HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Depch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Don't want to sound like a buzz kill but this kid is the most over-rated kid in this draft class. He should and deserves to be at around 46+ overall.
Quote:
I know due to the lack of skilled forwards in this drafts player are rising but compare his stats to players drafted from finland in the recent years and you will find that he should be drafted around mid 2nd round.
So you basically just said that he should not be taken 46+ overall as you are aware it's a weaker draft and it is the reason he could be taken higher than on a stronger draft. I'm fairly sure the pro scouts are aware of that as well. I see what you are saying here and I see that as the bottom end how things would go with him at worst if his progress stalls. Still think your account is purely for the trollz and I wasted time for that, so congrats.

++

The biggest thing with him is the learning curve this season. Improving all season all the way even in playoffs, stealing a spot and moving up in a team against grown men shows attitude and effort. The learning curve makes him very interesting player and his will to step it up and get the job done makes it look like it's not gonna be lack of his effort that will keep him off from reaching the higher end of his potential, add to that his vision, his potential could be very high. Next season will tell a lot is the progress still there. When matching all of these things it will be very hard to not choose this guy in the first round.

When we see risers and fallers in drafts it's often about the personality and effort/motivation or lack of it. These things happen usually right before the drafts a lot when scouts and managements are being in contact with the draftees and interviewing them. Teuvo has no problem being a faller, as said he's shown he has the effort/mental strength, has the smarts to play the game at high level and this season just made it that much more interesting.

7.5C - 8D from me to him.

Last edited by Depch: 04-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old
04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Don't want to sound like a buzz kill but this kid is the most over-rated kid in this draft class. He should and deserves to be at around 46+ overall. He compares a lot statistically to Markus Granlund but Granlund holds the statistics. He has never captained a International Jr team as Granlund did and really doesn't out preform him statistically. I have watched him play a few times and haven't seen anything that would give him a top 15 pick, Sure he has the instincts, but all of his talents are very raw and he gets beat off the puck way too much. Sorry guys i am no troll or no homer i just really can't seem to find a way to like this guy.
So statistically Markus Granlund outplayed Teuvo Teräväinen by playing in jr. A while Teräväinen played in Sm-liiga? Sounds like solid logic to me. Sounds like you are well informed. Congratulations

Old
04-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Flames1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
So statistically Markus Granlund outplayed Teuvo Teräväinen by playing in jr. A while Teräväinen played in Sm-liiga? Sounds like solid logic to me. Sounds like you are well informed. Congratulations
But Markus has out preformed him at almost every level before reaching SM-Liga, so to any account Markus could have came in last year at posted the same number as Teuvo i mean it is not a long shot, But seriously guys i am not troll there, i am simply a fan who pays attention to prospects because my club blows! Haha and i don't get the hype on this guy and haven't i understand he wasn't given the silver spoon or anything but i think it would be a huge mistake to take this guy in the top 15, even if he is a warrior. There are plenty of warriors in the NHL who bust their a$$es every game and still don't show up on the score sheet. I am just saying that what has been posted in this thread some of you guys are overvaluing this guy by miles. 18 points in 40 is respectable for a 17 year old playing with men but it doesn't mean this guy is a top 15 pick and even as mentioned top ten, This kid is a project at best. I just cannot see him as a impact player for a few good years, and for those who said that he is ahead of Mikeal Granlund should really take off those rose coloured glasses because seriously? Mikeal Granlund is a top notch prospect, where as Teuvo is far behind.

Great world of prospects, always no matter what people will differ in opinion, i guess i am on the wrong side of the fence though

Old
04-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Depch

Quote:
But Markus has out preformed him at almost every level before reaching SM-Liga, so to any account Markus could have came in last year at posted the same number as Teuvo i mean it is not a long shot, But seriously guys i am not troll there, i am simply a fan who pays attention to prospects because my club blows! Haha and i don't get the hype on this guy and haven't i understand he wasn't given the silver spoon or anything but i think it would be a huge mistake to take this guy in the top 15, even if he is a warrior. There are plenty of warriors in the NHL who bust their a$$es every game and still don't show up on the score sheet. I am just saying that what has been posted in this thread some of you guys are overvaluing this guy by miles. 18 points in 40 is respectable for a 17 year old playing with men but it doesn't mean this guy is a top 15 pick and even as mentioned top ten, This kid is a project at best. I just cannot see him as a impact player for a few good years, and for those who said that he is ahead of Mikeal Granlund should really take off those rose coloured glasses because seriously? Mikeal Granlund is a top notch prospect, where as Teuvo is far behind.

