chants are deafening in England right now.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:57 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Oh, by the way, minor spoiler: Daniel Bryan changed the name of his finisher to the 'Yes' Lock!

****ing awesome! And the 'YES' chants are deafening in England right now.
Awesome....and awesome.

Any guesses on whether or not they cut out the YES chants when they air the show tonight?

Old
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Awesome....and awesome.

Any guesses on whether or not they cut out the YES chants when they air the show tonight?
I'm guess not. Not to spoil anything and I won't, but Cena cut a promo and went along with the 'YES' chants as they were chanting it during his promo. I doubt they cut them out of the show. Bryan is just too damn over.

One thing about Cena's promo, he was booed at the beginning of it, but because it was a more serious promo from Cena, the fans ended up getting on his side by the end of it.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Now some real spoilers to highlight the show, not including filler in this.

WWE Championship spoiler and Extreme Rules announcement:

Spoil:
CM Punk def. Mark Henry to retain the WWE Championship. Chris Jericho and CM Punk will face off in a Street Fight for the WWE Championship at Extreme Rules. Jericho showed footage of Punk coming out of a pub.

Is Brock Lesnar there?

Spoil:
No. But soundbytes from Lesnar are playing including him swearing, which are being bleeped out.

Daniel Bryan...

Spoil:
Daniel Bryan saw Kofi and AJ talking backstage and got jealous. He said he changed the name of his finisher to the YES! Lock. The YES chants are deafening.

Daniel Bryan def. Kofi Kingston with the YES Lock and wouldn't let go until Sheamus made the save, but Daniel Bryan retreated before Sheamus hit the Brogue kick.

John Cena...

Spoil:
John Cena cut a serious promo. His reaction was negative at first from the crowd, he acknowledged the YES chants during his promo and then he quit joking around and cut a very serous and intense promo. Laurinaitus interrupted and announced a Lesnar/Cena contract signing next week. Cena's intense attitude during the promo turned some of the fans against him on to his side.

Main event...

Spoil:
Lord Tensai defeated John Cena with Green Mist to the eyes.

Old
04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
chuckdobbins

Yeah from the sounds of it, seems like the YES chants will need to be kept tonight. Thanks for the recap!

Old
04-16-2012, 06:14 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Not sure where else to list this. It's not thread worthy, but it seems unexpected considering the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @the_ironsheik
Raffi torres look like jobber from 1980 generation wwf worst than the steve lombardi and virgil
https://twitter.com/#!/the_ironsheik...54190319190016

Old
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Punk coming out first vs Henry. (Did not read spoilers)

Old
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Have to include UK in the great crowds category along with NY, Chicago, Philly and Canada. "Sexual chocolate" chants already.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Love the Sexual Chocolate chants.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

First "Yes" chants.