HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CJHL part three. 2011-2012

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 04:45 AM
beenaround

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I think we've pretty much established that the city teams don't draw. Let's move on.
The penquins flyer game would have had an impact I know it did for me

Old
04-12-2012, 05:53 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
How are the raiders winning? I thought they didn't have a playoff team like folks around here proclaimed...
I think we've pretty much established how you feel. Let's move on.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I think we've pretty much established how you feel. Let's move on.
It's not how I feel, it's a statement of fact.

Old
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
upinarms

Going to Cornwall tonight. Hope there is still water in the St. Lawrence River. Not sure what previous comments have to do with CCHL. Things I noticed last night in Nepean. Cornwall D is not very good. Goaltending close and Cornwall might have advantage up front. Nepean's D adds alot of offense as well as containing Cornwall's offense. I suggest Cornwall keeps puck away from Johnston. Weegar had a few fumbles and Hutton through puck away a couple of times, but Johnston controls everything back there. It might appear that Nepean has more offense, but it is coming from their defense. Hope to see more exciting game tonight. If Nepean wins it is over. Can't imagine either of these teams facing off against Kanata in FPC. Will be embarrising.

Old
04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
60 minutes

Johnston is a great player!! I agree it will be tough for the Colts if the Raiders win tonight. Raiders have been fairly consistent throughout the season and play offs. Do they have enough to win the CCHL...yes...Fred Page, likely, beyond that, don't think so. I would say the Colts have the same possibility and feel the CCHL will be represented well by the league winner at the FPC. Kanata may surprise??

Old
04-12-2012, 08:49 PM
eddyshack

Colts 2 Raiders 0

The Nepean goalie should be the 1st star of the game stopping 37 of 38 shots with an empty net goal. He was very good and kept Nepean in the game. Much better hockey. Game on and it will be a very good series now.

Old
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
gusfring

Looks like a long series. Too bad both teams can't go to the Fred Page.

Old
04-13-2012, 08:15 AM
RTR

Quote:
Looks like a long series. Too bad both teams can't go to the Fred Page.
Agree don't think Stallions will put up a good fight.

Old
04-13-2012, 08:17 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Colts 2 Raiders 0

The Nepean goalie should be the 1st star of the game stopping 37 of 38 shots with an empty net goal. He was very good and kept Nepean in the game. Much better hockey. Game on and it will be a very good series now.
Hafner stopped 29. He was good as well obviously.

Old
04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Agree don't think Stallions will put up a good fight.
i think the stallions will win at least one game at FPC...they have beaten both kanata and nepean before...it only takes them to play really well and have a hot goalie and another team to play poorly for that to happen.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
i think the stallions will win at least one game at FPC...they have beaten both kanata and nepean before...it only takes them to play really well and have a hot goalie and another team to play poorly for that to happen.
If my memory is correct the CCHL has not lost a FPC game to the other two leagues during the past two tournaments. The only losses were when the Lumberkings fell to the Braves in 2010. Also, the MHL does not have a win over the past two years either. Thus it would seem realistic that if the Stallions can shake off the rust that they could win a game.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Hafner stopped 29. He was good as well obviously.
Yes he was very good stopping all 29 for the shut out.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
From the slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
If my memory is correct the CCHL has not lost a FPC game to the other two leagues during the past two tournaments. The only losses were when the Lumberkings fell to the Braves in 2010. Also, the MHL does not have a win over the past two years either. Thus it would seem realistic that if the Stallions can shake off the rust that they could win a game.
As a follower of the PLK I have been to the last 6 FPC tourneys and can offer the following observations;

2005- PLK hosted, was the best team there, Hawks were 2nd best, but Joliette had a hot goaltender (Bob Hartley's son), who stole a couple games and won the event. Woodstock was a decent team from Maritimes, but likely were the 4th best in the event that year.

2007- St. Jerome hosted, PQ champ Joliette was good, Maritime champ Woodstock was severely in over their head. PLK won this event and were the best team that year.

2008- Weeks Crushes hosted, did not win their league, but recieved a stand-out performance in the semi and final from their goaltender to beat PLK in the final to advance to Cornwall RBC. PLK was the best team at this event. PQ champ Sherbrooke was weak, Maritime champ Yarmouth was talented but hot headed.

2009 Dieppe (Moncton)- PLK was 2nd or 3rd best of 4 teams at this torney. Summerside as Maritime champ was the class and best team of the tourney. Host Dieppe was similar to the CP Canadians this year, as a comparison.

2010 Brockville- 2 CCHL teams PLK & Braves were in the final. Both easily better then the PQ and Maritimes champ. Braves won and were the best team that year despite PLK beating them in the league final. Helluva show in the RBC by Brockville taking Vernon to the limit inthe semi

2011 Terrabonne: PLK outclassed PQ champ Longeiul in the final and Maritime champ Summerside in round robin. Cornwall would have done the same. Host Terrabonne were a skilled team taht lacked sandpaper.

Generally speaking, our league has been the best, or 2nd best team at this event every year in the last 6. The Summerside team in 2009 impressed me, but other then that, our league champion should be favoured. Trouble with a one-game final is that a hot goalie can be a dramatic difference turning a lesser team into a regional champ.

I noticed that Woodstock this year has a very impressive record in the MHL when compared to previous years and teams. Maybe this is the rare year a powerhouse comes from the east ?

Old
04-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Ottawa Guy

Woodstock in 2010 only had three regular season losses and was by far weakest team in Brockville at FPC that season.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
How are the raiders winning? I thought they didn't have a playoff team like folks around here proclaimed...
They are not...winning.

Old
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
gusfring

Quote:
They are not...winning.
Is the final a best of three?

Old
04-15-2012, 11:33 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Is the final a best of three?
If Nepean continues to play like they did today, the series will be over very soon. Cornwall Colts went into Nepean territory today and took away home ice advantage.

Colts lead series 2 to 1 and back to Cornwall for game 4 this Tuesday night.

Simply, 1 Nepean Raiders goal in 6 periods won't win a championship.

Nepean dominated in game one, they were good in game two, today they were MIA.

The Cornwall Colts took charge and were better in every aspect of the game including D, goal tending, and putting pucks in the net.

Perhaps out coached too. The Raiders were uncharacteristically undisciplined.

It was fun to watch, if you are a Colts fan. And there were lots of Colts fans in Nepean today to enjoy the Sunday afternoon game.

The 5th goal by Tyson Spink was truly amazing. Probably the goal of the year in the CCHL.

To re-state, it is possible that this edition of the Colts is even better than last year. The Spinks, Borkowski and Baun are one year older and the addition of Durocher and others are contributing factors. They just need to stay healthy.

Certainly it was the Colts best game of the year and the Raiders worst game of the year. It was just one of those days.

I am sure the Raiders will be fired up for Tuesdays game in Cornwall. It will be interesting to see which Raiders team shows up.

Last edited by eddyshack: 04-16-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old
04-16-2012, 05:40 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
If Nepean continues to play like they did today, the series will be over very soon. Cornwall Colts went into Nepean territory today and took away home ice advantage.

The Cornwall Colts took charge and were better in every aspect of the game including D, goal tending, and putting pucks in the net.

It was fun to watch, if you are a Colts fan. And there were lots of Colts fans in Nepean today to enjoy the Sunday afternoon game.

The 5th goal by Tyson Spink was truly amazing. Probably the goal of the year in the CCHL.

To re-state, it is possible that this edition of the Colts is even better than last year. The Spinks, Borkowski and Baun are one year older and the addition of Durocher and others are contributing factors. They just need to stay healthy.

Certainly it was the Colts best game of the year and the Raiders worst game of the year. It was just one of those days.

I am sure the Raiders will be fired up for Tuesdays game in Cornwall. It will be interesting to see which Raiders team shows up.
If they win 2 more games this is true as they lost in the finals last year.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:35 AM
gusfring

Quote:

Totally agree with most of what you wrote. Nepean will lose the next 2 if they repeat yesterday's performance. No question.

But I would not count on home ice advantage counting for much.

Old
04-16-2012, 09:44 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Totally agree with most of what you wrote. Nepean will lose the next 2 if they repeat yesterday's performance. No question.

But I would not count on home ice advantage counting for much.
I agree with you about home ice advantage .... for Nepean. When 50% of the attending crowd is from Cornwall at home, the Raiders do not have much of a "home ice advantage".

And the Colts fans were loud and proud.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
gusfring

Quote:
I agree with you about home ice advantage .... for Nepean. When 50% of the attending crowd is from Cornwall at home, the Raiders do not have much of a "home ice advantage".

And the Colts fans were loud and proud.
We'll agree to disagree. 1000 fans is not a big deal. Nepean won 2 out of 3 in Pembroke - at this point it's not a big factor.

Old
04-16-2012, 11:38 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
If they win 2 more games this is true as they lost in the finals last year.
I think you are right. Good point !

Old
04-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
We'll agree to disagree. 1000 fans is not a big deal. Nepean won 2 out of 3 in Pembroke - at this point it's not a big factor.

It's just one game and home ice means nothing. My Raiders are not done yet. They will rebound.

We were outstanding in game one and could have taken game two with a couple bounces. This is not a time to panic.

PG has been here before as a coach (OJHL) and has proven all year that he and our club is capable.

Go Raiders Go!

Old
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
67sfan

Quote:
I think you are right. Good point !
Not necessarily....Nepean this year is no PLK of last year.

That said....I don't think Nepean has what it takes to beat Cornwall this series

Old
04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67sfan View Post
Not necessarily....Nepean this year is no PLK of last year.

That said....I don't think Nepean has what it takes to beat Cornwall this series
It is time to move on from PLK of last year and focus on the present and the future.

Closed Thread