Great world of prospects, always no matter what people will differ in opinion, i guess i am on the wrong side of the fence though
I can respect that and I apologize for the troll accusations.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Tormentor

Quote:

There’s a difference in a way Teräväinen moves in comparison to the Granlund brothers. That’s the very important area of the game where Teräväinen has an advantage. Teräväinen dances on the ice; he controls his speed and direction perfectly while handling the puck. He keeps his head up at the same time and it’s easy for him to find openings. It’s hugely difficult to defend against him, you can’t predict when and what he does next. He’s holding the steering wheel so to speak and decides where the game goes next.

You could very well be right about the fact that it takes 2 to 4 years before he’s fully ready for NHL, and that makes him a bit of a question mark, but Yakupov might be the only forward from this draft who’s able to step into NHL right away and make some sort of an impact (and we have to remember Yakupov is almost a full year older than Teräväinen).

I respect your opinion, but I’m sure Terväinen goes in the 1st round and likely in the top-20. I’m also quite confident that he’ll have 40 points next season in SM-liiga if he just stays healthy. With this pace of development he’s not far from being an EHT level player and should reach that level quite quickly. His development form last season has been incredible. The skill has always been there, but he’s bigger, stronger, faster, braver, more involved with the game, and a lot more responsible defensively than last season. I honestly didn’t think he was much of a NHL prospect last year, but that has changed big time. For me Teräväinen is a clearly better NHL prospect than Markus Granlund and I know that I'm not the only one thinking that way.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I think this kid is going to be a player.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:27 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Markus Granlund definitely have junior skills but those won't transfer to NHL.

From what I've seen Teuvo plays like NHL player. He is WAY more NHL ready than any other Finnish junior in last few years.

Old
04-14-2012, 04:48 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Markus Granlund definitely have junior skills but those won't transfer to NHL.

From what I've seen Teuvo plays like NHL player. He is WAY more NHL ready than any other Finnish junior in last few years.
Disagree. Barkov is more mature as physically and mentally they're quite equal but slight edge to Barkov. Barkov is 1 year younger...

Old
04-14-2012, 05:19 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Disagree. Barkov is more mature as physically and mentally they're quite equal but slight edge to Barkov. Barkov is 1 year younger...
I compared Teuvo to older prospects 90-93 born players.

Yeah Barkov is mature physically and mentally etc but does he play more NHL style hockey like Teräväinen?

Old
04-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Tormentor

Everyone has their opinions and there's no right or wrong, but how would you guys rank Sami Vatanen, Mikael Granlund, Joel Armia, Miikka Salomäki, Olli Määttä, Teuvo Teräväinen, Rasmus Ristolainen and Aleksander Barkov as NHL prospects at the moment? Who's going to offer the most value to his organization in 5 or 10 years? Feel free to add other prospects to the ranking, if you want to make it a top-10.

Old
04-14-2012, 05:53 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Everyone has their opinions and there's no right or wrong, but how would you guys rank Sami Vatanen, Mikael Granlund, Joel Armia, Miikka Salomäki, Olli Määttä, Teuvo Teräväinen, Rasmus Ristolainen and Aleksander Barkov as NHL prospects at the moment? Who's going to offer the most value to his organization in 5 or 10 years? Feel free to add other prospects to the ranking, if you want to make it a top-10.
that would probably belong in a different, separate thread?

Old
04-14-2012, 06:24 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
All I can really say at this point is I think it'll be Barkov then Granlund, and the rest follow. I'm not really too familiar with Finnish prospects though.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:27 AM
thomast

Quote:
1. Alexander Barkov
size,skill and has best overall game. His lowest potential is Jordan Staal like player and highest is Datsyuk-like. If he works his skating into good shape he's going to be very hard to stop.

2. Sami Vatanen
Best drafted prospect right now from Finland. His numbers are phenomenal. With ducks i see Vatanen being 50-60pt defender someday.

3. Mikael Granlund
Elite vision, hockey iq and good two-way game. Good work ethic. I could project him being about 70-PPG player and some years with 90pt peaks. Safest bet for being 70-90pt player from all finnish prospects.

