HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about Yandle

Old
04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
zz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Wasn't it Langkow who fetched Smitty's goalie stick when he lost it behind the net? That was helpful...
12 minute TOI. Second lowest on the team, with Brule last at 6:00. Now wonder I didn't see him. I had obstructed view of the bench.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
When you think someone is invisible, it just might be because he's doing his job and not making mistakes.
There is that. Or the fact that he's on the bench for most of the game.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

One of the issues that I think we all have is a failure to realize what a terrific season Yandle had last year, and while we think he's blossoming and there is something more, there probably isn't. Last year is probably his 'highest' level of achievement. This year I'd consider to be average, I think he'll fall between this year and last year for the next 7 years, and for the contract he has that is just fine, plus he is one of the emotional leaders of the yotes, the players you can tell love him and he wants to be here in the valley.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
He was really bad last night. Not just average. Really bad. Tons of giveaways. Making decisions too late. Zero help on offense. Just terrible.

He needs to learn from OEL. The kid is just going with the flow. Zero nerves. He makes a few mistakes, but won't let those affect his head. Now, sure, OEL is probably the better all-around player, but still, that's the way Yandle needs to play. Right now he's useless.

Talking about useless, did Langkow play last night? I don't remember ever seeing his name on the ice.
Meh I disagree, I think Yandle was fine last night. He made a few mistakes but also made some good plays. btw...how did you not notice Langkow's sweet pass to Pyatt for the first goal of the game?

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Atrkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Meh I disagree, I think Yandle was fine last night. He made a few mistakes but also made some good plays.
I agree I don't see where people are getting the idea Yandle was so terrible, he did a good job holding the zone and was the only Yote to end the night a +2... he made some mistakes but it's not like OEL was perfect either o.O

Atrkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
-btw...how did you not notice Langkow's sweet pass to Pyatt for the first goal of the game?
I was not being facetious, I meant it: I did not see him during the whole game. I was honestly wondering whether the guy was playing at all, poorly or not. That first goal happened on the other side of the ice, I jumped around with everybody else, but I didn't see much of it. And other than that, for the 40 minutes the Coyotes attacked right in front of me (1st and 3rd periods), I never saw Langkow.

Then I saw his TOI and it explained a lot. Now, if he did good defensive things with his 12 minutes, hey, good for him. I guess at $ 4.5 M / yr, that's the least he can do.

Last edited by zz: 04-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old
04-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Kaizen

Sure he's overpaid but in addition to the assist he also blocked a couple of shots, recorded 5 hits and played 3:41 shorthanded.

Its the little things that matter at this time of year.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:02 PM
BUX7PHX

Yandle had some questionable decisions. He whiffed on a hit early in the game, but fortunately, the puck just was not picked up by the Hawks.

Absolutlely agree that last year is probably the peak of Yandle's performance, from an offensive perspective. He just has too many Jovo like plays, but b/c Yandle can't back it up from a grit/fighting standpoint, it borders on being a liability...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:11 PM
PHX FireBirds18

I thought Langkow looked just fine. Is he really better a better option than Hanzal, Vermette, and gordon right now? No, but he did fine with the 4th line role he was given this game. As long as he stays solid in his own end I could care less how invisible he is in the O zone. Any points we get from him is gravy.

As for Yandle. He could be better, and hopefully he will be. I'm not ready to jump on him yet.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
helvete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
One of the issues that I think we all have is a failure to realize what a terrific season Yandle had last year, and while we think he's blossoming and there is something more, there probably isn't. Last year is probably his 'highest' level of achievement. This year I'd consider to be average, I think he'll fall between this year and last year for the next 7 years, and for the contract he has that is just fine, plus he is one of the emotional leaders of the yotes, the players you can tell love him and he wants to be here in the valley.
Something I always figured was part of the reason for his play this season was the fact he had a kid over the summer. So it could be adjusting to having to step up after an incredible season while taking on the responsibilities of having a daughter. Both could easily throw you off a bit.

helvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:49 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Yandle's 2 hand slash wasn't bad at all. Whoever took it dove like a Sedin to try to get the call. It was halarious.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:00 AM
mitch27

Alright, well what do I know. I would just prefer Chipchura, that's all. I think he brings more to the table.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote