HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PLAYOFFS: 2012 NHL Playoffs Discussion **LA Kings Cup Winner!!**

Old
04-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Bauer Warrior*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
It's funny every time those two get knocked on their ***** they look at the closest ref immediately. Flyers were all over them tonight. I think it was Rinaldo took Malkin down and wouldn't let him get back up and gave him that good face wash. I lol'd.
Yup! That's how it's done! The refs are there to call the game, not to protect the superstars. Honestly, I love the way Crosby plays. His skill and work ethic are fantastic, but he does expect too much from the officials.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
This is how you win playoff hockey. The Flyers, as a whole, are taking a page from Darius' book in 1993. They're are showing the superstar punks no respect! Yes, Crosby; Yes, Malkin, they can hit you! And yes, they can give you face washes.

X2. It's how I expect Hamonic to play whenever (if ever) the Isles make the playoffs. The refs will allow it so take advantage of it, get in their face!

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:04 PM
bauerpower

I don't want to be a broken record...it's the last thing I will say on this subject, but Jagr just called Couturier the best defensive forward on the team and reminded him of Ron Francis, whom Jagr watched up close and personal for about 8 years.

bauerpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:25 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerpower View Post
I don't want to be a broken record...it's the last thing I will say on this subject, but Jagr just called Couturier the best defensive forward on the team and reminded him of Ron Francis, whom Jagr watched up close and personal for about 8 years.
I live in Philly and see a fair amount of Flyers' games. Laviolette has been playing Couturier in the last minutes with 1 goal leads all season long, and has had him taking d-zone faceoffs late. So I'm not surprised to hear that. And the Francis comparison has occurred to me before.

On the bright side for Isles' fans, after seeing Strome in the WJC a bit, the comparison that came to mind for me was Claude Giroux. And right now Giroux might be one of the top 4 or 5 forwards in the world.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:14 AM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
I live in Philly and see a fair amount of Flyers' games. Laviolette has been playing Couturier in the last minutes with 1 goal leads all season long, and has had him taking d-zone faceoffs late. So I'm not surprised to hear that. And the Francis comparison has occurred to me before.

On the bright side for Isles' fans, after seeing Strome in the WJC a bit, the comparison that came to mind for me was Claude Giroux. And right now Giroux might be one of the top 4 or 5 forwards in the world.
Couturier has skill and good size, the Islanders should have drafted him, but they went for the "BPA".

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 03:06 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Couturier has skill and good size, the Islanders should have drafted him, but they went for the "BPA".
One could argue Couturier was the "BPA", the Islanders basically went for a guy with higher upside but a bigger risk

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:49 AM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
I just posted on Facebook, "I'm rooting for the Flyers. I need to take a bath in gasoline and tomato juice" - I'm with ya, Bauer brother. I hate rooting for the Flyers, but I, too, hate the Penguins that much!
Can't believe I am pulling for the flyers and may need to root for them again if they play the rangers in round 2... I may need to start some kind of therapy after this playoff season..

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:33 AM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
Can't believe I am pulling for the flyers and may need to root for them again if they play the rangers in round 2... I may need to start some kind of therapy after this playoff season..
We really need to root for the NYR to play NJ in the next round. If they get OTT and then FLA it'll be like 2004 all over again with them getting a cakewalk to the Cup while other teams are beating each other up. Ron Hextall and the Isles helped them big time in '94.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
We really need to root for the NYR to play NJ in the next round. If they get OTT and then FLA it'll be like 2004 all over again with them getting a cakewalk to the Cup while other teams are beating each other up. Ron Hextall and the Isles helped them big time in '94.
The Panthers, in fact, both Florida teams, have always given the Rangers fits.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
I agree

Not that Florida wouldn't play hard, but New Jersey hates the Rangers guts.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Symon Asher

Quote:
I remember the 1979 Playoffs. The first round the Isles had a bye. Round 2 they had Chicago who was not very good at the time. In fact Chicago could not get their rink for game 3 because it was being used for a Led Zep concert concert so Chicago's home rink was the NVMC . Isles sweep the Blackhawks in 4. Play Rangers next and lose in 6.

The excuse at the time was that the Isles had a cake walk and were over confident
The Rangers had 2 tough playoff series prior and had their playoff game face on.

Last edited by Symon Asher: 04-14-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:17 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Just LOVING that the Penguins have gotten beaten twice at home.

Not a Flyers fan, but nothing would make me happier then to see the Penguins eliminated in round 1.

Of course, if I could see the Rangers, Canucks and Bruins all eliminated in round one, I will do cartwheels down Hempstead Turnpike.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Andrea5174

Go Flyers Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea5174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Weber is a much better version of Hamonic....but they are similar in so many ways. It would be awesome if Hamonic can approach that level one day. Weber, Suter and Rinne keep Nashville in every game. I love their team, I wish the Isles would build a team like that. Fast, tough, work hard in all zones, are hard to play against.

Side note, if Nashville had a layer like John Tavares they'd be Stanley Cup favourites. With his style and his ability to make those around him better, that extra goal would put Nashville at a whole new level.

I forget where I read how many FIRST GOALS that Tavares/Moulson scored this year, I think it was the highest in the NHL (maybe Stamkos?) but we all know the Isles record in protecting leads.

I think I'm pulling for Nashville in the west.
I've payed attention to Weber's play and I think Travis plays a similar game. When I watch Weber and then Travis It makes me realize how young he is still. Travis is still a baby it seems and despite his mature body I feel like he hasn't become a man yet like Weber. Also Weber seems more mean and tough compared to Travis. Maybe their personalities are different who knows. Once Travis feels confident in his body and gets more experience I think he can have a Weber like impact/career.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

According to Pierre McGuire, Brian Rolston has become an integral part of the Boston Bruins LOL

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Islander Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride of Chuckie View Post
According to Pierre McGuire, Brian Rolston has become an integral part of the Boston Bruins LOL
I'm ashamed to say this, but I picked Roslton in my pool

and I'm kinda happy I did actually, which is even worse

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Ugh, I hate that NBC Sports is blacked out. I ****ing can't stand Sam Rosen's voice and Joe Homerelli.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Symon Asher

Maybe the Isles can learn from Ottawa. You punch our star player you get a beat down.

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Darth Bangkok

Yes. Its great to see a team stick up for each other.

Of course its also great to watch a rag get his ass kicked and everyone freak out

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

WOOOOOOOO How about that Backstrom double OT winner?

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Bauer Warrior*

The playoffs are tough. I'm tellin' ya, if we made it, John Tavares would have been in a body bag. WE HAVE TO GET TOUGHER!!

Old
04-14-2012, 09:17 PM
miscreant
Charles in Charge!

I'm sure we'll see the NHL fine the Sens 100K for doing what we did to the Pens last year.

miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Hey! Hey! Hey hey hey!!!

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Riddick

anyoen have a video? i missed this.