4. Teuvo Teräväinen
Teräväinen has highest upside and potential. He is going to be unstopable player in FEL when he bulks up. Not flashy but very creative and effective. Underrated defensive game. If Teräväinen reaches his FULL potential i think that he's next finnish superstar in the NHL i don't see that potential in MG. More likely 60-80pt player in the NHL but i think that he has even 100pt potential if he reaches his maxium potential.

5. Olli Määttä
Smart, moves puck well, has been producing well at OHL playoffs. I see Olli Määttä being very consistent and good two-way defender. The guy who can play at every situation and dream player for every coach. 30-40 pt potential with good all-around game.

6. Artturi Lehkonen
Skilled, smart, great two-way game. Was one of the best players in A-SM as an 16 year old. Artturi Lehkonen has very high potential aswell but won't predict his point totals in the NHL. If Teräväinen developed alot during this year so did Lehkonen.

7. Rasmus Ristolainen
Big, smooth, puck moving two-way defender. Good mobility and he can be physical and nasty. Bad positioning in defensive zone at times and has to mature up mentally for the game. Ristolainen isn't the most mistake free defender. I see his potential being 30-50 pt defender with physical precence but i see bust potential in him. Because he is inconsistent defender. He can be amazing d for 2 period and after that he cracks and is horrible which can cost games.

8. Joel Armia
Very skilled, love his ability to guard his puck. More involved in the game than at his draft year. Sometimes he makes stupid decisions and takes unnecessary penalties. I could see his potential being 50-60 25-30g potential. I see bust potential if he doesen't mature up mentally and plays more as an team player. He has to stops taking those unnecessary penalties and stop making those stupid decisions with the puck(it has decreased from last year)

9. Miikka Salomäki
Physical, nasty, good two-way game. Underrated offensive game. Seems to be very inconsistent offensively. I see him being NHLer but mostly in 4th, 3rd Lines with about 20-40pts a year.

The projection is IF they reaches NHL. Every prospect has bust potential(someones with higher)and injury-danger. But this is how i see it right now.

Last edited by thomast: 04-14-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old
04-14-2012, 06:33 AM
helicecopter

I'm always been a Vatanen great fan, but Mikael Granlund is clearly the best prospect in Finland right now.

And we are clearly OT as well here

Old
04-14-2012, 06:35 AM
TZM
Par too easy

TT is more mature now than Markus Granlund was a year ago. Markus has been developing like crazy though. Higher draft number without a doubt is more deserved for Teräväinen. It's very reasonable as Teräväinen has played far more SM-Liiga games than Markus had played before the draft.

Mikael Granlund and Sami Vatanen are elite of SM-Liiga, so there's no point matching up Teräväinen to them yet.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:39 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
I'm always been a Vatanen great fan, but Mikael Granlund is clearly the best prospect in Finland right now.

And we are clearly OT as well here
Everyone knows how high i am for Mikael Granlund at these boards. I have watched about 15-20 games from both this year and i have to say that what Granlund does is great but what Vatanen is doing is amazing, he is clearly the best finnish defender in europe. Vatanen wasn't far away from being PPG player in FEL as an DEFENDER. Granlund didn't develope much during this season and Vatanen still developed alot.

Old
04-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
that would probably belong in a different, separate thread?
There should be sticky official finnish prospect thread but there isn't so...

Old
04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Zamuz

Quote:
1. Alexander Barkov
size,skill and has best overall game. His lowest potential is Jordan Staal like player and highest is Datsyuk-like. If he works his skating into good shape he's going to be very hard to stop.
Even how much i like Barkov, i don't think he is ranked over Granlund at this moment. Barkov is not the best skater yet and even though he is big, there is no real strength in his game. He has good skills, but he is not yet nearly as good stickhandler as for example Granlund is. Rank: 4

Quote:
2. Sami Vatanen
Best drafted prospect right now from Finland. His numbers are phenomenal. With ducks i see Vatanen being 50-60pt defender someday.
I agree that he can be Erik Karlsson style player making huge points and being a powerplay threat. But he is not the best drafted prospect from Finland, Vatanen is not as physical as Granlund which is the most important thing in NHL. If you are a weak player but good skills, you will be injured very fast and can't take hits. Rank: 7

Quote:
3. Mikael Granlund
Elite vision, hockey iq and good two-way game. Good work ethic. I could project him being about 70-PPG player and some years with 90pt peaks. Safest bet for being 70-90pt player from all finnish prospects.
Granlund is pretty far the best prospect from Finland, he is a complete player. His skating has developed to another level this season, which was his weakness. Also he has become more physical, he was NHL ready already this season. Rank: 1

Quote:
4. Teuvo Teräväinen
Teräväinen has highest upside and potential. He is going to be unstopable player in FEL when he bulks up. Not flashy but very creative and effective. Underrated defensive game. If Teräväinen reaches his FULL potential i think that he's next finnish superstar in the NHL i don't see that potential in MG. More likely 60-80pt player in the NHL but i think that he has even 100pt potential if he reaches his maxium potential.
I see Teräväinen as Korpikoski/Filppula style player, good defensive game with a great goal scoring ability. He looks like a typical Canadian forward prospect, because of his smooth release of shot. I think he is max. 70 point player. Rank: 6

Quote:
5. Olli Määttä
Smart, moves puck well, has been producing well at OHL playoffs. I see Olli Määttä being very consistent and good two-way defender. The guy who can play at every situation and dream player for every coach. 30-40 pt potential with good all-around game.
Very much like Joni Pitkänen, will probably play huge minutes in his team and for sure top pair defenseman if his developement keeps going. For me, he is closest to NHL behind Granlund. Rank: 2

Quote:
6. Artturi Lehkonen
Skilled, smart, great two-way game. Was one of the best players in A-SM as an 16 year old. Artturi Lehkonen has very high potential aswell but won't predict his point totals in the NHL. If Teräväinen developed alot during this year so did Lehkonen.
I don't know much about him, heard only good though. I hope to see him today when FIN-CAN in u18 in about one hour. Rank: 9/??

Quote:
7. Rasmus Ristolainen
Big, smooth, puck moving two-way defender. Good mobility and he can be physical and nasty. Bad positioning in defensive zone at times and has to mature up mentally for the game. Ristolainen isn't the most mistake free defender. I see his potential being 30-50 pt defender with physical precence but i see bust potential in him. Because he is inconsistent defender. He can be amazing d for 2 period and after that he cracks and is horrible which can cost games.
I just hope he keeps getting better, he could be very good offensive defenseman. But im a bit scared, he wasn't really impressive in WJC.. a lot of mistakes. Rank: 8

Quote:
8. Joel Armia
Very skilled, love his ability to guard his puck. More involved in the game than at his draft year. Sometimes he makes stupid decisions and takes unnecessary penalties. I could see his potential being 50-60 25-30g potential. I see bust potential if he doesen't mature up mentally and plays more as an team player. He has to stops taking those unnecessary penalties and stop making those stupid decisions with the puck(it has decreased from last year)
Armia is amazing player... if he is motivated. Very poor defensive input and sometimes too selfish play are his weaknesses.. but i see him as a solid second liner in NHL.. though it's still possible that he takes that next step... next season. Rank: 5

Quote:
9. Miikka Salomäki
Physical, nasty, good two-way game. Underrated offensive game. Seems to be very inconsistent offensively. I see him being NHLer but mostly in 4th, 3rd Lines with about 20-40pts a year.
I think Salomaki is most NHL ready player with Granlund and Maatta, he has physicality, works hard, great skater and good shot.. I'm surprised if he is not playing in preds within 2 years. Rank: 3
[/QUOTE]

Old
04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamuz View Post
granlund is pretty far the best prospect from finland, he is a complete player. His skating has developed to another level this season, which was his weakness. Also he has become more physical, he was nhl ready already this season. rank: 1
Granlund still has to battle from every inch, feet is moving ok but the man ain't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamuz View Post
i see teräväinen as korpikoski/filppula style player, good defensive game with a great goal scoring ability. He looks like a typical canadian forward prospect, because of his smooth release of shot. I think he is max. 70 point player. rank: 6
Are you kidding me? Hes 1st few steps are game breaking along with fast and accurate release. He might not be that "flashy" on ice but he will be amazing 1st/2nd line center in few years ( when TT gets more lower body strength hes skating ability will reach another dimension, he's already way better skater than Granlund is )

Old
04-14-2012, 10:26 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamuz View Post
Even how much i like Barkov, i don't think he is ranked over Granlund at this moment. Barkov is not the best skater yet and even though he is big, there is no real strength in his game. He has good skills, but he is not yet nearly as good stickhandler as for example Granlund is. Rank: 4

I agree that he can be Erik Karlsson style player making huge points and being a powerplay threat. But he is not the best drafted prospect from Finland, Vatanen is not as physical as Granlund which is the most important thing in NHL. If you are a weak player but good skills, you will be injured very fast and can't take hits. Rank: 7

Granlund is pretty far the best prospect from Finland, he is a complete player. His skating has developed to another level this season, which was his weakness. Also he has become more physical, he was NHL ready already this season. Rank: 1

I see Teräväinen as Korpikoski/Filppula style player, good defensive game with a great goal scoring ability. He looks like a typical Canadian forward prospect, because of his smooth release of shot. I think he is max. 70 point player. Rank: 6

Very much like Joni Pitkänen, will probably play huge minutes in his team and for sure top pair defenseman if his developement keeps going. For me, he is closest to NHL behind Granlund. Rank: 2

I don't know much about him, heard only good though. I hope to see him today when FIN-CAN in u18 in about one hour. Rank: 9/??

I just hope he keeps getting better, he could be very good offensive defenseman. But im a bit scared, he wasn't really impressive in WJC.. a lot of mistakes. Rank: 8

Armia is amazing player... if he is motivated. Very poor defensive input and sometimes too selfish play are his weaknesses.. but i see him as a solid second liner in NHL.. though it's still possible that he takes that next step... next season. Rank: 5

I think Salomaki is most NHL ready player with Granlund and Maatta, he has physicality, works hard, great skater and good shot.. I'm surprised if he is not playing in preds within 2 years. Rank: 3
[/QUOTE]

Ranked them potential wiseas usual when you rank prospects. Barkov is actualy best stickhandler off them all. The way how he moves the puck in traffic smoothly. Uses his stick and his huge reach as an advantge. He's threat all the time because of his takeaway ability. Granlund is better at dekeing which might be cool but isn't as important thing as others. Stickhandling is using the stick with and without the puck and Barkov is suberb in that category. At puckhandling they are closer but i give slight edge to Barkov because of his ability to mantain the puck posession in the high traffic and in tiny space combined with his large powerful frame which translates perfectly into NHL. You don't have to be physical to be successfull player or d in the NHL. Ask Nicklas lidström.

I want to hear this. Why do you think that Teräväinen is korpikoski type of player? And why his max potential is 70pts? Look at what Tormentor posted about Teräväinen. I've been watching about 15-20 games off Teräväinen this season and i could see superstar potential in him. He has that creativity, vision and he can make very unexpected plays and moves like Tormentor said.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Zamuz

Quote:
Ranked them potential wiseas usual when you rank prospects. Barkov is actualy best stickhandler off them all. The way how he moves the puck in traffic smoothly. Uses his stick and his huge reach as an advantge. He's threat all the time because of his takeaway ability. Granlund is better at dekeing which might be cool but isn't as important thing as others. Stickhandling is using the stick with and without the puck and Barkov is suberb in that category. At puckhandling they are closer but i give slight edge to Barkov because of his ability to mantain the puck posession in the high traffic and in tiny space combined with his large powerful frame which translates perfectly into NHL. You don't have to be physical to be successfull player or d in the NHL. Ask Nicklas lidström.
Are you not watching Granlund? he is currently better stickhandler than Barkov, yes i said that because he is. Granlund can play awesomely in traffic and that's one of his strengths and he is great without puck too. Barkov is good at takeaways, but just that he is good at one category of using the stick doesn't make him a better stickhandler. Why was Granlund much more visible in U20? Barkov had some good moments, but i really didn't see anything stunning from him. I don't even think Barkov had any takeaways in U20 atleast i didn't see that happening, don't get me wrong.. he is a great player and has high potential but he is not as good as Granlund right now... not even close to be honest. Hockey is also much more than just being a defensive player which you clearly like more, scoring is and will always be the most important thing in hockey, if you are just a good two-way forward you don't win games with that, you need to score.

Quote:
I want to hear this. Why do you think that Teräväinen is korpikoski type of player? And why his max potential is 70pts? Look at what Tormentor posted about Teräväinen. I've been watching about 15-20 games off Teräväinen this season and i could see superstar potential in him. He has that creativity, vision and he can make very unexpected plays and moves like Tormentor said.
Because that's how i see him, i watched a lot of him this season. I think he looks very much like Korpikoski, he didn't score points like Granlund that age... that's why. A superstar potential player would have done that.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:59 AM
thomast

Quote:
Are you not watching Granlund? he is currently better stickhandler than Barkov, yes i said that because he is. Granlund can play awesomely in traffic and that's one of his strengths and he is great without puck too. Barkov is good at takeaways, but just that he is good at one category of using the stick doesn't make him a better stickhandler. Why was Granlund much more visible in U20? Barkov had some good moments, but i really didn't see anything stunning from him. I don't even think Barkov had any takeaways in U20 atleast i didn't see that happening, don't get me wrong.. he is a great player and has high potential but he is not as good as Granlund right now... not even close to be honest. Hockey is also much more than just being a defensive player which you clearly like more, scoring is and will always be the most important thing in hockey, if you are just a good two-way forward you don't win games with that, you need to score.

Because that's how i see him, i watched a lot of him this season. I think he looks very much like Korpikoski, he didn't score points like Granlund that age... that's why. A superstar potential player would have done that.
How hard i have to say that i ranked the player POTENTIAL wise and not how good they are right now. tormentor asked what do you think who are the best in 5-10 YEARS.

Do you think that Granlund is better at traffic? Granlund has much higher giveaway rate than Barkov when they play at traffic. Granlund loses the puck more often. Barkov has faster hands, longer reach, hes smoother stickhandler. Every at Hfboards know how much i like Mikael Granlund.

NEVER judge an prospect by stats... You watch their developement curve and playing style and how it fits into NHL. Compare Mikko Koivus stats and Tuomo Ruutu's stats in FEL and compare them now. Your logic is bad. Everyone has their opinions but your arguments are quite bad.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:00 AM
RKC

Quote:
Difference between Granlund's and Teräväinen's rookie season in the SM-liiga is that TT had to fight his way from juniors to 4th line and from there to scoring lines, meanwhile Granlund was given a top-6 place on silver plate. If I remember correctly Granlund played most of the season on 2nd line with Ahtola and Ramstedt, TT has been bounced around between 4th line winger and 1st line center all season long, so he hasn't been given chance to develop same kind of chemistry with his linemates like Granlund was.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
Difference between Granlund's and Teräväinen's rookie season in the SM-liiga is that TT had to fight his way from juniors to 4th line and from there to scoring lines, meanwhile Granlund was given a top-6 place on silver plate. If I remember correctly Granlund played most of the season on 2nd line with Ahtola and Ramstedt, TT has been bounced around between 4th line winger and 1st line center all season long, so he hasn't been given chance to develop same kind of chemistry with his linemates like Granlund was.
Granlund started in the third line, and played his first season in that line, as far as I can remember. Saying he got it on a silver plate is exaggerating it a little bit, too. Teräväinen developed a lot during this season, though.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Zamuz

Quote:
How hard i have to say that i ranked the player POTENTIAL wise and not how good they are right now. tormentor asked what do you think who are the best in 5-10 YEARS.

Do you think that Granlund is better at traffic? Granlund has much higher giveaway rate than Barkov when they play at traffic. Granlund loses the puck more often. Barkov has faster hands, longer reach, hes smoother stickhandler. Every at Hfboards know how much i like Mikael Granlund.

NEVER judge an prospect by stats... You watch their developement curve and playing style and how it fits into NHL. Compare Mikko Koivus stats and Tuomo Ruutu's stats in FEL and compare them now. Your logic is bad. Everyone has their opinions but your arguments are quite bad.
I don't think that Granlund is better at traffic, because he definitely is. I don't know about giveaway rates but Granlund produces more than Barkov, which is a much more important stat than giveaway stat. You clearly overhype Barkov, he is not that good to be compared with Granlund. Granlund has finished games all on his own this season and in the ****ing national hockey team against NHL:ers, your argument is invalid. Tell me when Barkov does that, if ever. Barkov is just a potenital player at the moment, he has not reached his potential yet. Sure we are more wise next season. And tormentor stated how would you rank them at this moment, go back and read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
Yeah you said that, Granlund played with Ahtola and Ramstedt... during that season it was Granlund playing with who? and who? Look at the peaks of those players when they played with Granlund, Granlund made them way better players than they actually are.

Closed Thread